Sonoma questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonoma questions

Ok first off I have to hand it to the judges...this year was by far the best judging that I have seen at Infineion. It may be the new judging area...better view.
    Anyway I have a quick question... There had been mention that there were going to be point deductions for using the e-brake into the first corner.
    How would it be possable to get the cars slowed down from 90mph plus without using the e-brake?
    I do remember one driver making mention of his dislike of the Infineon track, because of this very reason.
    Also where was the radar gun? Some runs that looked pretty fast were clocked pretty low and visa versa.

Don't get me wrong I felt it was a great event, and run very well. I will be back next year.

In the drivers meeting, it was mentioned that they didn't want to see long drags of the e-brake. The idea was to yank the brake to get the car sideways, but don't stay on it. You could see who was staying on the brake by how long their tires were locked up.

Radar gun was shot from the area immediately in front of the FD rig (where the drivers meetings were at) pointing up towards the start line. Most were getting clocked right where the cars enter the track....

Comment

Thanks for the clarification....you are right I saw alot of guys staying on the e-brake. I would like to see more guys go back to lighter color wheels. The dark wheels make it tougher to see who is holding that e-brake...lol. I guess that is what coined the term "cheater wheels".
      Like always the event was great, and the drivers and team members were very personable.
      See ya next month.

Comment

Working...
      X