No announcement yet.

Red Bull Drifting World Championship on SPEED TV! 12.21.2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall, FD has definitely been raising the bar with the overall production, and I can see why Speed and Red Bull would be happy... but satisfying TV people and satisfying the fans can be very different. I'm glad that the sponsors are happy, because that's something that other TV productions have failed to do in the past. I'm glad that we have an FD TV show that's produced solidly. I'm glad that Chabin is so enthusiastic about shooting these events - he's always gung-ho about the production at the event, and isn't just checking his watch for the next break. I know that there will always be sacrifices that have to be made to make the show happen, and I'm glad that FD is willing to fight to get the content that they feel is necessary included in the final production.

As I mentioned, I think there are some very small changes that could be made that would drastically help the production.

Random tidbit - I was watching some race coverage on Speed a month or so back, and was curious about how big the production for a 'regular' race is. The race I happened to have on was at Road Atlanta, a course I think many people are familiar with. In total, it took 12 cameras to track 1 full lap. I think drifting can be portrayed in the same way with well-chosen camera positions.

Comment

Okay, more opinion from me.

I said it before, we have a couple of videographers in this very thread who can make damn good videos of drifting. Watching little 5 minute clips from them (ross, will, josh) are better than an hour of Red Bull on SPEED. Somebody (ahem, FD) needs to get these guys some kind of paid work with this.

They have given GREAT advice and I would hate to see their ideas taken and get nothing in return. I hope their ideas don't get taken and used and then they are left saying, "jeeez, that was MY idea. Now I have nothing."

These guys know the angles/shots/ideas/lingo/etc. What they lack is a HUGE budget. Let's get this together.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
        If the 3 can work together, maybe we have something here...kinda like having the 3 formula d judges. Ernie, Ken, Andy -- in no particular order.
        They CAN work together.

Please don't bring up the judges.
        You have 2 guys who know about drifting and ARE drifters and one guy who...... I don't even know. I mean, you might as well have Paris Hilton be the other judge. Same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post

Oh, and T2 vs. Sam. That was fast, Oh, Chris stalled, Sam wins. NEXT. Way to go, team. God forbid Mopar/Nuformz/sam/viking apparel/ let it slide and have 2 REAL runs.
          That had nothing to do with us, that was formula d's call. I was actually discussing it on the radio with Samuel and Shaun when they told us there were no "do-overs"..
          Last edited by ; 12-23-2008, 03:39 PM.

Comment

You must be from that team.

At any rate, that's good to know.

Comment

They CAN work together.

Please don't bring up the judges.
              You have 2 guys who know about drifting and ARE drifters and one guy who...... I don't even know. I mean, you might as well have Paris Hilton be the other judge. Same thing.
              You missed my original joke about comparing the 3 video peoples with the 3 judges. ;-) ...but that's okay. I still love you.

Comment

I guess.

What was the joke?

All 3 of the video guys are great at what they do.
                Two of the judges are great at what they do.

Comment

I guess.

What was the joke?

Two of the video guys are great at what they do.
                  Two of the judges are great at what they do.
                  Fixed that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                    Fixed that for you.
                    who are you?

Comment

The third video guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                        Fixed that for you.
                        Okay, wahhh wahhh wahhh

No you didn't fix anything.

I love when people hide behind screennames.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                          The third video guy.
                          i know the two other video guys that brian is talking about, i am one of the 3.

so who in the world is zypher

Comment

Now now children...2009 season is coming up, and it's becoming clear that video is the proper way to capture the spirit of drifting. What about video people working together on their own to produce ONE production level video with a host and stuffs.

One guy can be the main shooter, another can be b-roll stuffs, and another can handle in-car actions?

Comment

It would be cool to put something like that together

but at this point, I just need a job (or jobs) for '09

Time to get to work!

Comment

Okay, wahhh wahhh wahhh

No you didn't fix anything.

I love when people hide behind screennames.
                                Zepher is agreeing with my opinions that there is ONE person out of the 3 that are not up to par with the other two. Good...so I'm not alone with my thoughts.

Okay, time for me to waste my time elsewhere...bickering about isolating the one slacking video person isn't how I occupy most of my day.

Comment

Working...
                                X