ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will it mean if Daigo wins the Championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lifer View Post
    @ Cavi Mike
    most epic year in FD history, but for someone from another pro championship series with an amazing monster of a drift car, come in claiming to be a rookie and win the championship? Maybe I'm over analyzing it, and like
    Just to put it out there. Daigos car is probably on the lower end as far as cost to build. If you look at all his cars they are all similar in build. My guess is skill, and comfort level. Despite driving 3 different cars in 3 different countries, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a certain equation/calculation to his set up which allows him to drive all 3 cars very similarly. With that said i bet there are some formula D cars that cost more than all 3 of daigo's builds put together.

I think what should come from all this, if daigo does win, is give pro am drivers/ low budget pro's something to aim for. if you break it down the only "rare" part to daigo's build would be the transmission.
    Last edited by vvtisupra; 06-01-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I wonder how his Achilles Tires stack up to the Falken,Hankook, and Yokohama.

Comment

yah. Too bad they don't have bigger tires for daigo to run.

Comment

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Speedhunters just made a poll so we can all vote about it!

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/06/...rookie-or-not/

I swear I have seen this poll somewhere before...

Comment

DAIGO SAITO Wins

Comment

Best drifter in the world.

Comment

I like the idea of giving a different title to transplant drivers from other major foreign series, even having an award for the best one would be cool......but until they do that they are rookies. Either way I hope to see more foreign drivers in FD, cause that is what will make FD the best series in the world.

oh yeah let's not forget Daigo still isn't leading the championship.....not saying he wont win the championship, but on paper he's not the best driver in FD right now, so let's not jump to conclusions

Comment

Daigo is getting his bearings...Everyone remember...This man has never driven on any of these courses and he has very little seat time in his car. Of course no one else on the grid has driven on the course set up this year at PBIR but all the top dogs have been in their respective chassis for quite some time.

Plain and simple....This man is on fire. Oh yea! Don't forget...He is in a different country mind you....Like to see how the other driver's in FD would fair stepping in to D1 on their courses in Japan not knowing the culture or the language.....Ebisu....Fuji....Autopolis....Probabl y eaten alive!!

Comment

Just a reminder of who we are dealing with............

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QeU0BhaBbu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Makes PBIR look like it's in slow motion....FD needs LONG high speed courses!!!
                    Last edited by stedriftward; 06-03-2012, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I think his biggest test will be Wall NJ.... there is no type of preperation for a track like that other then the track it self.

Evergreen is a oval but its super long, if he just looks at it like a banked turn and that's it he'll be ok. Plenty of other D1 guys have done good there.

Vegas will be a piece of cake alot like Florida.

He drove Irwindale in 07 or 06 before he won the D1 championship and did alright. Hes a much better driver today.

My biggest surprise from Daigo is how reliable that car is... no BS I was almost certain that thing was going to be towed away multiple times by now.
                      Last edited by Bebop; 06-03-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Same here on the realiabilty.....I'm just curious about what the japanese know that us American's don't about how to keep a Japanese 4 or 6 together and make huge power while smashin the ever living H E L L out it in the hot weather???

Comment

Off the shelf Brian crower stroker kit, Garret turbo GTX series, DG5 and Ikeya formula parts, 265 Achilles S123 while the car is approved for 275 class and one mechanic in his pit.

2JZs have been in America 20 years? Everyone knows how to build reliable superpower out of that block for well under $15k. American teams are lazy and would rather spend $20k to as much as $80k developing torquey V8s to make drifting easier.

VQ35s can be had for cheap these days and turbo kits are a plenty. Hell lets not forget a turbo VQ won two FD championships yet all of these guys are stuffing Chevy v8s in to s-chassis.

Americans need to admit that this method is not the best and need to adapt to the Japanese style. JTP is the best American driver and he wins because his car is super fast on lead. When he chases he rarely puts the amount of pressure that we saw from Daigo and when he does he looses twice in one night.
                          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 06-03-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

news flash..... Conrad beat Daigo.

Comment

it seems as if were trying to stop a japanese invasion... i dont get what the big deal is. Daigo is a drifter, a damn good one too. it would just mean the better man won this year, nothing more. on the other hand, i love how his driving is causing crowds to go insane aswell as the judges. This is what a action sport should be, hopefully this evolves the approach that all the US teams have adapted in the last few years. Drifting is supposed to be extremely exciting and the edge of your seat exciting.... the past 2 years have just been kinda boring. now its like a soap opera, and i dont even answer my phone while the event is live. i cant get enough of the drama and excitement daigo has tossed in the mix and how judges, crowd and critics are reacting to his skill level and strategies.

This is Action sports at its best right now.

Comment

Originally posted by boxmod View Post
                                news flash..... Conrad beat Daigo.

I hope you never judge a drift event.

Comment

Working...
                                X