Go Back   DRIFTING.com > DRIFTING Technique > DRIFTING Technique Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Toyota Soarer

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-03-2005, 11:14 AM   #51
DriftingNewbie
poser

SCs never came with V6s, all I6 and V8's. And yes, its not a bad idea to slap a turbo and head gasket on the stock SC300s and have ur self a turbo one, but the components inside the motor arn't built to handel as much power as a stock 2jzgte. Yea, I believe the JDM Sc300 turbo/twinturbo (think they came in both) did come with a 1jz. (side note, thats what uneo is running.)
DriftingNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:08 PM   #52
DriftGirl
HighSider

build up the V8 and beat up on boosted cars stoplight-to-stoplight
DriftGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #53
drunkcarlos

In stock form... 91-96 models (zenki(91-94 before minor change) and chuki (95-96 middle of minor change)) 2.5L turbo Soarers are twin turbos. (twin CT12A turbines, that will blow real easy once the boost is turned up past 1.0kg for prolonged periods of time due to wonderful ceramic blade turbines ...spools fast though) I believe from 97 to the end of jzz30 body .. I think 2000 or 2001 (kouki (97+ after minor change)) they changed over to VVTi and single turbine (CT26 if I remember correctly) These engines correspond to the same Chaser/Cresta/MarkII of 90 and 100 series engines as well. 90= twin trubo 100=VVTi with single turbo.

If your lucky enough to find one... JZX90 cpu is same cpu as JZZ30 so if you find a front clip with cpu and harness from JZX90 it will work as it is the same cpu/harness to engine. likewise jzx90 power fc or fcon will work for soarer as well. just some things to ponder anyways good luck.

Last edited by drunkcarlos; 02-17-2005 at 11:53 PM.
drunkcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:49 PM   #54
DriftingNewbie
poser

ok, what does zenki and chuki mean?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #55
Leroy0053

he means zenki-older kouki- newer
Leroy0053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:11 PM   #56
VuDuDoc
Monkey Works DS

Send a message via AIM to VuDuDoc Send a message via Yahoo to VuDuDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcarlos
In stock form... 91-96 models (zenki(91-94 before minor change) and chuki (95-96 middle of minor change)) 2.5L turbo Soarers are twin turbos. (twin CT12A turbines, that will blow real easy once the boost is turned up past 1.0kg for prolonged periods of time due to wonderful ceramic blade turbines ...spools fast though) I believe from 97 to the end of jzz30 body .. I think 2000 or 2001 (kouki (97+ after minor change)) they changed over to VVTi and single turbine (CT26 if I remember correctly) These engines correspond to the same Chaser/Cresta/MarkII of 90 and 100 series engines as well. 90= twin trubo 100=VVTi with single turbo.

If your lucky enough to find one... JZX90 cpu is same cpu as JZZ30 so if you find a front clip with cpu and harness from JZX90 it will work as it is the same cpu/harness to engine. likewise jzx90 power fc or fcon will work for soarer as well. just some things to ponder anyways good luck.
not to jack the thread but im in the middle of dropping in the vvti motor in my 92....Then i will blow driftgirls doors off . but i ran into a snag.....the damn driveline from the SC300 (2jz NA 5sp) is smaller....you got any info regard the yolk i can use? aside from that the wiring needs about 3more feet. other than that ... im cruising along with the swap...this is all at about 8 hours worth of work.

to keep with thread. i have some new seats to lighten the load. and will be gutting the interior. when i yanked the engine i was able to push the clip around fairly easy....but can easily tell that alot of the weight are those motors.
VuDuDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:21 PM   #57
DriftGirl
HighSider

Custom driveline...will cut down on rotating mass (vs stock) as well. Should be around 700.00 or so

Oh yeah....Bring it, its lonley at the top
Old 02-26-2005, 11:46 AM   #58
VuDuDoc
Monkey Works DS

All is well....im working on mine last night...basically noting all the differences and basically got all the quirks worked out. gonna be a good write and hopefully i get another project car..... ill pass on the driveline as for a grand id be more inclined for lsd upgrade or turbo mods.

np.... ill be happy to take over tops.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:15 PM   #59
DriftGirl
HighSider

It's a performance upgrade and saves hella weight (carbon shaft) ..... LSD will more than make up for it tho

Gonna be ready for the NWN meet?

