No announcement yet.

Initial D Epidemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats the category my scirocco would run in. I have yet to see an SCCA or NHRA sanctioned event that i can qualify for, too many illegal parts and unregistered safety equipment even though my race car is very safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Street slider
      Initial D to me is more of a view of the absolute perfect, ture drifting that in theory could be done on the most extreme mountain passes. So this just sikes me up to get my @ss out there and push me self harder to be all that much better.
      You are g.a.y for bringing back old threads...

Comment

I was never really big about anime. I was into cars even b4 f&f thing but than when i heard about drifting i was kind of interested. I never was really into drifting, i just wanted to concentrate on looking like a sleeper rather than a ricer. I remeber i got very interested when i went to englishtown to see drag racing, but across the strip, i saw some 240's and ae's drifting. I remeber i sat on the top all the way to the end just to see some drifitng. After i saw how those guys were taking corners and doing this new radical thing i decided that drifting was for me . After about 5 months of absorbing and learning what i could about this sport, i saw my 1st intial d episode. I was kind of amazed that a sport that to me and maybe other americans was new, already had such a huge following in japan, that they decided to make an anime series dedicated to it!! All i know is that initial d is an ok show but anything with drifting to me is ok, unless its some drifting/ricer fest thing.

Comment

well, I started drifting because of rallying... I'd watch stuff on tv, and I started sliding around in the snow. Started off with the handbrake, and then the pendulum effect, or "feint". Then I started working on the proper scandinavian flick........... then I heard about drifting. I downloaded a video of some AE86's in Japan, and thought it was cool. It wasn't until a while ago that I started drifting on anything but snow.

as for Initial D, I have never seen it, and have no interest in it. It was rallying that started me off into drifting, and just happened across drifting videos on the net by chance.

Comment

i gusse i agree with the 13yr old kids post like they know every thing im 14 but i have cars in my blood.my dad tuned cars for ever and i got his taste naturaly.but after awhile i started to like the japanese improts ps.im japanese. and i was instantly hooked.even more so with drifting.and i only recently found out about initial D in a super street mag about mabey a year ago when they started talking about the videos coming out in the us.then i down load every episode on kazaa lol. i think i know a reasonable amount to say i know wut the fuk im talking about

Comment

absolutly phuking not.
              I would compair myself to Takumi but since i hate the show and would ratherr burn all that is I.D. and poke my eyes out if NE ones made me watch it then i can't really compair myself to Takumi now can i?
              What i mean is that i drove\drive the way i feel compfortable and to push my car to the limits. (but also in a safe manner)
              I started doing all sorts of ScheiBe (look up sheibe in a German dictionary if you are confused) with my car and no one ever told me or showed me how do to any of it. I am self tought self trained.
              Only a few months back (more like a year i guess) did i or have even heard about the I.D. series and to what i know from my own experiance to what the I.D. has to offer is utterly B.S. (if you don't know what B.S. then you live a sheltered life).
              I don't understand how anyone can like that show let alone try or want to copy it.
              They say Rice burners are the best cars to drift with, that may be true it may not be but all i know is the only thing that counts is the person behind the wheel of that car. The driver, the soul provider who brings the life form that is Drift, how does he\she fare up the their own expectations of what their machine can and can't do?
              Everyone want to be somebody or do something great, well i tell you living a life after a cartoon is not the way to do it.
              You have to be who you want to be, do what you want to do. if ppl don't like it then Shiebe on them, they are usualy the ones that are eating your dust as you pass them to enter the finish line. if you think you are the greates then you are thinking of just yourself and that is what defeats you in the end.
              You have to get out there with a clear head and just have fun with what you like to do and what makes you happy doing it.
              When it starts getting down the Title swaping that is when it is no longer fun, that is when you have no car and have to walk everywhere

But, listen to me... I could sit here all day and bash on I.D. but i have better things to do with my time, like Drifting.....

1 More thing, Be legit
              Last edited by DoriFuta-; 09-20-2004, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Don't bash Initial D...Why don't you bash South Park for not being life-like...

