No announcement yet.

FORMULA DRIFT And Its Future, My View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive seen 3 episodes so far and none of them have been great driving like the past. 2007 and 2008 was bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*. They had to go one more time because the match was to close to call. Now its one more time because both drivers are going off cores. Something changed about it but I don't follow it enough to know what is. I did notice a lot of new cars.

Comment

I agree Jeff, especially the last round I was like WTF amatuer *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* am I watching? Compared to the driving this year with a few exceptions I think that FD has surpassed D1 in driver level.

Comment

ahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

roflllllll

I could say the same exact thing about last round at FD, almost every single car hitting those tall cones coming into the first turns. Drivers going off track.

I think for any driver to say the skill has surpassed its put up or shut up. Because they come over and show us there capability to compete and win on our rules.

They sent a few Americans, 1 ex champion, a couple up and comers, and 1 pro am guy. And all we scored was a stint on the top 16 on probably the most simple course of their series.

I think we have surpassed them on car preparation and in most cases overall event preparation. But definitely not on driver level, it cant definitely be judged off of one television show.

Both drivers go off course, that's reasonable. You act like FD eliminates both drivers or something lmao.
        Last edited by Bebop; 09-30-2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Talk about skills...
          Gittin hit Forsberg on their first run, and then went off course on the second to trick Forsberg into it. unfortunately Forsberg followed him into the dirt. Then Gittin try the same thing with Tuerck, and went off course into the dirt again, (somethng he didnt do all sat) but Tuerck didnt go for that trick, and he still lost.

Just another proof that FD judging is a joke.

Btw. i think the only judge with a little more sense is Fixmer.

Comment

Originally posted by mannynj View Post
            Talk about skills...
            Gittin hit Forsberg on their first run, and then went off course on the second to trick Forsberg into it. unfortunately Forsberg followed him into the dirt. Then Gittin try the same thing with Tuerck, and went off course into the dirt again, (somethng he didnt do all sat) but Tuerck didnt go for that trick, and he still lost.

Just another proof that FD judging is a joke.

Btw. i think the only judge with a little more sense is Fixmer.
            Which round?

Comment

Sonoma, last round.

Comment

so why exactly would jr lead his DRIFT ALLIANCE TEAM MATE into the dirt?

Comment

I dont know, to win! ask him.
                  I think the same thing, why would he do that to his teammates?
                  Why not just win fare and square?

Comment

I think in both situations (D1/FD) alot has to do with track temps. Sun sets, and the black top goes down 10 degrees that effects tire grip alot in drifting. Just adjustment of 2-5 psi can make a huge difference.

I see JR as a very competitive and overly aggressive, but I don't see him playing tricks like this. This is another reason why there should be a predetermined tandem line, if I was is Forsberg's position I would have went in for the pass at that point. But everything happens so fast, he didnt have time to adapt unless he knew he was going to wash out that much.
                    Last edited by Bebop; 10-02-2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

It's up! I had to condense it, but it's on Jalopnik.

http://jalopnik.com/5653879/formula-...and-the-future

Comment

WOW!! This is a pretty good read. A lot of good points from all over the place. I am just glad most of the people on here have spoke/written and conducted themselves with respect to others.. Says the guy with a 1.8L Miata inf FD
                        I love Formula D. Its really fun..
                        Seriously though. great read to see all of these fans and drivers with such solid passion..

Comment

Selfishness

I was and have been surprised at the growth of the Irwindale race. Of course being the selfish person I am I want it to stay small in crowd size , low in cost and big in cars.

I want to sit where I want ( on track or in stands). I want tread in my teeth and smoke in my lungs.

Truthfully I want drift drivers and cars at my beckoning, to tear around the 91e to 605n interchange ( if you live in LA you get it) , rip around the corner of my street, to give me a ride when I am late for work.

I was super stoked at the "little guys". It was great to see the damage up close and discuss the repairs needed. To revel in the wonders of duck tape and zip ties. To see a person and his/her friends and family pitchin in to get on the track? PRICELESS COMRADERY

I get the big dogs show up and they are f'n badazz. Their engines rattle my core. When I am in the OPEN PITS,wandering and they gun that monster cuz I'm in the way, it gets me all worked up inside. Polite enough to give a little wave and a chuckle at me being startled. They were the "little guys" once. They still recognize that.

After attending my 5th year of Irwindale drifting I've come to realize if it can keep its homegrown feel AND give me growling, screaming, big money cars I AM IN!!!!!

P.S. If you are available for that drift carpool..... call me

Comment

This was posted about 1 year ago, any new opinions?

Comment

this article is old!!!

Does anyone notice the fact that this article is from last year!!?? Outdated!! Cars have already changed and moved up like turek in the camero. Ask the drivers why they change... its expensive ... sponsers want to be consistently in top 16 .. that means a larger motor. Bottom line is if you can drive your going to work your way up. I remember watching turek Forsberg jr jtp powers gushi all in there rookie cars ... since then thy have all moved up to be in the top 10 in FD.

Comment

Didn't Forsberg finish 04 (inaugural season) in 3rd?

Comment

Working...
                                X