No announcement yet.

RX7 stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are alot of online explinations of rotarys. Just google "rotary diagram" "rotary explination" etc....

Comment

yeah google is good for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
        oh geez...I was kidding. I guess this time they are going to take a stock RX-8 and have it beat a R34. sigh.....
        hahaha I know u were kidding....

Comment

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine1.htm

All you need to know.

Comment

yeah i already used how it works or whatever. i am just going to learn about any big problems and how they can be repaired.

Comment

i actually read the information in a super street that talked about replacing the apex seals or something. are the stock ones a big problem?

Comment

no not really it's just a fact of life that the rotary engines need to be rebuilt earlier than most piston motors

Comment

I know this is a horrible comparison but for those of you used to piston engines. Think of the apex seals as a head gasket, for compresion reasons. The ones that come stock are adequate (spelling) but if you are going to rebuild a motor I recommend the 3mm seals, you can get them from alot of rotary shops out there.

Comment

exactly

Comment

i really havent had to many problems wiht my fd yet, knock on wood, ive got quite a few mods, and onece i got my knock sensor, my worriedness(is that even a word) decreased a little, im not saying i go out and raise the boost to 19 for daily driving lol but ya, fds are great i luv mine, but i dnt think many pple should get them, cuz u have to be straight up dedicated

Comment

i really havent had to many problems wiht my fd yet, knock on wood, ive got quite a few mods, and onece i got my knock sensor, my worriedness(is that even a word) decreased a little, im not saying i go out and raise the boost to 19 for daily driving lol but ya, fds are great i luv mine, but i dnt think many pple should get them, cuz u have to be straight up dedicated

Comment

I have heard alot of people say that a safe boost is around 13. The best way to monitor your engine is to get an air/fuel gauge. It is a good warning if your engine is running lean, which is BAD.

Comment

in regards to the 3mm apex seals the reason people use them is they are stronger than 2mm seals therefore more resistant to detonation.
                            but the 2mm apex seals seal better than the 3mm so its a compromise

my engine builder is using rx8 style 2mm seals in my motor, they are ment to be stronger than your normal 2mm seal but seal better than the 3mm

the best apex seals in the world are hurley 2mm seals, they have been designed for race engines and and very strong and also seal very well

Comment

also most a/f gauges are not very good as they are not accurate, and respond to slowly, by the time you notice something on one of them damage is prob already done.

a good option (if you feel you need it) is to get a aftermarket computer with wide band a/f option (wide band a/f is similar to what they use at dynos to keep an eye on your a/f's, this is the best option you can get with out getting professional equipment) most of the top ecu's like microtech, haltech and motec have the wide band option

cheers

Comment

thanks for the info, I am even learning alot

Comment

Working...
                                X