No announcement yet.

(LIVE VIDEO) FORMULA DRIFT LONG BEACH, April 9-10th 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the video feed... i wish that Jarrod was the host and not Bill Wood... He is horrible

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_Fan View Post
      thanks for the video feed... i wish that Jarrod was the host and not Bill Wood... He is horrible
      haha id have to agree...sorry bill

Comment

Watched it for a while today on my iPhone, worked pretty well. I think they had trouble estimating how much demand there would be on the servers/available bandwidth, so the stream seemed to drop in and out. That's just the way things go with live streaming events sometimes, though.

Two thumbs up to them for setting it up and I'm sure things will smooth out as the season moves on...

Comment

This kicks *Censored**Censored**Censored*! Love the fact that we get to watch this live since we can't watch FD in Canada (Had a chance to catch some rounds when it was on Speed)
          BTW: Aasbo is killing it!! Amazing runs!

Comment

That was a really fun experience, to watch a FD event live. Even got an online friend, who was never into drifting, to watch it with me. It was fun answering all her questions about rules and judging.

Thanks again guys for putting this up. I had only a couple issues though.

1. I think the chat room would start to make the video lag, the longer it got. Also, the commercials would make the stream lock up big time. Not sure why this would happen.. maybe the format was too high quality?

2. Is there a way you could turn J-rod down just a little bit? He was coming in so loud, it was giving me a headache. My friend said she had to mute him during one of his ad plugs. And then she missed out on all the awesome engine noise.

Can't complain too much though. I got to watch on the internet for free. You guys made my Saturday.

Comment

Huge "thank you's" are in order for the sponsors and FD putting this together. Things got a little laggy at times when the stream topped out at 2300 people or so (at least the one I was on), but in general, it was fantastic.

I'm not sure what the right thing to do for audio was -- I really enjoyed listening to J-Rod, but a bit more engine sound certainly would have been nice. I liked the interviews with Bill Wood during the intermission... Seeing all of the action as it happened, live, was so much better than following results on Twitter or reading about it later. Was nice to be able to talk with a friend who was watching the stream at his place, too.

Fredric Aasbo was absolutely on fire out there. Extremely impressed, congrats on such a strong performance. Hope to see you in Atlanta and New Jersey.
              Last edited by b_hydra; 04-10-2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X