No announcement yet.

RX-7 Swap (RX-8 engine into a 93 RX-7?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think there is anything wrong with the RX-8, as long as it's not considered a replacement for the RX-7. so as long as i get my RX-7~2007, i'm ok

Comment

Just Wait

Just wait and see, the Rx-8 was brought into play and it seems to be lacking in the extreme performance that everyone was hopeing for but look at the power numbers compared to the FD in stock form. Yeah they are a little lacking but that is without a turbo. Imagin the power when some companies start pumping out the power adders, you guys will change your tunes. As for the platform that cant really be helped although it does perform better then I thought it would. I have heard word that they are looking to build a new RX-7 but they want to step up the performance on the RENESIS. I hear they are shying away from the turbo and twin turbo setups and supercharging seems more likely, there is also rumor of and added rotor. Sorry I dont have any documentation for this its just hearsay.

Lucidstrife

Comment

aren't the new MX-5's being built on the RX-8 platform? making them bigger? and possibly the new RX-7's too?
        don't get me wrong I would love to have an RX-8 but i already own a 4 door. if i needed passenger room i would appreciate the 4 seater. but the next car i get doesn't need to have room. so a 2 seater would be perfect. i even got rid of the rear seats on the FC. i figure i'd sell them to someone who really needs them. Now i just have to find someone w/storebins to trade for or a nice upholstory shop.

Comment

i'm not sure about the mx-5, but yes the series 9 rx-7 will be a 2 door coupe based on the rx-8 platform and will be a twin turbo rotary.... at least mazda is continuing to use turbos, unlike some other car manufacturers that we won't mention *cough nissan toyota cough*

Comment

i just read that (about the MX-5 using the RX-8 platform)somewhere. road and track maybe?
            because they even had a picture of the next MX-5 and the front end resembled the RX-8

Comment

the new miata's r sick! turbo charged producing some decent numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
                yea they do..i think
                No they don't, but blitz does. And Pan Speed is working on a kit with KKK.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                  Trust doesnt even make a bolt-on turbo kit for the Renesis yet...
                  i saw a pic of one in the TAS 04....i said what i see...

Comment

Well somebody call up TRUST AKA Greaddy and ask the mofos cause I called a hookup in Japan and the only one on the market is the blitz. There is a few people playin with it but only Blitz got it on the shelf.

I want one for my RX8 and thats the straight up word.

Comment

Greddy is developing a TT kit as we speak. It's rumored to debut at SEMA.

Comment

i find nothing wrong with the renesis swap, good chance to learn something from this. all it needs is a lil tweaking and we may find good and useful results. as a rotary enthusiast, i would never turn my back on a rotary. every rotary engine ive seen is a work of art. i wanna see what this renesis engine can do.

Comment

Renesis is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. So the renesis can go to 11,000 RPM? I thought the 13B REW could go to 9k or 9.5k. Besides. My 12A can go over 10k with mods. It's a damn stupid idea. Even in a first gen. The intake is so confusing and shitty. A 20B would be the best engine to put in any car, well, the R26B would be the best, but good luck with that. Renesis was an experiment to find out if the people wanted mroe rotary cars. We do, so now Mazda is making a new RX7 hopefully with a better engine than the renesis. Anybody notice hwo the first fully modded RX8 didn;t have the stock motor? It had a 20B in it. The renesis is not good. I won't say it sux cause it's at least a rotary engine, but the original 13B is better IMO. Even a Chevy V8 is better than the Renesis IMO. Been a long time since I've posted here. Hello everybody.

Comment

......You dont enjoy better fuel economy, and lower emissions? even a more linear power band? The thing is na, and produces power close to the turbo charged 13bs. I love my 13bt but i definately wouldn't mind experimenting with the new one.

Comment

What kind of rotory fanatic are you bad mouthing the renesis like that. A stock na renesis has way more power than a 13b would ever dream of and it also has one less rotor than the 20b,so of course its not going to push out more power. Thats like putting a 10 cylinder engine to a 6 cylinder. Also i heard that the rx8 sat on a good chassis with a perfect weight balance. As for the FD it doesnt have a perfect weight balance. It has an almost perfect weight balance.I think you're only bad mouthing it becasue you're stubborn and dont like to try new stuff. But deep down you know you love it, and you could only wish it was in ur car. lol

Comment

Oh and most of you people act like the rb26 is the best engine out their. Newsflash for ya. The 2JZ is just as good, the VQ35 is just as good(well as good as an n/a RB26), the nsx motor(dont know the name of that motor) is just as good(well as good as an n/a RB26). Anyways stop acting like the RB is the ultimate motor cause its not.

Comment

Working...
                                X