Best drift tires (esp. for domestikx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best drift tires (esp. for domestikx)

aright so herres how tit goes down, skip all this if yu prefer...yeah that tit means this s th guy from th akina post...) <br> i, my friens n flamers, am not yet of legal independent driving age (naw y kaynt tell huh¿) aright... so... while ive spent th last few years (since sometime winter 01) studyin all th finer arts of motorsports and specifikly, teh drift. this knowledge there n then filters out II my friend, who like me is learned in th way of th koenigsegg, mclaren, veyron (forget th rest a th stuff that kompany makes, th W-16/4 is wha matters), xj220, n not II b left bhind, th silvia, FD, ae86 trueno/levin, jz, etc... however, as iAm a vastly tekhnikal n detailed person... he merely koncentrates on simpler details... s7 - akcel n ub3r l33t downforce tekhnology. mustang - raw, harnessable brute force potential. so this is where our small town of 35215 (center point) starts II matter... in alabama, lightweight and sporty means little, in komparison II th majority of th res a th kountry... our budget is limited, so we get stukk, through handme downs n favors, with probably th worst possible machine on th good list. a decently light, though rather nonideally balanced, automatic, 98 3800 cc, Ford sports type vehicle... bka teh Mustang base model. low miles, very low price. we took tit. this was several years ago... though we havent been able II raise much since then, we have poured all we kan inII our beloved lil machine. K&N standard, minor kosmetik stuffs, better tires, n very generous maintenance... aright, th part that matters: now, after weve settled our kourt issues and regained freedom, our interest has finally aligned with possibilty. and IIDay, at roughly 7 pM cst, we set out II find a parkin lot. now ive tried a few things wi th family lumina (shh...!) and tested idea after physikx pushin idea... mostly thought, iJust have experience makin fwd spin while reversin... on th other hand, iPull an average of 10 hours a day on th internet (yes ive been a komputer nerd since before iRealized such a thing existed) and am forever researching and learning, tis my passion. so... after settlin kozily inII pinson valleys church parkin lot... and strappin up... we drove II a korner in our eager n willing 4 liter v6, stopped, turned off overdrive, and began klass... <br><br> <B>iMportant part!</b> <i>skip II herre!</i> <br>right so iFigured th firs thin iNeeded II see was how much slip kapacity n power th MRC had, so iFigure a power oversteer from a halt woul b interstin... so we stopped, full lokk right, n floored it... heh heh, well, we didn quite get enough slip II hafta kountersteer bu tit was fun, we didn spen much time in that parkin lot either btw, but we used our five minits wisely, eem pulled a 190-ish thing... yeah but th great part... was on th way home, on this narrow bakk road behind karson rd near food world... in th rural residential zone.... there was this turn we had II make... iAsked him II floor tit n try II apex th korner... so he kame II outside n hit th gas, full throttle, n right when he kame near th apex (which made this so dangerous, we werre on th inside, n nearly ran off th road a sekon later) iPulled th handbrake on him... h hah tit was great, he kountersteerrd naturally, instinktively, n barely saved us from runnin down some guys mailbox, bu tit was a beautfiul textbook drift iThought, full oversteer, full yet quikk kounter-lokk, n no akcidental chokudori on traktion return... perfekt stuff.... <br> <br> aright so my question... like th title topik says... th firs n foremost main thin we needa look inII bfrr makin this an everyday hobby... where do we get junk tires, and wha do we look for¿ tirerack says our setup uses 15 in type R tires, iHad made sure beforehand that they were pumped up righ II th 44 psi limit (hafta b safe)... so ive seen threads that mosly jus said get long treadlife tires that are 16-7 and decently high speed rated... but were not talkin abou a 1800 lb. 8 6 herre, this thing is heavy... and full stokk, with a heavy $2000 soun system, greg weighs 250 (yeah hes mure than a lil chubby,) n im a good 120 m self... im not sure but id estimate th kurb weight on our baby at at least 2500lb. we need some high density tough treads that wont wear under a lotta use... topik open f diskussion, im goin II watch 24...
    Attached Files

is it a problem for most ppl u happen to come across for them not to understand a damn word u say? like seriously...how old r u?

Comment

it almost seems that you went out of your way to make the post hard to understand.

Comment

You'd have an easier time in a 5spd with LSD

Comment

ok the only thing i got out of that whole thing was the bit about you pulling the e-brake on your friend, that's not too good an idea, and is a great way to mess up your friends car, and i dunno about you but my friends are pretty touchy about people doing damage to their cars.

