i'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm new

i'm new to the site, just giving a shout out to everyone, my car is a 1993 nissan 240sx convertible, and i have a parts car with a lsd that i'm going to swap in and tonight i just picked up a silvia front clip(without bodypanels or headlights) so i'm going to swap the sr in and take out some weight, including ac, subwoofers, sound deadening material and heat shields(the un nescesary ones) all the while my car is parked inside for winter, which it was -47 outside with the windchill yesterday, my god i hate winter in manitoba

you're going to love the winter in manitoba once your car is done. you can do some phat drifts in snow =).

Comment

Stiffen up that limp noodle the S13 convertible calls a chassis before you put power in.

You need to get your priorities straight. Are your brakes upgraded? Is your suspension up to par? Your bushings? Your tires?

Welcome, but I want to hear progress on your chassis and suspension. If you upgrade power before anything else, you are breaking a cardinal rule.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
        Stiffen up that limp noodle the S13 convertible calls a chassis before you put power in.

You need to get your priorities straight. Are your brakes upgraded? Is your suspension up to par? Your bushings? Your tires?

Welcome, but I want to hear progress on your chassis and suspension. If you upgrade power before anything else, you are breaking a cardinal rule.
        the first things i did were lowering springs and better brake pads, now that may not be much, but it avoids me from breaking the cardinal rule

Comment

the first things i did were lowering springs and better brake pads, now that may not be much, but it avoids me from breaking the cardinal rule

edit: srry for the double post, i'm noob to this fourm thing, i also found a s13 front clip for the right price and i had to jump on it quick, so i bought it right away

Comment

Only springs, no shocks? I guess it's a step in the right direction, though.

Good job on the brakes.

Comment

Only springs, no shocks? I guess it's a step in the right direction, though.

Good job on the brakes.
              I KNEW that was coming lol.

Comment

this isn't going to be an all out drift car, if i was going to make one i'd use my 240 coupe, i want to keep the convertible as a fun car

Comment

a conv. drift 240 would be nice considering that it would be different but yea invest in a good susp. cuz i hear that a conv. car lacks alot of rigidness. tein type he coilovers with under braces and te. rods will help clear that up tho .
                  Attached Files

Comment

check out my cardomain site for pics any feed back is nice, positive or negative, just not ignorant or arrogant

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/404532/3:)

Comment

I love this quote, man: "original rims with 225's up front and 265's in the rear"

Comment

I love this quote, man: "original rims with 225's up front and 265's in the rear"
                        well its a huge improvement from the 195/60/r14's that were on it b4, plus my rear tires are fat, and the rims are stock, and with the sr it will be kind of a.... sleeper if you will

edit: lots of grip with the lsd and 265's that the sr will launch like a mofo, and if i want little grip in the rear i'll just switch my old rims in with the 195's and shitty all season rating
                        Last edited by 240sxconvertibl; 01-13-2005, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Those are the ABSOLUTE SKINNIEST 265s I have EVER seen.

I call BS. Majorly. Why? Two reasons: the picture you supplied of the rear view of the car shows a 195 section-width tire, and 265s would be so incredibly squeezed to fit on a 6-inch wheel.

I've looked around, and there are only three 265/50R15 tires carried by any major tire company, and they are the Dunlop GT Qualifier, BFG Radial T/A, and Cooper Cobra Radial G/T. The Cobra has the same name, but white lettering and no bar around the sidewall.

There are editing traces around the size.
                          Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 01-13-2005, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Comment

Those are the ABSOLUTE SKINNIEST 265s I have EVER seen.

I call BS. Majorly. Why? Two reasons: the picture you supplied of the rear view of the car shows a 195 section-width tire, and 265s would be so incredibly squeezed to fit on a 6-inch wheel.

I've looked around, and there are only three 265/50R15 tires carried by any major tire company, and they are the Dunlop GT Qualifier, BFG Radial T/A, and Cooper Cobra Radial G/T. The Cobra has the same name, but white lettering and no bar around the sidewall.

There are editing traces around the size.
                              theres no editing marks on them. i think they're just wrongly marked, bc when i measured them they were only 9.5 inches which would be 245 mm, which is still wider than 195 and they barely fit on the rim, such a huge bulge

Comment

Working...
                              X