No announcement yet.

FF3 (OFFICIAL VIDEO TRAILER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so was it tanner or rhys that did the parking garage drift? yes it's sick, but i doubt you'd see that very often. oh yeah, and let's go drift racing guys!

Comment

its a MOVIE, im sure you'll see a lot of stuff that you 'dont see everyday'. its cooh....just watch and have fun, then come back to reality when its over

no mo street Driftin

Tanner was rollin the 350 in the garage. Rhys was in the S15. they may have switched at times, but it was like that while I was over on set2 workin.

And they kept my Falken logos on the car!! he he he!!

Comment

Hey so how many hicks have jumped onto freeways, or drifted round abouts in major traffic since Dukes of Hazard came out?

Oh and Andrew Racing wheels were never comparable to HRE's. You see a set of HRE almost everyday...
        Last edited by swifty949; 03-17-2006, 01:12 AM.

Comment

who wants to join me with a picket sign out side of a movie theater when it comes out?? i will make plate frames say FF3 tokoyo drift sucks

Comment

Originally posted by GranMastrDrift
            who wants to join me with a picket sign out side of a movie theater when it comes out?? i will make plate frames say FF3 tokoyo drift sucks
            ya cuz picket sign demonstrations and plate frames are real effective. get out more.

all you need to think of a bright side, know everyone in Israel will actually know what drifting is (to some extent).

Comment

The good news:
              My 240SX will soon be worth double what I paid for it.

The bad news:
              Every TV news station in the country will swoop down on racing/drifting spots looking for (an all too willing) dillhole to showoff his mad racing/drifting skillz.

To spin a phrase used in the movie "Vacation," ...you think you hate it now...wait till you watch it.

Looks like the movie is rife with bad CG effects, a silly story line and stereoptypical character portrayals. Somehow, I still hope that it will create corporate interest in the sport and provide an infusion of fresh investment into events' and driver's programs.

Comment

Lots of CGI like FF2?

I still had fun

Comment

is there a direct link to the trailer somewhere so I can download it instead of streaming it?

Comment

Last year I said that as long as the drifting is real instead of that fake looking CG they used in the last movie, that is would be tolerable. Why oh why did they need to use CG.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                      Last year I said that as long as the drifting is real instead of that fake looking CG they used in the last movie, that is would be tolerable. Why oh why did they need to use CG.
                      To answer your question:
                      When the Director feels that the shots they took do not look "fast enough," there are only a few options.

IIRC, one option is to drop frames. The human eye sees at 24 frames per second. By filming at 20 frames per second, the action can look faster, but if there is any movement in the foreground or background, it'll look "sped up artifically."

The other alternative is CG shots. This allows the Director to frame the subject matter as he wishes and makes the action look more intense. Problem is, almost anyone can see that it's fake if it's executed poorly.

Movies like Jurassic Park did it well.

Movies like Pearl Harbor did not.

Movies like 2F2F really botched it. Be thankful I talked them out of a scene in 2F2F where Tyrese was to drive upside down in a tunnel (like in Men In Black) in his Eclipse. They actually debated it for a period and the people in my department counseled strongly against it because it would have been CG and beyond fake.

Doing CG well costs tons of money and often budgets are prohibitive which, I suspect, was the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman

Movies like 2F2F really botched it. Be thankful I talked them out of a scene in 2F2F where Tyrese was to drive upside down in a tunnel (like in Men In Black) in his Eclipse. They actually debated it for a period and the people in my department counseled strongly against it because it would have been CG and beyond fake.
                        SWEET Anola G A Y!!! are you serious?!?!?

PLEASE tell me that the idiot who came up with that idea didn't work on this movie too!

Comment

To be honest, from the trailer it looks better than I expected. I just hope that they didn't just show us all the drifting in the whole movie in that one trailer, and the rest of the movie is just shittalking, and gunfire.

plus we need new lines\/\/\/. I'm sick of livin' my life a quartermile at a time.
                          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 03-17-2006, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                            To be honest, from the trailer it looks better than I expected. I just hope that they didn't just show us all the drifting in the whole movie in that one trailer, and the rest of the movie is just shittalking, and gunfire.
                            The 20 min or so that I've seen is bitchen! I can't wait to see all of that drifting on a huge screen...

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                            I WOULD pay to see a Veilside Fortune Rx7 get smashed up and Tanner sliding a 350z up the parking garage again.
                            ummm... what kind of numbers are we talking here? jk...

tanner

Comment

Hey Tanner

Where did they get the idea to drift up the ramp anyway?

Was it because of what Taka did during the roll-in?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                                Hey Tanner

Where did they get the idea to drift up the ramp anyway?

Was it because of what Taka did during the roll-in?
                                it looks like somthing off of NFSU

Comment

Working...
                                X