driftland in texas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy
    I don’t think insurance will be a problem if you have to sign a waver to get in.
    Wrong. Odds are decent that a good lawyer will cut it apart anyway.

You need to be insured, and in a big way. That, or no one but you gets to use it or something

Comment

One question around where do you plan to build it?

Comment

location is very important, if you are very far from a major city it will not work. Where do you own the land?

Comment

In laredo, home the the CHL champs bucks!!!
          Its not a big city, but i was hoping people for SA would come down. What do you guys think?

Comment

I think that would be ok but its way to far for me to travle to.

Comment

your in el paso, your the hawaii of texas.

where is laredo? i think if its not to far from hosuton/dallas/austin youll be fine. id drive 2 hours to go drift all day.

Comment

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=tx&zipcode=

Comment

Laredo is near the bottom part of Texas near corpus christi. Like the map shows.

Comment

if you are going to actually do this then you should aclo open a hotel because it sounds far from every thing

Comment

ris4drift/mike has the same ideas as me. especially about the multi-purpose thing. i've been wanting to do this also but the insurance always gets me.

isn't concrete/asphalt or w/e expensive to get laid down. i heard like a couple hundred thousand dollars to get a pretty good size parking lot

Comment

whats up everyone? first post on the forum. im in SA, and i would definitely come down. anyways, my dad almost opened up a kart track in GA (where im fron originally). he was seriously gonna do it, but he passed away. anyways, like someone mentioned, legal issues WILL play a big part. you need to sit down with a lawyer, and draft up a good, solid waiver that has no loopholes, but regardless, youl will still have liabilities, so insurance is an automatic. also, the multi sport thing works great. i grew up racing shifter karts, and theres actually a ton of those things all over the country. that is truly an untapped market that i wish people would take advantage of. being far from a big city is good and bad. trust me, running waters, electrical outlets and showers, as well as a llittle bleacher area will increase your revenue exponentially. just think, people can shower and camp there for the weekend. all in all, it could be a very sound investment. TRY TO GET INVESTORS. basically, thats all i have. like someone else pointed out, with drifting on the rise, and pro events coming to TX, make it friendly to campers/ spectators/ promoters. also, the SKUSA region around here SUCKS!. i used to live in florida, where 250+ shifter karts showed up for 4 out of 6 region races one year. $$$$$$$$$. make a proposal about what all you could host there, and get some financial backers. asphalt is not cheap. also, the wider the track, the better. a wide, smooth, technical track is ideal to drifters and kart racers. your #1 priority on track layout should be SAFETY. trust me. LET THE TRACK CURE FOR AT LEAST A COUPLE MONTHS. i know of a brand new kart facility in ocala, florida that had potholes after their first race, because karts were ripping up the asphalt mid- corner. DONT LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU. not a cheap mistake.
                        ronnie simpson
                        not trying to sound like a know it all, just sharing info from past experiences.

Comment

there was a guy in the dallas area who was trying to start a drift park type place, he use to come by cartunes to get ideas and stuff, but I guess it fell through. the insurance and other fees, are very high. not to mention building and maintaining the track, you cant use the cheap asphalt, cause it will crumble apart.

Comment

Theres a guy in San Antonio that is interested in doing driftland in his land but doesnt have the funds...Visit www.DriftClubs.com He is Nemesis his name is Eun...

Comment

Working...
                            X