late apex fade vs. e-brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late apex fade vs. e-brake

My entrance and apex are improving a lot. but I'm still fading backwards 3/4 of the way thru the apex towards the rear g-rail/wall. I've thought a lot about the e-brake, maby it will keep me from fading backwards and keep the corner tighter. but I've never used the e-brake, never learned how. Just a thought. My muffler/bumper isn't gonna last much longer and I'd love to get a wing/aero kit ONE day. if I get a wing or kit now I'll just end up trashing it. thanks in advance for any tips suggestions.

thers a few things you can do....

enter the corner from the outside and slide inwards by using throttle.

ebraking is a GREAT thing. the only people who bash it are the fan boys that dont know *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. but it will and can save you when in tight situations. if your sliding through the corner and you cant adjust your angle and line with your throttle then use the ebrake for a quick second.

Comment

thank you

first off I have to say thank you. I will put this advise to use very soon. also its very refreshing to get constructive tips. I've only been using fourms for a short while and most of that time has been very negative. your advise is clear understandable and sounds like it will work. your a credit to the sport. thx again.

Comment

i understand where you come from..

alot of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out there.

and another thing is watch videos..

i know it sounds lame but on a professional level a in car cam can make you see and understand alot of things....

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post

i know it sounds lame but on a professional level a in car cam can make you see and understand alot of things....
          that might not be the best idea..

most of those professional videos won't be in the same context of where a beginner is going to be driving, an ebrake acts totally different in different speed situations and in different car setups..

what you should do is find the guys who look like they're doin the best wherever you drive and watch what they do.. and remember you shouldn't worry about the apex so much as where the clipping point(s) are--aim for those.

Comment

mr frost speaks truth..
            he also has an instruction video

Comment

only for donuts i'll get to ebrake later

Comment

thx

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
                i understand where you come from..

alot of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out there.

that thought cross my mind a long time ago but i forgot about till u said something. i was gonn do it as a goof, but it might help. thx again

Comment

Originally posted by phalerider View Post
                  that thought cross my mind a long time ago but i forgot about till u said something. i was gonn do it as a goof, but it might help. thx again

just dont be a dumba$$ and try to copy it..

;p

just watch the hand movements and focus on the style that they have..

Comment

get the best motoring Drift Bible dvd. amazing.

Comment

Also try just letting off the throttle or even giving the brakes a light tap. Play with turn-in (less countersteer) during this time too. Along with e-brake, you should be able to get the car to rotate and tighten the line as you want.

You might also want to look at your current suspension setup and see what areas might help you get the car to behave exactly as you want. It's more fun if you don't have to fight the car to get it to do what you want.

Comment

Drift bible is good if you want to learn how to do an e-brake drift. it's explained really well.
                        I don't use the ebrake much either, but it does come in handy when the car just doesn't want to go where you'd like.
                        And for me that has a lot to do with the stock suspension i have on my miata. sometimes it just rolls and i lose out because the car can't take it. so i use a quick jerk of the ebrake and some throttle to get the rear tires a little farther around.
                        But yeah. it takes practice like everything else in drifting. I would try think of all the different situations you have been in and where the e-brake could've helped. and practice it over and over in your mind, and when you finally get to a track, work on applying what you have thought up. work at crossing out the wrong ideas you've come up with, and you'll get closer to doing it right each time.
                        Also thinking about it this much will keep it constant in your mind, and once you've figured out the right way to use it, when the situation comes around, that'll be right on top and you won't have to be sitting in your seat thinking. "oh, crap! what do i do now?!"

You may find it crazy of me, but I was studying drifting for about 3 years before I ever got into a car. This includes watching lots of initial d. playing lots of gran turismo, and watching real drift vids and instructional vids whenever possible. Laugh all you want, but my constant study, and practice in my fold out chair paid off. I had many people at the local drifting events tell me that after my 2nd event i was doing amazing for someone who had never owned a rwd car before in my life, and that i was doing some really good drifts and holding them.

So remember: Never overrate your study time. Keep what you see in your mind at all times. That especially includes what you see the other drifters out there doing! That has been one of the biggest helps for me. Keep drifting on your mind and it'll get to the pavement when you need it.

Comment

Take a look at Tiff Needell's Burning rubber. His version of drift bible and pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                          X