RX-7 or RX-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX-7 or RX-8

Ok I've finally made the decision to go with the Mazda Rx Models for my first drift car project. I have NO drift experience and AVERAGE mechanical skills. The issue at hand is whether to choose the RX-7 or RX-8 Model. I have done a bit of research mostly through forums like these, and heard that the RX-7, Engine wise is a better choice, but that the RX-8 is better handling wise and can even surpass the RX-7 when tuned right. Basically I'm looking for which or the two is best for me to learn on(STOCK), and as my experience grows and i get better and invest more money in to the car, will offer the best competitive edge. So there it is, knowing my needs and experience RX-7 or RX-8.

*Please give your reasons for the choice*

**PLEASE NO GENERATIONS ON EITHER MODEL,ONCE I FIND OUT THE MODEL**
    ** I WANT I'M GOING TO POST ONE ON THE GENERATION I SHOULD PICK**
    RX-7 (all Gens.)
    75.00%
    RX-8 (all Gens.)
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Let me just start off by saying that as you learn to drift- you're going to hurt your car in some way. It just happens as you push your skills further. With that said- I highly recommend using an older car. I mean, why spend all that money on a new Rx-8, just to mess it up (even if you're just scrapping the underside).

Secondly, the Rx-7 is not the car I would suggest learning how to wrench on. The rotary engine isn't very complicated, but there are several tricks to getting the engine built right. This would be an argument for the new Renesis engine, which supposedly fixed a few power making issues the older 13b had.

Finally, either car can be built to be competitive. I think all the Rx-7 models are several hundreds LBS lighter. In my experience, it's easier to control (inc. drift) a lighter car.

So, I think you understand my vote- Rx-7 all the way!

Comment

Hey socal sorry for the long response Ive been hella busy but yea i agree with what u said and Ive made the decision to get a 89-91 RX-7 Series 5 FC3S Turbo. now just the task of actually finding one! lol thanks again for your reply.

Comment

Working...
      X