Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUSTIN PAWLAK & Falken Team Manager JONATHON BRADFORD on MotoIQ Radio

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...oiq-radio.aspx

ANNOUNCEMENT: Tonight 7pm PST on MotoIQ Radio: Falken's Justin Pawlak & Team Manager Jonathon Bradford

Tonight learn about what it's like to run the mighty Team Falken, with Hosts Will Cannady and Justin Banner. You can hear what really happened at Team Falken in Vegas and hear the story from JTP himself to clear his reputation after another media outlet "Wrecked" it!

Justin - did you write that caption?

you won't get very far by trashing other publications...

Comment

the show is still going on

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
        Justin - did you write that caption?

you won't get very far by trashing other publications...
        No, I did not write that caption, however, the actions of certain web-a-zines were uncalled for. To blog a story of JTP forcing Tyler out of the car when that was 100% untrue and did not research before posting it is what will keep people from getting further than TMZ type coverage.

Comment

Really sweet interview, I got alot of respect for J-Brad and that was a brave but smart decision he made. As far as the whole TMZ of drifting goes I will say it like this, who else is bringing in up to date fairly (or shall I say sometimes) accurate news? Yes the folks over there do exaggerate to try to sell the story a bit but no one else is putting the info out there. The teams often take a long time to release watered down press releases. Sponsors are also gagging some of the teams from releasing alot of exciting information. And Formula D says it themselves that they don't want to air out teams "dirty laundry". For a "top rank" "premier" motorsport direct news from team/sponsor/sanctioning body is hard to come by and or slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
            No, I did not write that caption, however, the actions of certain web-a-zines were uncalled for. To blog a story of JTP forcing Tyler out of the car when that was 100% untrue and did not research before posting it is what will keep people from getting further than TMZ type coverage.

I am officially over you guys crying at MotoIQ this week. I get you that you guys are just shills for Falken Tire but WE get it already. Before you take all the words here and twist them around I like all of you guys at MotoIQ and I read the website.

Here is the original post:
            http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/...-for-practice/

The one sentence in the whole post about Justin:
            "With the help of Team Falken he removed Tyler McQuarrie from the Nissan 350z and ran practice in his car."

Even after current knowledge that is 50% accurate.

A- I did reporting and research on the post before it was made. I wasn't even at the track on Thursday night and that is when the post went live. Apparently we didn't make the whole thing up since Tyler wasn't driving his car this weekend.

B- Let me offer you a timeline of my events:

I received a text from another team spotter at 11:33pm that JTP was driving the 350z. I was at a bar in The Palms and quickly got back to my hotel room (much to the dismay of my guests I was hosting). The first post I typed up around 3:00am PST in Las Vegas after waiting for Tyler McQuarrie and nine others to text me back (phone calls after midnight just seemed rude). Some did reply with information (including a member of Falken Tire) with some information about events taken place. I launched a post out at 9:41am releasing the information about the car swap. The original post even says I reached out to Tyler McQuarrie for a comment but he didn't reply to me.

Justin Pawlak called me according to my call log at 1:34pm. I will leave our conversation private but long story short he asked me to speak with J Brad directly so I took down his cell phone and called him once I returned to my hotel room at 2:28pm. J Brad was in route to the track and asked to call me back when he arrived at the track. Instead of going back out to gamble and have fun I waited in my hotel room for a call back. I received once at 3:00pm on the dot and we spoke about the situation from his hands as a team director. I proceeded to make sure it was okay to publicize parts of our conversation and I posted an update at 3:43pm that looked like this:

"UPDATE 3:43pm – After talking to J Brad (Team Falken Motorsports Director) he has informed me that Justin Pawlak was not involved in the decision to remove Tyler. He said it was solely a team call made by him (a hard one at that). J Brad informed me that we can do a fan question based interview sometime after this event so look out for a post on the website. This will shed some more light on this deal."

-Joey at Wrecked Magazine

Comment

Perez Redmond sets the record straight!

Comment

Joey, this is what we have the most beef with in that report:

"Justin Pawlak blew an engine yesterday at the track and apparently really wanted some seat time at the Thursday night practice. With the help of Team Falken he removed Tyler McQuarrie from the Nissan 350z and ran practice in his car. At one point Justin almost looked like he was going to crash the Nissan 350z which could of sidelined Tyler McQuarrie for the whole weekend."

