Go Back   DRIFTING.com > NEW to DRIFTING (BEGINNERS) > NEW to DRIFTING (BEGINNERS) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New to the sport and wondering what cars I can drift stock?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
levibrutal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Exclamation New to the sport and wondering what cars I can drift stock?

Hello,
I am new to the sport, I used to be real into tuners and drifting then made a conversion to 4x4, did that for awhile with 86 Bronco II, ha thing was fun stock, but sold it and now looking for a nice started drift car. I was curious onw hat cars would be best that have LSD and are easy to maintain. I like cars usually from the early 80's to early 90's really, and was curious to what is out there or if you can give me a least. I know the basics like Toyota Corolla AE86 have my eye on a couple but what else has stock LSD? Thanks for your help and feedback.
levibrutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
ghorrah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
get a light muscle car like a buic grand national (yes a buic can be a muscle car)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
T-37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I drive a 71 lemans T-37, it's heavy but the torque can pull the end around. Best of all you can keep it stock so its somewhat reliable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
DriftSlut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by levibrutal View Post
Hello,
I am new to the sport, I used to be real into tuners and drifting then made a conversion to 4x4, did that for awhile with 86 Bronco II, ha thing was fun stock, but sold it and now looking for a nice started drift car. I was curious onw hat cars would be best that have LSD and are easy to maintain. I like cars usually from the early 80's to early 90's really, and was curious to what is out there or if you can give me a least. I know the basics like Toyota Corolla AE86 have my eye on a couple but what else has stock LSD? Thanks for your help and feedback.
FC RX7
MK3 Supra

Im not sure about the supra but i know the base model fc ( like the 86 ) dosent have lsd.But if you get a gxl or tII your fine.My first drift car was a fc.I felt it was a good starter car for me.I learned pretty quickly with it.I wouldnt suggest a a86 for a starter but thats just me.Its a little more tricky to slide.Great cars but not something you wanna start with.
DriftSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
77ElCaminoDrift
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 22
the FC RX7 is a sweet starter for drift; no limited-slip, but you can still get into a drift with relative ease; I just built up a FC for that very reason and I'm loving it; I kick the rear end out nearly everyday, and from what I hear it's tough getting it sideways (though I've had no problem) in comparison to the S14s, Supras, etc. That said, I've yet to even come close to spinning out like I did back in my 300ZX, and the hp/torque is low enough that it won't get crazier than you're able to plan for. Conversely, I did experience a little understeer at higher speeds, but it's stock for the most part, and that's only a few modifications away
77ElCaminoDrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Cavi Mike
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rochester, NY USA
Posts: 648
Send a message via AIM to Cavi Mike Send a message via MSN to Cavi Mike Send a message via Yahoo to Cavi Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ElCaminoDrift View Post
the FC RX7 is a sweet starter for drift; no limited-slip
The FC had limited-slips in turbo or GXL trim. And please, check the date of a thread before replying.
Cavi Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
FutureDrifter
Registered User
 
FutureDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorrah View Post
get a light muscle car like a buic grand national (yes a buic can be a muscle car)
Pontiac GTO would be a good one also Rhys Millen drove a Pontiac GTO in the Formula D competition. and won many times! He is amazing. Me personally i love muscle cars but i would rather drift in a supra.
FutureDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
can i drift with a stock lsd

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 AM.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.