No announcement yet.

Street Legal Jdm Cars Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like i had posted earlier california is the exception to the rule state.
    the closest city to us with emmisions testing is chicago and if we were to have it tested there and then sent to you its more then likely still not going to pass due to your higher smog regulations.
    as far as d.o.t approval it only has to be approved in our state since thats where it will be titled from now saying that you will get a title with your car that is registered to D-stage as a company and when you get that you can take it to your dmv and transfer it to your name. thats why i mentioned the title transfer earlier.
    and yes once the vehicle has passed approval here and has its VIN and title we ship the car to your door.
    now if you likve in california we really have no way of guaranting its going to pass emissions because of the foresaid reason. all we can do is double cat the exhaust.
    so when i say "street legal and d.o.t approved" i mean that it has a working title and VIN number. so if you are pulled over you dont have to worry about your vehicle being taken away.
    ive been pulled over in mine twice already.
    and yes the d.o.t is federal but each state has its own regulations for titleing.

Comment

so what cars do you guys have now? can i get a quote on some cars

Comment

What exactly are you wanting to be quoted? Ive got a big list in front of me. Send me an email at JDM_Cars01@yahoo.com

Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrift
          What exactly are you wanting to be quoted? Ive got a big list in front of me. Send me an email at JDM_Cars01@yahoo.com

Jordan
          you should type up the list of vehicles and prices, therefore saving you alot of e-mails and making it easier for us...(not trying to sound like an A**

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrift

Jordan
            how much you want for a fc3s? (they all come turbo)

Comment

Do you guys have a website or something other than just E-MAIL? Have you sold cars before or are you just going around to all the car forums and telling them of this? Oh and can you answer some of DomLee's questions, I'm curious too on most of the things he said but not in the sense of bashing or being rude. Thanks!

Comment

DomLee is correct. These guys are likely cheating.

The reason they are so insistent on mentioning state laws regarding titles and issuing VINs and ignoring the Federal laws is because you can register and title a JDM car through your state DMV if you cheat.

By cheating, I mean bringing in a sillhouette - an S13 or S14 Silvia, a Toyota Celica GT4, etc., something that looks like and shares a nameplate with a US-legal car. When you take the sillhouette car to the state DMV and apply for a new title and VIN, the DMV or it's agent (State Patrol in Washington state, for instance) will check the car for basic safety and emissions data. Because the cheaters will usually use a VIN from a wrecked 240SX or Celica GT or whatnot, and because the vehicle shows up in the DMV database, the assumption will be that the vehicle is a modified US-legal car. At that point, you can get it titled, insured, registered, whatever.

In most states, you can and will get away with this for however long you own the car. However, in some states, such as California, and states that have adopted CARB regulations, you will, at some point or the other, get caught. Same goes for living in any major metropolitan area that requires emissions testing - if you pass the tailpipe sniffer, you can still fail the visual part of it if your emissions equipment does not match what the inspector expects to see. In CARB states, the red flags will be raised immedietly by simply having an engine that does not "technically" belong there.

While I know people who have cheated and brought over cars and have them titled, registered and insured, they have done it knowing full well the risks associated. Trying to sell non-federalized vehicles to starry-eyed kids with more cash then sense is unethical and really low, simply because they won't be buying something that is legal, and they will always run the risk of getting caught and impounded and out thousands of dollars.

While I'm sure there will be excited kids throwing emails at you and requesting all manner of esoteric exotica, hopefully most people here will have better sense. The only way people who actually know about importation rules will believe you is if you can prove you are a federally recognized Registered Importer (Only RIs can legalize cars for the US market), and provide proof that the cars you are selling have been federalized.

Comment

THANK YOU DOM!! You are 100% correct!

It breaks my heart to see a fellow Hoosier post such utter nonsense.

The ONLY way to drive a Silvia (or many other JDM cars) in the states is to have it registered with corporate sponsorship. In otherwords it has to be registered by a company. This would be like for shows, racing or advertisement. The downside of that is that there is a limit to the number of miless it can drive annually. This is bogus horse crap.

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm
                    THANK YOU DOM!! You are 100% correct!

It breaks my heart to see a fellow Hoosier post such utter nonsense.

The ONLY way to drive a Silvia (or many other JDM cars) in the states is to have it registered with corporate sponsorship. In otherwords it has to be registered by a company. This would be like for shows, racing or advertisement. The downside of that is that there is a limit to the number of miless it can drive annually. This is bogus horse crap.
                    True, and not true.

The only way to drive a silvia in the states is like what you said pretty much. Although, Skylines are legally drivable in the US through Motorex. Other than that, only jdm cars 25yrs + or the Skyline is legally drivable in the US. Even then, i'm not sure if JDM cars 25+ years are eligible for registration. But for sure, the only JDM car i know of that is legally registerable in the US is the Skyline through Motorex.

Comment

I didn't intend to say ALL JDM cars have to be done the way I described. Sure the Skylines can be registered through Motorex, but even they are not doing it right now. The way I mentioned above works for ALL cars and is MUCH cheaper than via Motorex.

Note that NO ONE does R34s, late model R33s, Silvias, 180SXes and such, but they CAN be driven with corporate sponsorship.

BTW I did a little search and discovered JDMdrift's name associated with WorksYamaguchi. If I am not mistaken....there have been a few problems with that company. Don't go spending a wad of money hoping to get anyJDM cars through this guy...you might get bit on the rear.
                      Last edited by phantasm; 01-28-2005, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Actually, Motorex does R32-R34s...

So yea they do bring r34s here in the US and legalizes them as well.

EDIT: http://www.motorex.net/skyline.html taken shows the 3 skylines they can import.

Comment

screw the redtape, just get yourself a car that is available here and be happy with it. why waste so much time on this thread anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                            screw the redtape, just get yourself a car that is available here and be happy with it. why waste so much time on this thread anyway?
                            They feel that driving RHD cars makes them true JDM Hardcore drivers. Or they just would love to have a RHD, which i'm sure is everyone's wish. If they have the money let them do so, if they want to go through some problems of having a RHD car, let them be. ITs all up to each persone's style and taste and the depth of their pockets.

Comment

The website needs to be updated. Note that it lists NEW R34s. The last year those were produced was 2001. I think they are currently NOT legalizing any. You notice that their stock includes NONE newer than 1995. Those cars were converted PRIOR to their latest woes.
                              Originally posted by C2 Powerhaus
                              They feel that driving RHD cars makes them true JDM Hardcore drivers.
                              Actually I think it is just the novelty of cars that you can't get. Who wouldn't want a GTR whether it was LHD, RHD or backseatD? They are truly great cars. The same with an S15 Silvia. They are nice cars that NO ONE can get in the USA. THAT makes them more attractive.
                              Last edited by phantasm; 01-28-2005, 02:52 AM.

Comment

The website needs to be updated. Note that it lists NEW R34s. The last year those were produced was 2001. They are currently NOT legalizing any.

Actually I think it is just the novelty of cars that you can't get. Who wouldn't want a GTR whether it was LHD, RHD or backseatD? They are truly great cars. The same with an S15 Silvia. They are nice cars that NO ONE can get in the USA. THAT makes them more attractive.
                                Werd.<br>
                                <br>
                                Anyway back to the topic, Set up a list with what you can import "legally"

Comment

Working...
                                X