No announcement yet.

RWD Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this one time I found a thread over a year old an answered the question in it as my first post lol.

Originally posted by Kris1987
    I tell you one thing. The esiest way to make rwd from fwd car is to buying an rwd car, may be crashed but best will be if only the body would be damagade, you will need a someon who make you a new propeler shaft and....i dont know how this is in elnglish, im from europe....those rods from diferential which they going to the whels, you know what i mean, this is easy if you have some time and money(dont need to much anyway ). Like that you can make rwd from any car, but You must remember that you wont fit 6 liter v12 into smal, compact car, but v8 should fit in most cars. Im thinking to make something like that for myself using a bmw parts, they cheper here in europe and they engines are one of the best in its class.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris1987
      I tell you one thing. The esiest way to make rwd from fwd car is to buying an rwd car, may be crashed but best will be if only the body would be damagade, you will need a someon who make you a new propeler shaft and....i dont know how this is in elnglish, im from europe....those rods from diferential which they going to the whels, you know what i mean, this is easy if you have some time and money(dont need to much anyway ). Like that you can make rwd from any car, but You must remember that you wont fit 6 liter v12 into smal, compact car, but v8 should fit in most cars. Im thinking to make something like that for myself using a bmw parts, they cheper here in europe and they engines are one of the best in its class.
      You need to use these before you post again:

http://dictionary.reference.com/
      http://www.funbrain.com/grammar/

Comment

Bluebird is an Altima, with an SR in it.

Comment

you all need to give the guy a break we took a 1984 audi s 5000 and converted it torwd with a 440 chrysler for power in my brothers home garage yes it is a lot of work but a competent mechanic and welder can do it ONT="Garamond"][/FONT]

Comment

If your hearts set on having a RWD Maxima, there is one way to do it for about 5 grand. (besides the price of the car) First you'd need your Maxima obviously. Suspend the vehicle up by it's body from underneath, remove the front and rear subframes...anything suspension, drivetrain oriented. Then take measurements of subframe mounting point to mounting point. (much like what a frame/body shop would do to check the correctness of the subframe/body alignment.) After doing this go to any fabricating shop that can make custom frames or chassis'. Give them your measurements and specs and have you a tube chassis built. You can use a 300ZX rear diff and trailing arm crossmember for the rear and use a basic double wishbone setup up front. Since your strut mounts would still be on the body of your vehicle you could even use 300zx hubs/strut assembly. Your options are almost limitless when it comes to what you want to use. As far as engines go, if you wanted to retain the stock dash and firewall you wouldn't be able to use anything bigger than a 4cyl due to lack of space. If your gutting it for Drift or Race you can always rework the firewall and throw you a RB or whatever in there. You could even use a AWD engine and transaxle and have the chassis set up for an AWD system, not really much more work...just tabs and crossmembers. Then you could use your front hubs. So not much is wasted. After the engine and chassis are mated and ready to go under the car, just bolt them up to your sub frame mounting points, hook up wiring, and your brake lines. Last but not least you'll have to make yourself a drive shaft tunnel through the vehicle. But that's nothing. End result will be a much better set up than anything you could have ever achieved by modding factory parts. I know their Nissan parts...but damn, there's only so much factory parts can do. Not only will your car be lighter by a few lbs, but more balanced since the frame runs the length of the car. Also allows to custom offset wheels as well so you get that pie pan deep dish look.

I helped a friend of mine do this to his

Comment

Working...
            X