Wanted drift cars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted drift cars...

What's some of the cars you wanted as your drift cars? What do you have now?

First drift car I wanted was an AE, just because of Initial D. I was really close to buying an SR5 model but backed out at the last minute. Thank god.

Than I almost bought an 87' Conquest. I figured it could be made into a good drifter. However, the fact that it was a Chrysler product made me back out. I am 100% against Domestics drifting.

Now, I got an S13. I didn't want one at first because all of my friends had one. Than when I started to like them, I hated the coupe. Than I liked the coupe and hated the fastback. I bought a coupe from a friend and the rest is history. Now, I like both FB's and CPE's. I just think coupes make nice conversion cars where as fastbacks make a great car to throw a nice kit on. Just my opinion...

Agianst domestics drifting?
    ahhhhhh
    Are you okay?

Max

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_drift
      Than I almost bought an 87' Conquest. I figured it could be made into a good drifter. However, the fact that it was a Chrysler product made me back out. I am 100% against Domestics drifting.
      Actually haws... it's made by Mitsubishi. You coulda been rocking super old school. How many of those do you see around really?

Comment

Everyone has their own flavor whether or not they like or dislike a certain types of cars for drifting. But I'm just curious, why are you against domestic drifting?

Comment

The same reason that NASCAR is against Toyota entering the mix. It's just a personal opinion...

Comment

If it can get sideways who cares where it comes from? Just because it's Japanese and the organized sport of drift originiated there, doesn't make it the best drift car.
            I prefer the Japanese cars myself. I like the looks better but I can appreciate anything that can take the corners slideways!
            Drifting in general is not about hating. Keiichi himself was disappointed in how everyone boo'ed the GTO in Feb. How can you argue with the King?

Comment

originally wanted: silvia s13
              got a: strawberry face 180sx
              sold a: strawberry face 180sx
              currently own: R32 RB25DET (daily driver) and AE86 CA18DET (track car)

Comment

Yeah I remember when the King was disappointed why people booed the GTO. Now there's Gushi behind an '05 Ford Mustang, lets see if the people boo him too.

Comment

originally wanted:s13
                  still want:s13
                  would settle for:ae86
                  only car i've drifted: '84 t-bird

I know a place nearby that has 3 or 4 of the old rwd daytona's
                  i was thinking of getting one of them to mess around with, but they are all automatics, and i loath auto's with a dying passion.

I've had to back out on one '89 s13 cpe (wanted badly) deal because i couldnt get the money in time (this made me sad. i was to get it for 1600 and it only had 97k, and the only thing wrong with it was a cracked dash.)

I found another s13 fb that i can get for $400, but i am short on cash again, and it needs a LOT of tlc. no kiddin'.
                  List of what it needs to look good: (no it wasn't front ended previous owner's daughter killed it.
                  Front Bumper
                  Both Doors
                  Both front fenders
                  New headlight mechanism
                  New door trim
                  Probably has rust under the rear spoiler (It moves when you push on it)
                  Two new tires (front ones are toast)
                  It's been sitting a year, so it needs some new gas and a major tune-up

With just a tune up and a new battery it is perfectly driveable
                  the rest is just cosmetic stuff that i would want repaired/replaiced but would cost a ton, and if i where to get it i would just s15 the front end instead of repairing all the stuff, and for $400 it's not a bad deal in its current condition.
                  but sadly it does have a auto trans. (it doesnt matter tho cause first mod is gonna be a red-top sr20 with a 5spd.)

so this is pretty much a wishlist
                  ive also found countless mr2's
                  and half a dozen sr5's in the surrounding area, but none worth getting for asked price.

Comment

Working...
                  X