fwd or is it rwd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fwd or is it rwd?

ok i guess that because i am only like 16 that means that i am a noob but i know (to my knowlege) alot of things that relate to drifting and cars in general well aside from that this is sumpthing that i dont know i have a 1994 nissan maxima now i was watching some drift videos and i notice that there was a car close to identical to my maxima but i always thought that maxima's were fwd now can someone tell me if i am waisting my time finding an 86 or (r)ps13 when i have a potental drift car on my hands?
    Attached Files

all maximas are front wheel drive. No doubt about it. Good luck with drifting. FWD engines are mounted horizontally and rwd engines are mounted vertically. AWD engines are mounted horizontally.

Comment

youre probably mistaking your maxima for a laurel or cefiro.

Comment

Originally posted by drift180
        FWD engines are mounted horizontally and rwd engines are mounted vertically. AWD engines are mounted horizontally.
        I think its longitudinal for rwd,4wd and some awd
        transverse for fwd,most awd and, some 4wd

Comment

Awd can mount either way, example: Evo / Skyline GTR

Added: Maybe he saw a silvia or something, i can see some what of a comparison..

Comment

thanks guys that helped and i do think it was the cefiro doumb mistake on my part but i learned sumpthing new. thanks.

Comment

i think all of u guys talkin about AWDs r forgetin something......what would a subaru be considered??? and dont say horizontally because thats just the way that the blocks layed out........i know i might be being a smartass.....hahaha

Comment

Re: fwd or is it rwd?

Originally posted by s-15driftkid
                ok i guess that because i am only like 16 that means that i am a noob but i know (to my knowlege) alot of things that relate to drifting and cars in general well aside from that this is sumpthing that i dont know i have a 1994 nissan maxima now i was watching some drift videos and i notice that there was a car close to identical to my maxima but i always thought that maxima's were fwd now can someone tell me if i am waisting my time finding an 86 or (r)ps13 when i have a potental drift car on my hands?
                Well if you're ever unsure, look under the car...theres a huge difference from a fwd transaxle and rwd transmission.

Or try burning out and look which tires are spinning.

Or just look up the specs online...use the year make model "specs" and there you go.

Comment

Id still go with popping the hood before i got under a car or wasted some tires

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts
                    Id still go with popping the hood before i got under a car or wasted some tires
                    um...well its not gonna do a kid that doesn't know anything about cars to look under the hood. Its easier to identify some thing big and long than...maybe seeing where the dip stick is placed or which way your engine is sitting...

Plus how difficult is to bend over or kneel?? If thats a hassle, boy you might need to excerise.

Comment

Nah 6'1 weigh 150, i just dislike getting dirty if i can avoid it

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts
                        Nah 6'1 weigh 150, i just dislike getting dirty if i can avoid it
                        Sounds like you shouldn't be into cars...

Comment

if i can avoid it

damn typos

Comment

stop posting that stupid pic of a car that's not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                              stop posting that stupid pic of a car that's not yours.
                              Well shiza...does this new forum NOT have PMs!!!
                              Last edited by Wickdmarz; 01-18-2005, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X