Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subaru says spring 2012 for theirs

Comment

Wow, I mean WOW. First toyota to excite me since the supra went out of production. That is one hell of an awesome looking little coupe.

Comment

I was reading where people were finding it unattractive and the pictures I did see, it did not look good. The pictures of the car further back and angled up to the roof have changed my mind on how it looks. I'm fairly certain that this is probably a "kitted" up version instead of a base road-going version. I'm still wondering if it will be sold here as a Toyota or a Scion. The way it looks, it should be under the Scion brand as it fits that brand image far better. I also think it should keep the name "FT-86" with the boxer logo that was being shown a while ago. That logo looked cool.

Comment

I will refrain from making judgment until I see it on the streets.

When people say they don't like how a new car looks I just take it as they don't like it because it doesn't look like _______ car.

Comment

I like the first concept better but the II is still hot and I have a savings account just for this thing. Toyota North America needs to let Scion die and market this as a Toyota because it will end up like the Sky and Solstice in less than 2 years.

Comment

Is scion slumping in sales?

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                Yes they are. Let me go find the numbers.

Comment

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qIv8ctWOgyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                    http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/14/s...tomer-we-want/

The only car that sell moderately well is the tC and this car will definitely cannibalize it's sales. Scions last hope is the iQ and FT86 before the plug is pulled.

Lets face the facts, this car will not sell spectacularly but what brand will benefit most from it's halo effect? A brand that in recent times has been plagued with recalls and is desperate to reinvigorate itself to it's nostalgic roots or a brand that is less than 10 years old and already in need of reinvention?

Comment

I saw this report the other day, the VP docent seem to mind. Almost like they were planning on the sells to go down, as someone who deals with sales figures and inventory all day I kinda feel where he coming from. I sold a bunch of tires one quarter unexpectedly... and next quarter its back to normal... but in the public eye thinks something is wrong, I call it business as usual. From looking at subaru sales figures the last 5 years I think they need this car more then Toyota.

Comment

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/caAW1oZXQnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

* Yaris HSD Concept
                          * Prius+
                          * EV Prototype
                          * FT-86 II Concept
                          * FT-86 Sports Concept

FT-86 II concept from Toyota introduces a new generation of sports car. This front engine, rear-wheel drive concept gives the clearest indication yet of the FT-86 final design.

FT-86 II perfectly recaptures the exhilarating spirit of the Toyota Corolla Levin AE 86 – the must-have rallying and circuit driving choice in the 1980s. It is driver-oriented, designed to give form to the intrinsic joy of driving.

Under a design concept that Toyota’s European Design Development centre, ED2, has dubbed ‘Functional Beauty’, its bold, sweeping form has been generated through the constraints of function. The long, low bonnet, high wings and rear-set cabin pay homage to Toyota’s illustrious sports car history, while the aerodynamic, muscular bodywork has been made as compact as possible. With a 2,570 mm wheelbase, the concept is 4,235 mm long, 1,795 mm wide and just 1,270 mm high.

FT-86 II combines a free-revving boxer petrol engine and 6-speed manual transmission with light weight and a low centre of gravity for the optimum power-to-weight ratio. Both powertrain and driving position have been set as low and as far back as possible, awarding the FT-86 II lively, accessible performance, readily-exploitable dynamic abilities and maximum driving pleasure.

The FT-86 II concept is the result of an August 2009 announcement that Toyota and Fuji Heavy Industries will launch a jointly developed compact rear-wheel drive sports car. European sales of Toyota’s new sports car will begin in 2012.

# Driver-oriented sports car
                          # Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
                          # Lightweight, boxer petrol engine
                          # Light, compact and agile
                          # Sporting Toyota heritage
                          # Length: 4,235 mm
                          # Width: 1,795 mm
                          # Height: 1,270 mm

http://www.toyota-europe.com/innovat..._ii/index.aspx

Comment

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WVwOMn9ABFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Every time I look at it I'm more and more unimpressed by this thing. I would take a Genesis over this in a heartbeat and I love my Corolla.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                                Every time I look at it I'm more and more unimpressed by this thing. I would take a Genesis over this in a heartbeat and I love my Corolla.
                                I'm the exact opposite... every time I look at it, I like it more and more. But still like Concept I better.

Comment

Working...
                                X