No announcement yet.

FF3 (OFFICIAL VIDEO TRAILER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I with you on the guy from Street Fury, espically when he was at TAS, bein all "gangsta" in front of the head honchos of the tuning business o.o;

Comment

Originally posted by AaronConklin
      NOOOO I DONT HAVE MY LISCENSE YET, by the time I get out there im going to probabally be looked upon as a pouser T_T why me! I guess since i've been studying suspension setting and all that goodness I should have no problem beating those pousers at events MWUHAHAAH *sigh*
      you might have a problem with those "poseurs" if you dont have any hands-on experience drifting. sure you can impress people with your knowledge about suspension, but it's not the same when it comes to your driving. it's like reading a book on playing the guitar...you can read through it all you want, recognize all the finger placements on hundreds of chords and read music, but can you play it without any practice and experience?

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
        Plus, Craig, rappers are fine in some movies, where they may portray a role they relate to, but when you throw them into car movies, when they OBVIOUSLY know absolutely nothing about cars, or the car sport, it is just STUPID.
        I don't disagree at all.

Here's a question:
        Paul Walker is a surfer and a gun freak. At the outset of the first movie and through the second movie, he knew NOTHING about cars. In fact, he is hardly an accomplished driver (but is a good surfer and great with guns).

We all know he knew nothing about cars as evidenced by the dialog he used in the movie(s). Despite the corrections we advisors made to the script, Paul did not even know about the "Motec System Exhaust" thing.

I'm curious as to why I've never read a post that says "get non-car guys out of car movies" ?

In part 2, not only was he trying to be a car guy, he was trying to be black (as evidenced by the "bro" and "cuz" references). I didn't hear much uproar about that.

Utlimately, we can critique these things all day long...the studio has but one barometer: the global box office gross.

So, if the madness needs to stop, we need to stop filling the theaters for the Fast & Furious sequels.

Comment

I agree with you guys, I stopped watching Street Fury when Big C started doin it. He is a freakin *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored*. How many times can u hear This is Big C and we doin things big..........

Comment

Its just a movie, yet some of you act like it's gonna determine the whole future of the sport. Theres fakes and fonies in every scene, who cares as long as your true it doesnt matter what everyone else is doing. We all do it for the love of the sport. This stuff doesnt bother me, i am personally gonna go see this movie when it comes out. I like that the import scene is getting recognized, it brings in a new crowd. Not that i totally agree on the way they portray it, only because it effects those weak minded people. But it will bring on more support and hopefully racing programs to keep it safe and off the streets. Cops aernt always looking to bust people just because your a drifter or racer, in some areas they issue you a race voucher for street racing. It's not a ticket but like a warning and they tell you to take it to the track.

When someone is new to something, often they get the wrong image or message. Like people that see graffiti, they dont see it as art but vandalization only because they dont understand it. All we can do is help those people understand it and guide them so they dont go the wrong route.
            So if someone that wants to get into drifting isnt knowledgable about it, teach them the right things to help them out instead of shooting them down. After all, that is why we are on these boards, to help others out.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
              I don't disagree at all.

Here's a question:
              Paul Walker is a surfer and a gun freak. At the outset of the first movie and through the second movie, he knew NOTHING about cars. In fact, he is hardly an accomplished driver (but is a good surfer and great with guns).

We all know he knew nothing about cars as evidenced by the dialog he used in the movie(s). Despite the corrections we advisors made to the script, Paul did not even know about the "Motec System Exhaust" thing.

I'm curious as to why I've never read a post that says "get non-car guys out of car movies" ?

In part 2, not only was he trying to be a car guy, he was trying to be black (as evidenced by the "bro" and "cuz" references). I didn't hear much uproar about that.

Utlimately, we can critique these things all day long...the studio has but one barometer: the global box office gross.

So, if the madness needs to stop, we need to stop filling the theaters for the Fast & Furious sequels.
              Yea but he's not a rapper that is placed in the film merely to lure more people in. He did act like a dumba$$ in part 2 tho.

Comment

Personally, i think this movie will be GREAT.