** Oh, Can't beat me with my own style....But the company is welcome
Old 02-26-2005, 09:14 PM   #60
GranMastrDrift

Send a message via AIM to GranMastrDrift
I would hate be at the top of the totem pole, thats were all the birds land and crap on you LOL
GranMastrDrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #61
VuDuDoc
Monkey Works DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Gonna be ready for the NWN meet? Oh, Can't beat me with my own style
im trying to get it all sorted out in time and hope to be there with the project completed. the engin was pretty much installed today and now is all the accessories and wiring. hopefully the driveline will be completed also. style....hmmmmm

Quote:
I would hate be at the top of the totem pole, thats were all the birds land and crap on you LOL
though if smart you will always bring an umbrella or a shovel.....
Old 02-27-2005, 04:24 AM   #62
DriftGirl
HighSider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranMastrDrift
I'm the bird
Old 02-27-2005, 04:29 AM   #63
DriftGirl
HighSider

Cool!! I hope it gets done by then...its really close, so work hard!! You can always take the shaft to a driveline shop (kind that specialize in custom 4x4 trucks) to get your stock one sorted out, They do that type of stuff all the time.

I dont think people realize how rare the swap that youre doing is ...
Old 03-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #64
balutsc300
User

sc3005spd

wow didnt know alot of people wanted a 5spd sc300 lucky i got mine 2 years ago haha although i wouldnt practice drifting on it till i got some experience
balutsc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #65
DriftingNewbie
poser

Quote:
oh yeah....Bring it, its lonley at the top
Ya have to admire someone who has the balls to say that.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:06 AM   #66
bk3896

i dont know dude, i couldn't really admire a girl with balls, but thats just me ya know.
bk3896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #67
DriftingNewbie
poser

Yeah...looking a little to hard into that one.

But hey, dg, can you post some action pics of ur soarer?
Old 03-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #68
DomLee

I would love to take my SC300 to a drifting event.

Need to figure out a way to handle the "weak" transmission before I can do this. I heard about swapping the Getrag 6-speed...but if I'm doing that. Then, I may as well do a 2JZ-GTE swap as well.
DomLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:26 PM   #69
ferny

yeah if youre thinking about making ur sc300/400 a manual tranny might as well do a 1jzgte or a 2jzgte swap those things are sexy. jay from driftspeed has a clean sc with a 1jzgte its sexy
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #70
DomLee

Actually...my SC300 is a manual. I was told that the transmission (W58) will not take that much abuse (from the guys at RPS Clutch). So I'm trying to figure out what my options are. Getrag 6-speed would screw up my speedometer and if I'm doing this...I'm going w/ 2JZ. However,...it is also really expensive.

Hmm...not sure what to do at this moment.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:09 PM   #71
VuDuDoc
Monkey Works DS

Quote:
Cool!! I hope it gets done by then...its really close, so work hard!! You can always take the shaft to a driveline shop (kind that specialize in custom 4x4 trucks) to get your stock one sorted out, They do that type of stuff all the time.

I dont think people realize how rare the swap that youre doing is ...
nope i dont think they do... .. well here it is in all its splendor. One of the firsts . I am really happy with the overall turn out...now come more tuning items and kit and its on...plus need to clean the motor.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2005, 11:36 PM   #72
GranMastrDrift

Send a message via AIM to GranMastrDrift
so fast sooooo fast hehe thanks for the ride lou lol i have something and someone to look up to now that tim is gone lol
GranMastrDrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 PM   #73
topsecret2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomLee
I would love to take my SC300 to a drifting event.

Need to figure out a way to handle the "weak" transmission before I can do this. I heard about swapping the Getrag 6-speed...but if I'm doing that. Then, I may as well do a 2JZ-GTE swap as well.
the tranny is a weak point but the getrag is waaay overkill unless you're planning on a 500hp+ car...

The JDM 5spd is what you want but they're hard to find...

BTW, a sub 3000lb SC/Soarer is possible with some gutting, carbon fiber parts, and a titanium exhaust. I don't think Driftgirl is right about the doors though...they're suuuper heavy. The Vertex ones cost about $8000 but they're drycarbon which isn't practical or affordable for most people. A company called SWAT makes FR and wet carbon doors that are much cheaper and should help enough. Lexan door windows would help alot also. GTP products suck and it would be interesting to actually see how much weight their CF trunk saves...I doubt it's much. I reccomend the Varis CF hood ( www.varisusa.com) as it's great quality and very lightweight.
topsecret2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #74
DomLee

JDM 5-speed huh? It is going to be extremely hard to find.

Not many 5-speed Soarers in Japan either, so that makes it difficult already. But I don't have any info on the JDM 5-speed.

Do any of you guys have any info on the tranny? Want to know more about it now as I've NEVER heard of it being used in a US car.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:17 PM   #75
topsecret2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuDuDoc
nope i dont think they do... .. well here it is in all its splendor. One of the firsts . I am really happy with the overall turn out...now come more tuning items and kit and its on...plus need to clean the motor.
so stock looking....yet under the hood, sooooo sexay! I plan on doing the same swap with a few bolt-ons....with that, weight reduction, and good suspension, the sc can be a hell of a car
topsecret2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: