No announcement yet.

Can a stock 240SX drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talking out of your a$$= unsubstantiated claims of knowledge with broad general terms used to cover up depth and detail of said subject.

DRIFTING as you put it in your terms is sliding something sideways. Which is VERY broad and does says nothing about DRIFTing the sport, which the question was focused on.

DRIFTing the sport, is about racing. It is about taking correct lines and getting the car sideways in the process of doing so. By what you said, none of this applies.

Comment

NUMBER ONE---and lets all try to get this clear...

DRIFTING IS NOT RACING--never was, never will be.

It is an exhibition of skill.

The actual question starting the thread was whether or not a STOCK 240 could drift---the answer is unequivocably YES.. and I repeat, ANY car can be drifted--this includes busses, golf carts, ford model T's etc etc.

Public schools have let us all down again. Not only do interweb users not understand proper grammar, they also are increasingly incompetent in simple reading skills and basic logic.

If you don't like what I had to say in the rest of the post, then go ahead and refute it---but you better present a well thought out and logically cohesive response. I suggest sleeping on it. You are going to need the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by jboss
        unequivocably
        You mean unequivocally.

Comment

yes

Comment

RE:

Touche.

And a little more on topic, my friend and I drifted a power wheels once...

Comment

kids tried to step up to my spelling skillz and got O\/\/|\|3|)

Comment

I will never bring spelling into question---never was any good at spelling. Only in a handful of situations will spelling mistakes cause logical fallacies.

My father is a nuclear physicist/mathemetician(probably not spelled correctly either) and has never been able to spell. I guess I inherited that gene..........

Comment

Originally posted by jboss
                  (probably not spelled correctly either)
                  Stick to being a mathematician.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                    Stick to being a mathematician.
                    werd

...what was the saying... a simple answer for a complicated question.

Comment

thats all you have to say nightwalker??

Comment

re:

"NUMBER ONE---and lets all try to get this clear...
                        DRIFTING IS NOT RACING--never was, never will be.
                        It is an exhibition of skill."

OK...... First of all, I don't think that ANYBODY in this board has EVER made more of an a$$ out of themselves than you did in that statement...

Time to take you back to school buddy.....
                        OK Drifting in its Purest form, in Japan is RACING!!
                        If you Knew ANYTHING about this "exhibition of skill" as you put it, you would know a little history about the SPORT. It originated in Japan in the mountains.. *Japanese Translation* Touge=Mountain Pass) Drivers would drive as fast as they could going up and down the mountains while racing (Grip Racing today) Drivers started to get their cars sideways while going through the corners, and it started to be known as "cool".
                        HOWEVER drifting IS the FASTEST way through a turn!

There are 2 types of drifts...
                        1)Racing Drift (the fastest way through a turn
                        2)Show Drift (the exhibition of skill that you pointed out earlier).

Drifting allows you to maintain cornering speed and leave the turn with a HIGHER exit speed therefore drifting is the fastest way through a turn Maybe not how you see it here in the states or on Option Video, because that is D1, and D1 is a SHOW TYPE of drift! But if you get into history, and the pure form of the sports, you will see that the statement that you made was obnoxious, and that you have just been OWNED! It is OK, there is no need to cry, or call the police, it is just something that happens to people when they don't research before they open their mouths.

If you have an argument to that statement there, then PLEASE post it up, because i would like to hear this..

Thank you, have a nice day
                        Last edited by driftaholic; 12-02-2003, 12:25 AM.

Comment

JBOSS, do you know what "Hako-Suka" is?

Comment

a sport hippies play with a small bag of beans?

Comment

Do you know who Kunimitsu Takahashi is?

Comment

Let me guess---he likes to play with the bean bag kicking things?

Comment

Working...
                                X