Also, please post in standard english, i realize that a few abbreviations here and there save time, but replacing a c with a k in "kounteeresteered" just makes your posts un-readable.

That being said, i believe this is a troll making fun of some of the younger people we have on this forum, while they might not have cars yet, there are some people without cars that make some very good posts. I hope that i am wrong in my assumptions because i think everyone on here has some valid points to add in. To make fun of someone because they cannot legally drift yet, but are enthusiastic about the sport and willing to learn and come here and ask questions shows a complete lack of maturity. The younger crowd on here is the future of drifting, and if we wish to see our sport continue on in a positive way, we should embrace younger people and teach them the right way to drift, and the right places to do so. This way when the younger crowd isn't so young anymore they will have a nice base to start from and practice drifting in a safe controlled enviornment.

*climbs off soap box*

Comment

lol, i know the kind of stang you are talking about, and i also now that stangs with soundsytems can wiegh upwards of 3500 lbs....youre right, its no hachiroku, and in comparison even to my 240, its a pig (in that it is fat and heavy and wieghs alot). everything that i have read about stang drifting says you need like 300+ hp and extensive suspension mods to make new gen stangs decent drift cars.....no matter what treads they have....

sorry, just had to talk about how there is no way and stock stang weighs 2500lbs......

Comment

wha?

Comment

I tried reading the first part but I just cant understand what you are trying to say. But I see the pic of the Mustang and considering the title, I'm guessing your looking for info on what tires to use to drift your Stang. My recommendation would depend on what type of driving style you have. Do you use a lot of throttle to drift or do you use momentum? Cuz if you use a lot of throttle, I would sudgest using cheaper new tires (but still expensive compared to the next option), and if you use momentum I would say use tires from the used tire bin (no holes, no bubbles of course). Go with a 15" wheel in the rear (better cheap/free sizes availiable).

Comment

[edited] you give mustang owners a very bad name. anyways get some Metric Caliente tires for the rear, cheap as shiz and smoke more than JunpoweR's blunts. also get a 8.8 disc brake rear end from a GT. at this rate you'll have tires that suck more than the motor and a good LSD. thats the only way your 145 hp 3600 lb beast is going to oversteer ever.

Comment

I feel dumber just for reading that.

There's no such thing as a drift tire. Assuming you're for real, (which I pray to the gods that you are not) you will want a 300+ wear rating (that xxxR on the sidewall) on your rear tires.

Comment

hey, better response than th last time...

aright aright, some good n great advice, thanksxz much, n yeah iKnew th thing was heavy but iDidn kno tit was <i>that</i> (3500) heavy... n yeah we have 15`s on therre aredy so we jus need some junk rims n junkyard tires f what we do, kause he uses momentum II do all his stuff, iHafta get im II use mure throttle kontrol during from now on, but then weve only been driftin Ince, n f a total of 20 minits kombine maybe... yeah but uh, abou th bit sayin iGive mustang ownersxz a bad name a whaver, iDon own th thing,... if anathin ill be givin S14 owners a bad name when iFinally find me I...

but yeah well be lookin inII LSD stuff n if we kould afford II replace th transmission a trade th kar in, we wouldve aredy, but we do kno we need that option asap. thanks f th helps all, im goin off II look for some a these treads mentioned.

Comment

Who on earth abreviates "to" with roman numerals? listen dude, if you want to be taken seriously on any forum, or in life in general you need to learn to communicate in the standard way we have all agreed on. At least put forth an effort to make your typing standard english and not some 12 year old's AIM fantasy typing. Trust me, i am 20 years old and I WAS using the internet when i was 12, i learned to type rapidly in normal english, you can do the same. So please do. You dont understand how difficult it is to read that. I have an easier time reading shakesperean english then your version.

And to the poster who threatened to shoot him.. Yeah i know how you feel but please no personal threats on the board.

Just consider this a warning about your crazy typing from a moderator...

Comment

how about toyo proxes! i think there good.
                          but aren't they like illegal for street?

Comment

Why so much l337 and tits? I know you can type normal,sometimes it looked like you forgot you were typing in l337 and managed to type a normal sentence.It's so much more efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by TireFrier
                              if you ever post a thread typing like that again i'll #$#$#.
                              tryiian, might wanna take your ZIP outta your profile

"Its like he's trying to talk to me but I can't understand what he's saying" -Marlin, Nemo's father.

Comment

Working...
                              X