Real Norcal Drifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Norcal Drifters

Well to the real drifters in norcal just wanted to let you guys know about NCDA (www.ncda.net) they are the only norcal drift event providers. They're recent two events (July 3rd and upcoming sept 5th) have shown lack of participation from the norcal drifters. They still let the 20 drivers that signed up for july 3rd drive still even though they were losing money. We got a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* load of time out on the track and a ton of fun. The upcoming event on sept 5th is now cancelled because only 16 drivers signed up. Whats up w/ that? I know there are a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* load of drifters in Norcal but no one wants to taking to the next level? or are most norcal just talk? Im really sad to see that no one goes to a drift event in norcal when socal has a endless number of people signing up to events.

I know that the track that NCDA is using is not the best track for drifting but its the only thing we have for now. The pavement is bad but will be fixed. Also not all of the pavement is bad the skid pad still has enough room to learn stuff and is perfect for beginners which most of us are probably. The high speed course does have walls but the pavement is good. You can drift the first turn w/o worrying about walls. Then its up to you if you want to do the last S turn on the high speed because it has walls. You can attempt by going slower and just taking the last turn if you feel uncomfortable.

Well the main reason why i posted this is because i dont want NCDA to stop what they are doing. I love the track time even though the track isnt the best track. Its still track time.

I hear ya bro. My friend was one of those 16 that signed up he was sort of pissed. I would've but my FD isn't ready yet and I'm also working on a 240 just waiting on the sr20.

Comment

i didnt know that there is a track in norcal....

Comment

Originally posted by sochinkyeyes
        i didnt know that there is a track in norcal....
        Now you know...

Along with Infineon, Laguna Seca and Thunderhill...

-Al

Comment

So this is all norcal has? Im really starting to think most of norcal are a bunch of drift posers. I also posted this thread to get some insight on whats up w/ norcal so post your thoughts.

Comment

I just moved up to nor cal three days ago and I have only seen one car set up for drifting, and the guy didnt drift!@!!!! He had a dope a$$ fc with a ull on wie body kit. but he has never touched a track, he was a dragger. I agree, most everyone in nor cal are posers!!!! dont buy a 240 if you arent going to drift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A question on my mind is what percentage of the recent troubles with event enrollment are due to the venue, and what percentage is due to general apathy among the drivers? Drift Day 6 filled up fast and was incredibly waitlisted, so at least a year ago there were plenty of people wanting to enter events.

Comment

i would go but i dont have the money or decent car set-up. My suspension is shot on my 240 plus school just started so i really need to stay concentrated on that. I'll be drifting...... just not any time soon. I might go and watch though.

Comment

Originally posted by Slonie
                  A question on my mind is what percentage of the recent troubles with event enrollment are due to the venue, and what percentage is due to general apathy among the drivers? Drift Day 6 filled up fast and was incredibly waitlisted, so at least a year ago there were plenty of people wanting to enter events.
                  That is true but norcal doesnt really have much of a drift scene. Sure there are track events and autox's but no drift events. NCDA set this up w/ their own money and they dont make squat out of it at all. NCDA is trying to start a drift scene in norcal. They have tried to get other tracks but the prices to rent thoughs tracks are expensive and would cost the drivets 150 or more. They have also tried to rent parking lots but again the price would be expensive and most people dont want their parking lots messed up.

I drove in DD6 in SF and i signed up right away. Yes it did fill fast. I heared that the parking lot was messed up pretty bad and has banned drifting there. I also heared that they were going to sue drift day unless they paid extra for the damage. Yah about a year ago people wanted to enter which makes me wonder why no one wants to enter now.

Comment

They can go somewhere else for free to have fun and drift...

Comment

Originally posted by doorifto
                      I just moved up to nor cal three days ago and I have only seen one car set up for drifting, and the guy didnt drift!@!!!! He had a dope a$$ fc with a ull on wie body kit. but he has never touched a track, he was a dragger. I agree, most everyone in nor cal are posers!!!! dont buy a 240 if you arent going to drift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what part of the bay you live in ???
                      And I dont think everyone is a drifter..Esp in the streets.
                      Well you shouldnt talk down on nor cal people since U live here now..Why dont you come out and show me some skills then..
                      I know you didnt see my Non turbo FC 89 white GTUs It says DRIFT on the rear and I do drift it..Got impounded for it 2 almost 3 times in 5 weeks!! now you wonder why you dont see people drifting around public streets often..And since you just moved here 3 days ago I dont think you gave enough time to see some drifto action..Trust me there plenty of drifters up here..Just wait or go to some NCDA.NET events!!

Comment

Originally posted by doorifto
                        dont buy a 240 if you arent going to drift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        What are you talkin about guy?????? Thats like saying "Don't buy a Subaru WRX if you're not going to Rally race" or "Don't buy a Civic if you're not going to rice it out"

Comment

Originally posted by DV_S13SIlvia
                          What are you talkin about guy?????? Thats like saying "Don't buy a Subaru WRX if you're not going to Rally race" or "Don't buy a Civic if you're not going to rice it out"

hahaha

how about

Don't buy a COW if you're not gonna MILK IT!=D

Comment

Originally posted by PhoPower
                            They can go somewhere else for free to have fun and drift...
                            Yes that may be so but is it worth the risk?

What i think doorifto was trying to get at was that most of the people now a days who buy 240s just want to be part of whats in. Kind of like how civic and integras were the in thing. You can link this to the prices of ae86s now a days. Before you could find them for well under 1k but not anymore.

Comment

I've always liked the Ae86 Toyotas.. what makes them so popular? Cheap, Lightweight, and rear wheel drive? Lots of aftermarket? I don't know *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* 'bout Toyota's...

And thunderhill isn't really a driftworthy place anyways, is it? The All Nissan/Datsun meet this year (Aka the "Shasta" Show) met at Thunderhill raceway for a track day.. pass spec, and voila, you're on the track. Sounds very cool, I will most likely attend next year!
                              ((Shasta Pics! www.510garage.com/photos ))

Difference between Norcal and SoCal. Think about it. You've got the entire bottom half of California is solid towns, while 25% of northern Cali is desert farmland and treeeeees. I think that's the reason... more people, more cars, more money down south... more babes, too, I hear. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X