No announcement yet.

drift cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I dont think all heavy cars are bad for drifting. I would consider a car bad for drifitng if the weight distribution or cornerweighting is uneven, but this can apply to light cars as well. The only potential downside of a heavy car is its tendancy to build alot of inertia. But I call it a potential downside because you can also use this to your advantage. It depends on your driving style, the techniques you use, and your timing. If you are learning this can be a bad thing because mistakes you make are more pronounced making it hard to recover (easier to crash). If you are advanced this can be used to your advantage giving you the ability to use the cars weight instead of engine power to induce a slide (making the feint technique very effective). Its all a matter of perspective.

Comment

anything basically kinda small and that is RWD...

Comment

ae86 all the way cheap nicely balanced and just freakin awsome to have. f*** initial d drift em cuz u love em not cuz some cartoon says its popular
        Attached Files

Comment

hehe, when did an AE86 become cheap? when you consider how expensive it is to get parts for that thing when something breaks, and just finding parts. But I guess you guys are ghetto drifters. Going around a turn, gasing it at the exit to get the tail slightly out and calling it a drift. I have friends with 86's and their cars already run in the 5K area already to get it setup for drifting. You guys have to realize that you can drift almost anything, but not drift really well. Going around a corner and yanking the ebrake, and all you hear is a little "erp" and the car pitches to the side is not drifting. A lot of Japanese drifters say that American drifters need to learn about setting up the car, and that is very true.

Comment

yah, its true that americans need to setup thier suspension for drifting more, but you have to take into consideration that we have alot less parts to choose from

Comment

i think the G35coupe is one of top cars that you can drift...

i know cus i do it all the time at auto X ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwalker
                hehe, when did an AE86 become cheap? when you consider how expensive it is to get parts for that thing when something breaks, and just finding parts. But I guess you guys are ghetto drifters. Going around a turn, gasing it at the exit to get the tail slightly out and calling it a drift. I have friends with 86's and their cars already run in the 5K area already to get it setup for drifting. You guys have to realize that you can drift almost anything, but not drift really well. Going around a corner and yanking the ebrake, and all you hear is a little "erp" and the car pitches to the side is not drifting. A lot of Japanese drifters say that American drifters need to learn about setting up the car, and that is very true.
                ditto. i couldn't agree more.

Comment

i think any car can drift well its all about the set up...

and a lot of the time the car you would expect to do crazy drifts ...dont do them because they are not set up properly...

Comment

Well I dont think that you need alot of expensive parts to drift, but I can understand why it would cost alot to get the suspension setup on an AE86 drift safe. Like 3rd gen Camaro's those cars are really old. Over time the suspension parts can deteriorate and make the suspension crap. So you would need to replace stuff to bring it back to the OEM suspension feel. And as long as you're replacing stuff you might as well go aftermarket, yadda yadda yadda... But I dont think you need $5k worth of parts and I dont think people with stock stuff are ghetto drifters.

Comment

megan dori x do u ahve pics of your mustang????? and what year is it????? check out my mustang drifter project heres the link

http://members.cardomain.com/whitefiveoh

Comment

theres an 87 volvo 240 wagon for sale in reno for 950, i was thinking about buying & drifting it. also theres a guy here that owns a shop called infinite velocity performance with a dropped late 80s volvo 4 door. the thing has a chevy v8 in it...600rwhp! its funny as hell maybe if i get the wagon i'll swap a rb into it...mad style! lots of ideas. maybe i'll chop top it???

Comment

drifting

I drift with what i got.

1994 Dodge Stealth non-turbo.
                          stock

It may be forward wheel drive but I still love it.
                          Hard to drift though.....

Comment

has anyone ever seen anybody drift an audi? i was thinking like the tt or a/s4, or maybe even the older ones? that would be cool, seems a little hard with them being quattro and all, but...?

Comment

drift an audi.
                              ya its possible.

my friend has a new 2.7t and we tried but that thing grips like crazy. possible, but inconvienent and not likely

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkSlide
                                i heard that the 1987 volvo station wagon has 50/50 distribution, predictable handling, and can hold a slide to the end of eternity with no modifications and minimal input from the driver!
                                Might I direct your attention to the '95 940...

Crazy Hawaiian, I too want to pick up a 240 but for now I'm stuck doing it up VRD style. It works just fine with a 114 hp wagon so I think it's safe to say it's less the car and more the driver. If you see any ads for 240's throw me a PM or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X