ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will it mean if Daigo wins the Championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah let's hope the judges don't pull that BS again. Seeing JTP chase in that clip just makes me appreciate Daigo Saito that much more. His style might just put an end to the Formula D style of getting real close for a photo op then backing off 2 car lengths, then repeating at the next turn.

Comment

well lets be fair... if you look at older D1GP stuff they were not close in tandem.. but quickly got there. This is the first season of FD that I have followed and I can already see the gaps closing across the board. What its coming down to is mearly power now in order to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameHit View Post
        well lets be fair... if you look at older D1GP stuff they were not close in tandem.. but quickly got there. This is the first season of FD that I have followed and I can already see the gaps closing across the board. What its coming down to is mearly power now in order to keep up.
        This is year 9 for Formula D.

Comment

No doubt, not taking anything away from any of the FD drivers they are good indeed.. but I think it's comfort. Now with Daigo stirring things up with his crazy tandem attack (not that he is the first Japanese).. others will push harder and closer. I have not read the FD rule book but I heard no contact is allowed correct? If this is so I can see why no one wants to get close risking a DQ.

shat 9 years???? time flies when you sideways.

Comment

If you want close twin battles, then you need rules that give the chasing driver the confidence to get in close, sadly this in my opinion has been lacking in FD for as long as I’ve been watching it.
            As the chasing driver you need to be able to anticipate what the lead driver is about to do, how can you anticipate the lead car slowing in a full throttle part of the track? or the lead car running an unorthodox line? or weaving down the straight before initiating?
            I think the lead car has to run the qualifying line! and so has the chasing driver, but put rules in place that penalise the lead driver from doing anything at the initiation point that inhibits the chase driver from initiating with him.
            Penalise the lead driver when he initiates with big angle and stays off throttle for a couple of seconds allowing the car to suddenly slow before coming back on throttle, that’s what Diago did to Justin, you're never going to get door to door battles if tactics like that are allowed. Stamp out the tactics and you will get more door to door battles.
            How many battles has DMac lost making contact with the lead car while chasing? How easy it is for any lead driver to slow slightly knowing DMac will be only inches away? "just rub me and I win"!
            Allow cars to make contact, but dock them points if they do. Take the fear of loosing if they are too close away for the chasing driver, by protecting them with rules that penalise lead drivers for using tactics.
            Last edited by Eurodriftr; 06-10-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X