Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDM supplier, beware

Good Day

My name is Jerry Barvinek and I would like to ensure that none of you get taken of your money the same way I did. Back in October 2003 I had the ‘opportunity ‘ to bid on a RB20DET, a Nissan Skyline engine; on Ebay from a company named <http://visualizemotorsports.com/> . My plan was to install this engine into my 1971 Datsun 240Z and make a modern performing classic. In any event I was unfortunate enough to win.

As it turned out I sent a certified check to Aaron Fein in Ocala, Florida for $2284US and was assured a 3 week delivery to my door. After many emails and a few phone calls, I started to worry that this deal was getting very sour. He did respond but very vaguely obviously stalling. As the weeks went by it became obvious that nothing was going to happen. Eventually all contact from Mr. Fein to myself ended.

Anyway, its over a year now, the money is lost, and the web site is still there ........I'm assuming still ripping people off! . Yes, I learned from this experience but wish that nobody else goes through the same let down.

Buyer Beware! Take Care!

Jerry
    Cambridge, Canada

I don't understand why you people don't use escrow when making large purchases such as engines.

Comment

Tough learn....!

Comment

i hope you sued his as$....right??? i dunno if i spelt sue right.. i dunno.

Comment

If you can prove you sent the check sue the corp. It would be pretty cake to file suit and win for motor (or money) and court costs. Do it, do it, do it! Actually I don't know how easy it would be for you to do seeing as how you are in Canada.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend suing. But being over a year now I would take some sort of legal action. Like, maybe you could call the police department in Ocala and have this guy looked at or maybe tell eBay about him, although it may be a little late now. But it's still worth a try.

Comment

All Ebay did was ban him from the auctions...and he was one of those verified sellers. As far as the police go...they didnt even have the courtesy to call me back. Overall it was a real letdown of the whole system.

Like I said tough lesson...I know better now!

Comment

Working...
              X