Right away, the first sentence throws JTP under the bus. This also isn't the first time you've "reported" something without acutally researching it first, if you recall the "Active Aero" accusation at Seattle with Tyler's car. You also continue to attack Falken and JTP with you speculation post "Tyler McQuarrie Was Screwed Out of A Championship Chance – By the Numbers." Then there are the constant squabbles you have against Formula Drift and the back and forth you have had with Ryan Sage in the past, so sorry if you're past kind of makes me less trustworthy of your reporting and call your information "TMZ like." However, if you continue to use our work, as you did in ""Falken Tire S15 Getting Prepped for 2012 with a V8," then your work could be far more accurate.

Now, I do agree with Bebop and am looking at getting a 4G capable wireless modem for my laptop so I can start doing some same day type coverage, but at the same time if you don't have all the facts, don't do a post like that. If you reported that JTP's car was no longer running and that they were using Tyler's car as a backup and have more information later, that probably would have been a better post and not made JTP the villian.

As far as being a shill for Falken, not really. I sell more Nexen tires at work than I do Falkens, and Michelins over the Nexens. I have not done any work with them and they don't pay us to do anything, hell as far as I know, Falken doesn't even advertise with us currently. Nitto, on the other hand, does advertise with us and we welcome anyone else that wants to, contact us at MotoIQ, including Falken Tire, and we will be glad to advertise you.

Yes, we did get access to Falken's hospitality tent, but then again one of our photographers passed out and the Falken tent was the next closest tent to the Media Center. If I were to use your anology about us and Falken with you, I'd have to say you hate Falken Tire, JTP, and Formula Drift. I know you don't, so I won't say that.

So, Joey, there you have it, why we are picking on you about the JTP/Tyler/Falken issue. It's not that we hate you, we just want you to post the most accurate information you can and not just "50%" accurate information.

Originally posted by sweetcarz02 View Post
                I am officially over you guys crying at MotoIQ this week. I get you that you guys are just shills for Falken Tire but WE get it already. Before you take all the words here and twist them around I like all of you guys at MotoIQ and I read the website.

Here is the original post:
                http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/...-for-practice/

The one sentence in the whole post about Justin:
                "With the help of Team Falken he removed Tyler McQuarrie from the Nissan 350z and ran practice in his car."

Even after current knowledge that is 50% accurate.

A- I did reporting and research on the post before it was made. I wasn't even at the track on Thursday night and that is when the post went live. Apparently we didn't make the whole thing up since Tyler wasn't driving his car this weekend.

B- Let me offer you a timeline of my events:

I received a text from another team spotter at 11:33pm that JTP was driving the 350z. I was at a bar in The Palms and quickly got back to my hotel room (much to the dismay of my guests I was hosting). The first post I typed up around 3:00am PST in Las Vegas after waiting for Tyler McQuarrie and nine others to text me back (phone calls after midnight just seemed rude). Some did reply with information (including a member of Falken Tire) with some information about events taken place. I launched a post out at 9:41am releasing the information about the car swap. The original post even says I reached out to Tyler McQuarrie for a comment but he didn't reply to me.

Justin Pawlak called me according to my call log at 1:34pm. I will leave our conversation private but long story short he asked me to speak with J Brad directly so I took down his cell phone and called him once I returned to my hotel room at 2:28pm. J Brad was in route to the track and asked to call me back when he arrived at the track. Instead of going back out to gamble and have fun I waited in my hotel room for a call back. I received once at 3:00pm on the dot and we spoke about the situation from his hands as a team director. I proceeded to make sure it was okay to publicize parts of our conversation and I posted an update at 3:43pm that looked like this:

"UPDATE 3:43pm – After talking to J Brad (Team Falken Motorsports Director) he has informed me that Justin Pawlak was not involved in the decision to remove Tyler. He said it was solely a team call made by him (a hard one at that). J Brad informed me that we can do a fan question based interview sometime after this event so look out for a post on the website. This will shed some more light on this deal."

-Joey at Wrecked Magazine

Comment

How long have you been working as media, Justin?

How long do you think Joey has been working as media?

I think he knows what he's doing. I know you're trying to impress your new employer by posting a site that formerly employed you, but you really shouldn't.

Joey knows what he's doing. He knows he's stirring the pot..... and that's why people visit Wrecked. They want to get the unfiltered story, before the vanilla press release gets sent out to everybody. Lots of people were at the track and saw JTP driving the Z, and it was definitely newsworthy. Maybe his choice of words weren't up to your standards (remind me how long you've been doing this?) but Joey jumped thru a few hoops to try and get the details. When people didn't return his phone calls, he made a post based on the information he had available to him at the time, which he later updated as information became available.

