No announcement yet.

Pics from my trip to Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sideways86, nice pics... and I envy your very worthwhile trip to Japan!!! What a neat experience! Damn, last time I was there (Jan. 2004), the only thing I did that was close to anything car or drift-related was attending Tokyo Auto Salon 2004. And the only time I was on the "touge" was when I was on a bus to Hakone for the "onsen" with a few sightings of a stock S15 here 'n there and one modified AE86 parked at some tourist spot in Hakone. I wanted to go out and check out the "hashiriya" meets, but I had no one to go with or take me since none of my Japanese friends cared for these kinds of things. Wah....wah.........waaaaaaaaaaaaah.... for me.

Comment

The yakuza I saw were basically street thugs, they had shaved heads and dressed in baggy cloths and stuff. I didnt see the bosses in suits and whatnot. They rolled in benzs and some celsiors and in some oldschool american cars. Some of them were carrying sticks. And yes they hate foreigners, especially americans. They came right up to us and told us to leave or else. They weren't there to jack parts, just to act tuff and push people around. There were cops there but they just stood around and let the yakuza have their way.

Any advice to me for when I go?
      What do you want to know? Heres some advice, go into any mini mart and get the tuna sushi for 100 yen, they're so addicting!

OBAKASAN, I know what you mean. My first time in Japan I was only there a few days and didnt do much. This time I was there for a good two weeks and my cousin and his friends took me around and knew all the spots. If you know people that live there and that are car enthusiasts it really makes things easier.
      Last edited by Sideways86; 09-15-2004, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChokudoriS13
        Jesus people, you'd think in 4 pages of posts, someone would have a clue. Its a Mazda Cosmo (probably a 1975), sold as the RX-5 in the US. GET WITH IT, PEOPLE!
        i already answered that before! but no body wants to listen to me!

Comment

Originally posted by One Drift

Is the car on the right an old Skyline? What kind of car is that?
          the one on the left its a soarer,and the one on the right its a cosmo AP...a 1977´model
          Last edited by twcfc3s; 09-16-2004, 06:07 PM.

Comment

if you see 5 BLACK S500's or other benzs in a row driving down the street, you better keep your distance

Chances are some important boss is in one of the cars

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways86

What do you want to know? Heres some advice, go into any mini mart and get the tuna sushi for 100 yen, they're so addicting!

No doubt! tuna sushi kicks!~ its almost to good! haha

Comment

ok you what i dont get is if the yakuza like traditional stuff and hate americans. why do they drive american cars expecially classic ones??

Comment

who knows

They're the mob, are you really gonna argue with them on that one? haha

Comment

the one on the left its a chaser,and the one on the right its a cosmo AP...a 1977´model
                    Are ya sure its a chaser? I'm pretty sure it was a soarer, it has the soarer script on the front and I think it had the grifith(sp?) emblems on it, but I could be mistaken.

I think it was the lower lever yaks and street thugs that drove the american cars, they were dressed like american looking gangster too...lots of countries hate us, but they still listen to our music and watch our movies! haha

For anyone going to these spots, if you see yakuza or if anyone gives you a hard time just leave and dont try to start anything. You never know what kinda weapon they're carrying. For the most part they wont try anything unless you really provoke them, especially american military. If they even touch someone in the military they can call the base mp's and they'll go there and use force if they have to. We almost had to do that, but we just left before anything happened.

Comment

Yup its a soarer

Gotta love the oldschool JDM rides!

Comment

ohh my god im such a yerk!!! i knew it was a soarer i even have one option magazine with a special of a soarer like that!!! i just dont know why i wrote chaser there!!! sorry guys my back....

Comment

Yup its a soarer

how'd yu zoom in like that? hacks?

Comment

Yeah how did you do that. When i do that, it is a fuzzy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up mess.

Comment

Yup its a soarer

Yep, Soarer Z10 ('81-'86)... I'm more partial to the Z20 myself.

I never saw Yakuza driving American lowriders... Most were in S-classes, Toyota Celsiors and Nissan Presidents. A couple were in Cadillac STS's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper
                                how'd yu zoom in like that? hacks?
                                It's called "paint" my friend...

Comment

Working...
                                X