Comment

Originally posted by DoriFuta-
                  absolutly phuking not.
                  I would compair myself to Takumi but since i hate the show and would ratherr burn all that is I.D. and poke my eyes out if NE ones made me watch it then i can't really compair myself to Takumi now can i?
                  What i mean is that i drove\drive the way i feel compfortable and to push my car to the limits. (but also in a safe manner)
                  I started doing all sorts of ScheiBe (look up sheibe in a German dictionary if you are confused) with my car and no one ever told me or showed me how do to any of it. I am self tought self trained.
                  Only a few months back (more like a year i guess) did i or have even heard about the I.D. series and to what i know from my own experiance to what the I.D. has to offer is utterly B.S. (if you don't know what B.S. then you live a sheltered life).
                  I don't understand how anyone can like that show let alone try or want to copy it.
                  They say Rice burners are the best cars to drift with, that may be true it may not be but all i know is the only thing that counts is the person behind the wheel of that car. The driver, the soul provider who brings the life form that is Drift, how does he\she fare up the their own expectations of what their machine can and can't do?
                  Everyone want to be somebody or do something great, well i tell you living a life after a cartoon is not the way to do it.
                  You have to be who you want to be, do what you want to do. if ppl don't like it then Shiebe on them, they are usualy the ones that are eating your dust as you pass them to enter the finish line. if you think you are the greates then you are thinking of just yourself and that is what defeats you in the end.
                  You have to get out there with a clear head and just have fun with what you like to do and what makes you happy doing it.
                  When it starts getting down the Title swaping that is when it is no longer fun, that is when you have no car and have to walk everywhere

But, listen to me... I could sit here all day and bash on I.D. but i have better things to do with my time, like Drifting.....

1 More thing, Be legit
                  Damn so much hostility for a show coming from a guy with a avatar of some ricey lookin VW. Cmon dude, dont hate, the show was meant to entertain, thats what it did. It wasnt supposed to enlighten people or become a new anime religon. I want to be someone that surrounds himself with all sorts of drifting things, hell anything associated with cars for that matter, and if ID is one of those, so be it!

Comment

Yeah man...I even deliver tofu in the morning...

Comment

Initial D is pretty accurate in terms of drifting, in my opinion. But you guys are just bashing because what? A guy in a cartoon can whoop your *Censored**Censored**Censored*? heh.

Comment

I bet more than half of the people in here who say 'I knew about drifting before Initial D' and 'I was into drifting before ID'
                        are straight up liars. They're just trying to be cool and pretend like they didnt learn about something through a popular anime. Who really gives 2 shats if a anime got you into drifting? Does it really matter?

Comment

no influence here...for some odd reason i always sliding *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* around...from when i was little kid pushing my sister around in her shopping cart to throwwing pebbles in the street and see if i could slide with out using the brakes on my bicycle to mopping my whole 1st floor down and drift my Niko/radioshack/Tyco radio controlled cars to actually sliding around a whole turn in a subdivision in my custom built Down Hill racer....From Accel Off's in my Type R to Clutch Kick in my 240...i love it
                          Last edited by Doriftogasm; 09-21-2004, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                            Don't bash Initial D...Why don't you bash South Park for not being life-like...
                            Another show that is utterly retarded

Comment

Originally posted by bl4rg
                              I bet more than half of the people in here who say 'I knew about drifting before Initial D' and 'I was into drifting before ID'
                              are straight up liars. They're just trying to be cool and pretend like they didnt learn about something through a popular anime. Who really gives 2 shats if a anime got you into drifting? Does it really matter?
                              B.S. to me

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                                Damn so much hostility for a show coming from a guy with a avatar of some ricey lookin VW. Cmon dude, dont hate, the show was meant to entertain, thats what it did. It wasnt supposed to enlighten people or become a new anime religon. I want to be someone that surrounds himself with all sorts of drifting things, hell anything associated with cars for that matter, and if ID is one of those, so be it!
                                Rice looking avatar?
                                How can a German car be a Ricer?
                                I admit that there are some Riced out VW pieces of craps out there but i try to stay away from the whole Rice Burner scene and any jap cars that i can.
                                I do admit that i wouldn't mind haveing the AE86 though, that is a hot car and not because it's in some stupid anime.

Comment

Working...
                                X