D1GP WHAT's GOING ON?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP WHAT's GOING ON?!?!?!

I knew that that D1 cancel they're USA series this year but I keep on hearing that theirs been drama lately behind the scenes. And now I'm reading in Super Street there is a new D1 President taking charge of business. All I'm asking is wtf is all these issues with D1?? Any takers that knows the 4-1-1???

Orido is set to compete in D1 round 5

Comment

A new president?

This could be really good depending on who it is.

You have to remember, Ds club is all about making DVDs and magazines. D1 in general was made to sell more DVDs and magazines at the end of the days. Drifting is getting damn serious in japan competition wise, probably alot more then FD. All top 32 drivers are on the same level unlike the skill gaps in FD.

Some people talk about D1 being stage and blaming it on KT when it was really Daijiros business decisions that force some drivers to leave. Certain drivers / sponsors being favorited for the sake of $$$$ probably. A lot of D1 drivers also wanted TV which they were not getting in japan. This new president is news to me, but I can only see it as a positive thing......

Comment

Originally posted by Shift_Vip View Post
        Orido is set to compete in D1 round 5
        That's surprising since he has been gone for a while and doing this thing with MSC.

Comment

Everyone who has gone to work for the D1 organization here in the US has walked away shaking their head months / years later when they left. As much as I'd like to believe that a new President would help them, I feel that any change in personnel is only lipservice to try and convince drivers and sponsors to come back.

Comment

This is truly unfortunate.

It was poised for such success but I think it might be too late. They should have struck before Formula D ensnared the base. They could have. It was THAT close.

Having a HQ on the other side of the pool and a US office the size of a glovebox didn't help.

Thank god for Formula D.

Comment

i really do not think the drifting is "staged". i mean, they are really good, but sometimes some of them just pull off some amazing stuff and the judges just have to award the win to that driver. and even if it is staged, it just shows how good the drivers are. But I would not doubt that there is favoritism. Like when a run is so close that they give it to say nomura or kumakubo if they are against some one who ussually does not drive as good. and when the run is close and the underdog looked like he had a slightly better run, they just call for a one more time until hopefully he fails and the "better" drive moves on instead of awarding the win to the other driver after the first two runs.
              Know what I mean.

Comment

Go drive and have fun!

Stop speculating and go to Federal-Dai's Drift Academy!

Comment

I just want to hang out with Wakamatsu again....

Comment

driftslayer - hearsay is hearsay and I hear you say a lot of biased crap. As far as D1 in the USA all I have to say is "the proof is in the pudding". Is D1 usa going to treat their sponsors any better than before? Are they going to have more than 1 judge? Do you have any real facts to back up your "grapevine" statements? Do you have personal issue with Formula Drift? It sure sounds like you do.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by driftslayer
                      The Irwindale event is now being debated. Formula D scheduled the Red Bull World Championships in Long Beach a week prior to the D1 event and that has thrown a wrench into things. I am told D1 is really pissed about this, as it is a deliberate move on Formula D's part. They are even more pissed because Formula D has not included D1 in the Red Bull World Championships. I heard D1 offered to send the top 10 D1 drivers from Japan along with the D1 judges and to be involved in making the event fair for world competition, but Formula D has denied those requests.
                      When did D1 actually set the date in November? I've been checking their site for months.

Even today, this is what it says: "2008 November D1 Grand Prix ALL Star World Championship to take place at Irwindale Speedway. D1 Grand Prix announces the All Star World Championship at Irwindale speedway is scheduled to take place in November 2008. Please stay tuned to in the upcoming months, for all the details."

That's been like that for more a long time, probably at least 8 months. Since it's already August, wouldn't D1 need more than 2 months to promote the event. Why can't D1 run their event still in November? This would be the perfect excuse for D1 to not have the event they weren't going to have anyways.

The feeling in Japan is that Formula D is scared to face D1 drivers, Formula D knows their drivers cannot win and they are making sure that the judging, the format and the competition leans towards Formula D heavily in order to gain a greater following in this made for T.V. event. How can this event be called a World Championship without D1?
                      Didn't Vaughn Gittin, Jr, a FORMULA D driver, win the D1 event last year in Irwindale? That was some bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* drifting by the way.

There are some D1 drivers in FORMULA D, isn't there? There's a few who have jumped ships, right?

The other thing being talked about is that Formula D drivers and Formula D management are already talking in secret about not having the drivers participate in D1 next year in an obvious move by Formula D Management out of fear and greed and by the Formula D drivers for the same reasons. I guess we will see how all of this plays out
                      Man, you sure seem to have inside track in the world of drifting. You know all the classified and top secret information.

People forget that there is also a business side to drifting. If I was a Formula D owner, I wouldn't let my drivers drive for anyone else either. I have to protect my entity. What would I have to gain? Maybe if you paid me to borrow my driver I would. The cost exceeds the benefit.

Comment

Driftslayers information is about 55% correct

I think its talked about if the latest version of import tuner or super street (which ever as the article with Tony Angelo's RX8).

A lot of speculation, but some of what he is saying is kinda true.

Comment

driftslayer...............why would FD cross promote D1 after what they did to the FD founders back in 2003

ask your friend about the guys who put together the first D1 USA event

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemilfs View Post
                            driftslayer...............why would FD cross promote D1 after what they did to the FD founders back in 2003

ask your friend about the guys who put together the first D1 USA event
                            +1 to that..... I'll tell you what D1 did - They did the exact same thing they have done to every company that has ever helped / sponsored / worked / collaborated with them. They stabbed them in the back. Where's that great Japanese honor and samurai spirit? It sure ain't with D1.

Want to see a great business model of how to ruin a sure thing? Look at D1 USA.

Comment

Where's driftslayer at?

Comment

Working...
                              X