FF Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drift For Food
    I too feel it's a bad idea to "try things" with other people's cars. I'd hate to wreck any of my family's or friends' cars. Even if it was some $500 pos, I still would feel bad. Unless you have full concent to use it and use it in that purpose, you have no right to do such things with other people's cars. Even with concent and knowing your intentions, you damn well better treat it like your own, maybe even more so. It's called respect, consideration, trust.

How are you driving at 15? Without your parents in the car with you? And drifting? Bad, bad, bad idea...

Hey Thai Juku, a bit off topic but what South Park episode was your signature from?
    I don't know, it was an episode I saw yesterday (Aug 5) at a friend's house. I don't have cable. It was the episode when the parents were worried about there kids being abducted and some Chinese guy built a wall around South Park and the Mongolians wrecked it down...

Comment

actually the correct line is "Damn you, Mongolians! You break down my city wall for last time!" If anybody wants the episode i hav it on my comp so pm me and ill send it to u over msn

"How come every time us chinese put up a wall, stupid mongolians have to come and knock it down?"

Comment

Ok I'll change it...

Comment

yeah, i 've had 3 FF cars...and most of the "learning" i do is in the winter...in nice BIG parking lots VERY late at night... You throw some crap tires on the rear on snow's on the front, it gives you a good platform for learning i think.

I haven't had a chance to get my latest car out in the snow to play yet, but i have no problem breaking it loose in slick conditions with the torque i'm making. Just gotta wait for the new suspension to get enough balls to give her a whirl in the dry...

Comment

If my car is running well enough for DDay 3, I'll try and get some pics or video - No front sway bar makes for a very sketchy street ride, but an fun track ride...

Comment

Re: FF Drifting

Originally posted by Vinsanity
              I was just wondering if there was anyone out there with enough "courage" to admit drifting a FWD car.

are there any "techniques" or tips anyone would like to share about FF drifting?

I do know that the key is having much more grip in the front tires than in the rears, as well as making sure your e-brake cables are in good shape. I also know that counter-steering should be kept to a minimum to avoid ruining the drift.

in specific, I was wondering if there were any ways to keep a FWD car's momentum while sliding around a corner, seeing that powersliding isn't really an option for us and pulling on the e-brake to maintain the drift angle slows the car down alot. I've tried playing with the throttle and e-brake simultaneously a couple of times, but the front wheels seem to wanna grip a lil too easily.

anyone care to comment?
              thanks
              About what you've just said about the front tire wanting to grip ... Its easy the front tires will always try to grip it the trick is to use alot of e-brake while drifting and using the e-brake halfway you will have to counter alot so there it is.

Comment

Drift on dirt or in the wet otherwise i dont really think its worth it in a ff. Drifting ff on dirt is fun tho. You just need enough inertia on the back to slide it out then just accellerate out of the turn. I cant hold a drift, only slide around then accellerate out once your faceing the exit.

Comment

ff drift

ff drifting is tech. it takes much control of handbrake( E brake to you guys), throttle and steering. and to "drift for food" no u dont really need a done up car. i drift my 85 corolla seca (australian) and all its got is 2 1/4 stright through exhaust. nothing else. but it does help to have wet roads. could have more power from thrashing though. haha nah. but yeah to start head towards the corner at a decent speed. noty too fast otherwise youll spin as soon as you use the handbrake. so yeah as you get to the start of the corner turn your wheels about half way and push in the button in the end of it and keep it in. this allows for quick on and off use of the handbrake. once the back end starts to slide out use your free hand to palm counter steer the direction of the slide. not to much other wise the car will come back stright to fast. put your foot into it and keep applying the handbrake on and off. it will start to go back into over sliding again so just keep adjusting your counter steer and using the handbrake and throttle to keep going. the more throttle you use the more speed you will keep through the corner. so its really a mix. the more throttle you use the more you will have to use the handbrake because when the throttle is applied it wants to drag the car back straight. counteract it with handbrake. hope that can be of heklp to anyone. after a few years of this however you tend to want something more from drifting. i am in the process of getting a loan for a 81 levin rwd. i hate my fwd and will never go back to it. many crashes have been done and they aint fun when your only income is a pizza delivery boy. catcha

Comment

Cooter, what you wrote was g.a.y...

Comment

obviously u aint s#@t and dont know about the ff driftathon Thai Juku

Comment

Obviously you can't write a sentence...

Comment

obviously u care about sentences more than cars *Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

No I don't...

Comment

sure u dont. why did u start on me anyway man. i was just writing a post to reply about how to drift a ff and u just started crap. obviously ur weak and just use the net to watch initial-d.

Comment

FFs dont drift, they @$$-drag. The lines, speeds, angles, and transitions are odd, not nearly as "smooth".

Its fun and all, just not the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X