USDrift Competitions/NOPI Exhibition-'03 USDrift Champ and Drift Xtreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USDrift Competitions/NOPI Exhibition-'03 USDrift Champ and Drift Xtreme

Edited from this thread in "Drifting" http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...=&threadid=932
    see video link below

-Tony

Originally posted by SilverGhost
    yeah! post a link to the vids!!
    It will be a while, if ever. I have a crap computer (roommate's actually) and it doesn't even have firewire. Plus, the producer technically owns most of the Road Atlanta footage and plans to use it as part of a DVD and I need to check with him before I step on his toes. But here is something to tide you over... it's most my hightlights from the past season and has the Team Orange/Drift Xtreme drivers at the end. WARNING, it's 42MB. I never got around to cutting it down, adding music, text, etc, but probably won't either.

please save as, 42MB!!
    http://www.joesvideos.com/tony/Drift...chulz-divx.avi

and if you need the codec to see:
    http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511Bundle.exe
    Last edited by foilman; 12-13-2003, 12:41 PM.

That was bad!

Comment

Nice vid, that guy in the s14 is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Young Drifter
        Nice vid, that guy in the s14 is amazing
        Yeah, that's me. I certainly try. Thanks for the compliments.

Comment

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?! JESUS CHRIST!!! Wow, im talking to a living master of drifting. Just whondering, what motor/suspension setup do you have? I baught a 98 240. I'm going to use it for drifting, I just haven't decided where to start with parts. Your really good at drifitng man, your like my idle

Comment

you had a few nice runs in there. looks like your using a really sticky tire too.

whos car had the 3 UP sticker on it??

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
              you had a few nice runs in there. looks like your using a really sticky tire too.

whos car had the 3 UP sticker on it??
              Its Asamotos sileighty and KFC and Igu were driving. Tony you rock dude you are probobly one of the best Ive seen in the states. Wheres the taurus drift?

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                Its Asamotos sileighty and KFC and Igu were driving. Tony you rock dude you are probobly one of the best Ive seen in the states. Wheres the taurus drift?
                Thanks Lorin, means a lot from you. The Taurus, HAHA... that was cool.... the crowd was like "WTF?". There's a TINY bit in there actually, through one of the crowd shots. I have a little more of your one handed FF action on tape if you really want it, but it's not even on the computer.

Comment

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?! JESUS CHRIST!!! Wow, im talking to a living master of drifting. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?! JESUS CHRIST!!! Wow, im talking to a living master of drifting.
                  I don't think I'd say "master". I've got all the skills/techniques, but still need to hone them. Like almost anybody, I could always improve through more track time. I need more experience and have only done a tiny bit of tandem (not super close at that). There is always more to learn... not to mention the car needs improvement as well.

Just whondering, what motor/suspension setup do you have? I baught a 98 240. I'm going to use it for drifting, I just haven't decided where to start with parts. Your really good at drifitng man, your like my idle
                  I'd rather be like your idol... on second though, maybe not.

The motor is a stock internal KA24DE (us motor) with a custom turbo conversion by unStable-Hybrids and myself. It's pretty much a budget/junkyard setup thrown together with spare parts that were laying around the shop... Z31 T3 turbo, SAAB 9000 intercooler, etc. We custom fabbed the piping/manifold/exhaust, and bought a Super-AFC and used 370cc injectors for fuel. I run 7-9psi (just got an EBC the other day I need to install to steady that). Never dynoed the car, but I estimate 260-270 @ the wheels and it trapped 103 at the strip (and smoked the turbo on that run).

The suspension is where the car needs the most work. I put it together from whatever I could find cheap over the past few years and didn't go very stiff because it was my daily driver up until a few months ago. My anti-sway bars are pretty stiff, Whiteline adjustable in front and their Super Heavy Duty bar in back. The springs and shocks are very mild (and have a ton of miles on them) maybe 10% stiffer than stock... KYB GR2 and Grex Sport springs. Also have some camber bolts, poly bushing TC rods in front. I have some really, er... budget STBs a friend made long ago with the help of a large tree trunk. My diff is just the factory viscous LSD, which is better than nothing, but not really up to the task, especially on the really tight stuff. (Drift Xtreme, don't make me stick my S15 helical unit in there )

[QUOTE] you had a few nice runs in there. looks like your using a really sticky tire too. [QUOTE]

I ran all kinds of different tires in that video (months of different events), most fairly grippy, just a few that were crap. I now run the Dunlop FM901 which is really grippy for a street tire and I'm very pleased with it. And it does make a little more smoke than most, but not as much as people make out... Nomuken's technique/car DOES have something to do with his display. I did back-to-back comparisons to the ES100 at my last two event and the smoke difference was minimal (while the ES100 was much less controllable and more prone to chunking). As you saw, wheels are budget too... NA Z31 wheels (16x7.5 w/ 225/50 16), and sometimes R32 GT-S or S14 wheels (16x6.5 w/ 205/55 16).

I'd like to move up to even stickier tires for extremely fast stuff like Road Atlanta, but I also need more power to keep them spinning, (can just keep the 901s going in 3rd, 4th requires lots of effort).

-Tony

Comment

yah, looks like you had some predy wicked body roll in there.

Comment

Wow man your awsome.

Comment

Working...
                      X