Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Mod question

Hey everyone,

I'm interested in installing four Power Slot slotted brake rotors with some Hawk HPS brake pads on my '02 Civic EX coupe. I had a couple of questions (I'm new to all of this):

Will my anti-lock braking system still work with these rotors and pads?
    Do I need to also replace my brake calipers?
    Will the composite Hawk pads work with the Power Slot rotors even though Honda says I should stick with ceramic pads?

Thank you!
    Seth

Are they a metalistic brake pad? If so, you probably won't even get them up to their operating temperature on the street. Ceramic brake pads are good on the first stop unlike metalistic pads which need to warm up.

You should be alright with your stock calipers as long as the pads fit and they still work well. Make sure that your rotors are the same size as the stock rotors as well. Bigger rotors may not fit inside the stock calipers without modification.

There are a number of Honda-oriented boards that should be able to help as well if you have Honda-specific questions.

Comment

Ah yes, because drifting.com is where you should come for all of your '02 Civic tech questions.

Seth, I do believe you should not upgrade your brakes until you show the proper intellect required to use them properly.

"Will my anti-lock braking system still work with these rotors and pads?" Yes
      "Do I need to also replace my brake calipers?" Not if you bought the correct pads and discs. If you bought the incorrect pads and discs, congratulations: you are indeed a moron.
      "Will the composite Hawk pads work with the Power Slot rotors even though Honda says I should stick with ceramic pads?" Honda sells ceramic pads. Honda wants you to buy ceramic pads.

Comment

Working...
      X