red top sr20det 1/4 mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red top sr20det 1/4 mile

i know this doesnt have to do with drifting but i wanna know what a rps13 runs 1/4 mile with the red top sr20det.

i'll tell you in a couple weeks if you can wait that long

Comment

Re: red top sr20det 1/4 mile

Originally posted by RallyGT
      i know this doesnt have to do with drifting but i wanna know what a rps13 runs 1/4 mile with the red top sr20det.
      You really dont need to say "RPS13" with a sr20, because the P specifies a sr20det motor.. And R isnt nessisary really because the hatch and coupe sore similar it wont really have an effect on quarter mile times, However to answer your question you can expect high 14 second quarter mile times.

Comment

This question is like asking what a Camaro with a LS1 will run... it's all down to the driver, tuning, traction, height above sea level, and weight.

Nissanguy is right... 14s.

Comment

all you guys had to say was "slow"

Comment

Slow is a subjective word, i dont consider 14 seconds in the quarter mile slow. Especialy for a drifter, seems like a decent speed to me. But GRid is right, there are many many factors, however 14s is a good aproximation.

Comment

i agree that 14's is not slow...i mean top end lambos run like 16 in the 1/4....i will tell you guys how the RPS13 runs at 5k ft....when i come back from europe im going to go get a time trial done at our local stip..those times will include dyno charts, slalom, 1/4 mile, and 0-60.....i think that autoX times would be more valuable to a drift machine than 1/4 miles times...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
                [B]i agree that 14's is not slow...i mean top end lambos run like 16 in the 1/4....
                30 seconds with google gave me this, so i can't vouch for it, but...

http://www.dragtimes.com/browse3.php...i&carmodel=all

What's the going rate on an SR swap these days, if you do it yourself?

Last I knew it wasn't that cheap. The real measure isn't the time, it's the time vs. the money invested.

There's guys in canada running 11.06 with a 6,000 dollar scirrocco. Not only is that fast, it's cheap.

Comment

Yeah 14 is slow... If you take the space shuttle to work.
                  Seeing as I have a Porsche 944S that runs high 14s.
                  Feels like a snail pulling a trailer. Wow, this is slower than the Chevette I used to drive... right...

Time for a grip on reality!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Logan
                    Yeah 14 is slow... If you take the space shuttle to work.
                    Seeing as I have a Porsche 944S that runs high 14s.
                    Feels like a snail pulling a trailer. Wow, this is slower than the Chevette I used to drive... right...

Time for a grip on reality!
                    Time for you to man up and awnser my question or not respond. Have you ever been to a dragway? There's many inexpensive ways to run a 14 that are completely suitable for daily driving. I don't see what the connection between you haveing a 944 that runs 14's and me failing to grip reality is.

Upon seraching, I found 4700, 1500, 2150, 1699 all before shipping.

Like I said above, the real measurement of worth is speed vs. cost. If you can have an sr in your car running for 1500 or so bucks, then that's fairly worthwhile. If it's 4700, then it's not at all. My friend is right about 4,000 into a camaro (including the cost of the car) that's running high 12's, and CH will certainly tell you Camaros can be drifted with some success.

Anyway, no it's not mud slow. But it's not that quick either. Assuming I paid more around 1600, I wouldn't feel ripped off but I would sure be looking for some more ponies out of that thing.

Comment

im just askin cuz that is what everyone does in my town....with their stupid civics...2 of them run high 13's tho....
                      there is nobody that likes drifting here...

Comment

What does a stock one lap at Tsukuba?

Comment

wow 14s thats not bad, the 3rd gen rx7 runs i thik 13.8 ish if ur a good driver, i can hit 13s easy now with my mods, i should be in the mid 12s, but i still havent mastered drag racing yet seeing as how its not very important to me, i just like to beat pple underestimating my "non reliable peice of junk" as they say

Comment

i took my sr to the track and posted my fastest time of 14.825 @ 94 mph and slowest 15.3 @ 93 mph my sr redtop is completly stock all the way down to the side mount

Comment

High 14s? maybe with a bad driver

I never really see bone stock sr swaped 240s, most have basic bolt ons, intake, down pipe, test pipe, exhaust

with those, and vlsd, my friend ran a 14.1 @97 2.1 60 stock boost.... now up that to 12 and he is in the 13s with just bolt ons

Comment

Working...
                              X