We(a group of friends/car club/team?) used to run a website/forum for street racing a few years back. Strictly 1/4 mile stuff. Well we had the typical hot rod guys every friday/saturday like usual(90% of us had domestics). Then the fast and the furious came out. All of a sudden our website is getting CRAZY amounts of hits, and what used to be a 50 car turnout turned to 600. Not that i'm saying it was nessicerrily a good thing, but man was it fun. Alot of people who wouldn't have been into cars/racing really got into it because of that movie, and not just in a bad way.

The movie looks pretty cool IMHO. I liked the first 2 fast and furious movies, and i'm a "REAL" car guy.

Maybe its just because i'm young (21) or because i'm a testosterone filled male... but i've always enjoyed street racing, and i think i always will. I love to go out street "drifting" as well. Not in traffic or anything stupid like that... But industrial areas and backroads and stuff. Right now, I don't think there are ENOUGH people out drifting, coming to meets etc etc.

like even the NCDA events could use a better turnout. I really do think this movie will help the sport evolve as a whole, even if it does give the "guys/girls who were into it first" a bad rep.

Comment

TireFrier, I totally agree......

Comment

Best idea yet.

Also,tokyodrifterx07, how will bringing a bad scene into our movies help? I mean, the cast looks and acts like thugs, which is just stupid seeing that most of us are anti anything gangster.

And tirefrier, thats cool and all that you got all these hits and stuff after the originals came out, but that's exactly what the majority of us don't want. Drifting is already grown really big, we don't need overkill.

Anyway, maybe if the movie was more real, with better actors, it would be more appealing to the real car scene guys, rather than ricebaggers and posers which will now seap like poison onto our scene. No matter how much you say you like how the scene is going to be now, you will see its negativity when it drops in theaters. Most drifters are cheap now, just wait until decent susp cost you 3k, or an SR puts you back 4. It will not be good.

Comment

it's just a movie...it's not that big of a deal...honestly

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                        DRIFTER-M...dude just stop. b!tching about it isnt going to prevent the movie from being released.
                        pls. Let the guy speak the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                          Most drifters are cheap now, just wait until decent susp cost you 3k, or an SR puts you back 4. It will not be good.
                          IMO, suspension and prices of other parts should not go up, they should go down, due to higher demand for them. The manufacturers are able to make more products, and more companies will compete in the "drifting" market, creating an increased supply as well. However, for things that are limited, such as SRs, their prices will increase substantially, and I think it won't be long before most people wanting to go turbo go ka-t instead of SR due to limited SR availability

Comment

People need to quit getting worked up. Prices for aftermarket stuff, especially suspension components, will either stay the same or go down. The Japanese stuff will probably not change a whole lot but there are already some cheap alternatives hitting the market (Megan, etc.)

SR engine sets aren't going up in price because supply is low, it's because demand has gone up. More and more people are willing to pay a high price for these engines because everyone thinks they're the sh!t and the shops are only more than happy to indulge. If the prices actually DO go up more somebody will step in and offer the engines at a lower price, effectively forcing everyone else to do the same.

As to the ricers and "thugs" appearing at drift events. They won't last long. They'll get tired of wrecking their aero and rims and get tired of sucking and being unable to bust phat drifts like in the movies. And I can tell you that anybody who shows up talking gangsta at any of the local events here is gonna get the cold shoulder. In the mean time it's just gonna mean higher attendance at events which will lead to more track time, which is all that really matters. When all the fuss dies down all the posers will have gone home and all the true enthusiasts that may not have been exposed to drifting otherwise will have expanded our little culture.

For now we'll just have to deal with a little bad publicity when a couple of idiots kill themselves but that's really nothing new. They do that on a regular basis anyway. Just have fun showing up all the posers that come to your local events.

B-Wurm

Comment

OMFG so many phuckin kids are gonna die! I can see it on the news now "After the first few showings of FF3, 72 people have been killed from driving off mountain roads and slamming into poles inside of parking garages. This is because the cars are lighter and their tires are slick. In drifting if you arent out of control, you'er not in control."

Damn you Rhys Millen...damn you.....

Was that Calvin Wan's FD?

Comment

B-worm good post i think that is the best i have read on here.

I agree, there will be lots of accidents. let them crash an die lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X