Seriously, Justin. Slow your roll.

Comment

I've been working in Media for about 4 years now. I don't know how long Joey has been doing this and I don't care as that isn't the point. The point is he is posting sensationalism, not news or reports. Sensationalism is tabloid journalism, not professional journalism. Just because Joey may have been doing this for years and years doesn't mean he's been doing it right, you know, kind of like how just because NASCAR has been using carbuerators for years and years doesn't make it right.

Was JTP driving the Z newsworthy, yes it was, but I was also at the track and knew what was going on, asked the guys there, and was able to get the correct information instead of just trying to rely on telephone calls, texts, and emails. I didn't leave the track until 2:30am or so on Thursday.

Even when I can't make a Thursday, I still talk to everyone I can and don't say anything about something until I get all of the information straight first. Common sense dictates that and that shouldn't take years to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                      I've been working in Media for about 4 years now. I don't know how long Joey has been doing this and I don't care as that isn't the point. The point is he is posting sensationalism, not news or reports. Sensationalism is tabloid journalism, not professional journalism. Just because Joey may have been doing this for years and years doesn't mean he's been doing it right, you know, kind of like how just because NASCAR has been using carbuerators for years and years doesn't make it right.

Was JTP driving the Z newsworthy, yes it was, but I was also at the track and knew what was going on, asked the guys there, and was able to get the correct information instead of just trying to rely on telephone calls, texts, and emails. I didn't leave the track until 2:30am or so on Thursday.

Even when I can't make a Thursday, I still talk to everyone I can and don't say anything about something until I get all of the information straight first. Common sense dictates that and that shouldn't take years to learn.
                      What time did you make the post? Oh wait, you didn't. Who else made a post? I re-tweeted the Wrecked tweet the next morning, but the outlet I was working for really doesn't do blog-style posts like Wrecked does. Speedhunters mentioned it in their post at 2pm on Friday. MotoIQ didn't say anything until Monday.

Joey posted the information that was available faster than any other outlet, and something tells me that his traffic reflected it on Friday. Looks like he had 25 comments before Speedhunters picked it up. Even Drifting.com didn't post anything about it, and forums tend to be way more 'tabloid' than a blog is.

As much as everyone trashes "Wrecked" for being a tabloid, the fact is that EVERYONE in this industry reads Wrecked on a weekly if not daily basis, the majority of his stories are true (even this one was MOSTLY true, minus 1 or 2 small items that weren't clear at the time but surmised), and Joey has the support of his advertisers. He's doing something right, and just like your NASCAR analogy, you can either learn to like it, or learn to ignore it.

I'd venture so far as to say that people like Joey and his work a lot better than they like you and your work. so be careful with how you proceed.

Comment

not a good look for MotoIQ.

Comment

Media Pit Wrestling Match!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                            What time did you make the post? Oh wait, you didn't. Who else made a post? I re-tweeted the Wrecked tweet the next morning, but the outlet I was working for really doesn't do blog-style posts like Wrecked does. Speedhunters mentioned it in their post at 2pm on Friday. MotoIQ didn't say anything until Monday.

Joey posted the information that was available faster than any other outlet, and something tells me that his traffic reflected it on Friday. Looks like he had 25 comments before Speedhunters picked it up. Even Drifting.com didn't post anything about it, and forums tend to be way more 'tabloid' than a blog is.
                            But for as fast as he got it out, he had to correct it. To me, I'd rather take a little more time and be right than get it out as fast as I can and come out looking like a fool.

That's my opinion and obviously, you disagree with that. That's fine and if you respect Joey because of that, I don't have an issue with that and I realize that you will never appreciate my work. I don't force anyone to read my stuff, just as Joey doesn't, either. Like I said, I don't hate him and I don't think he's evil, I just think he's wrong.

I'd venture so far as to say that people like Joey and his work a lot better than they like you and your work. so be careful with how you proceed.
                            I'd venture to say you are right, but not for the reason you're thinking. I believe my audience is different than his and will have a totally different way of thinking than his does. I'm probably never going to convince his fans to be fans of mine, just like he will probably never convince my fans to be fans of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                              Media Pit Wrestling Match!!!!!
                              Rather have a Drifting Grudge Match, kind of like Drag Racing, you know?

Comment

Working...
                              X