(PREDICTIONS) FORMULA Drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
    I predict 3 teams will be running the FRS. Greddy/SR, Papadakis/NFS and ASD/Falken. About time to retire that sky and put DMac in a relevant machine.
    There's no way ASD is getting an FR-S. That Sky was just built last season to conform to the new rules.

Plus, any FR-S's would have to be pre-production cars given to them by the manufacturer since they won't be hitting the dealership lots until May. While Papadakis is a possibility due the team's relationship with Scion, I foresee them keeping Aasbo in the tC because it's still a 'current model chassis and to help broaden the marketing efforts. I wouldn't be surprised if Papadakis get's an FR-S before the end of the Summer to start building and testing, but I don't think it will be debuted this season.

I can't see Scion giving a pre-production car to a team they've never worked with before, especially if there's already 3 Scions that will be competing next year (Gushi in FR-S, Aasbo in tC2, Angelo in the old Gushi tC)

So far, there's 3 new confirmed builds:
    - Gushi's FR-S
    - Nishida's SC300
    - Saito's SC430

I've heard mumblings that Sam is building a new chassis for Dean Kearney to drive, but who knows if that is true at this point.

I wish there was more offseason action and more new cars. The sponsor rumors have kicked up the past few weeks, but the new car builds are still pretty slow compared to season's past.

Comment

Its been a while since I stopped by this joint but I wanted to make some predictions myself.

Prediction #1: We will see a repeat of the back and fourth between Dai and JTP. Dai is not changing his car and I cannot see JTP's crew putting him in a different car considering how close he came to snatching the title away from Dai last year.

Prediction #2: Gushi's FR-S chassis will exceed expectations and he will be a bigger threat in the title fight than ever before.

Prediction #3: Rhys is going to stick someone in a Veloster. This person will likely be Rhys' eventual sucessor when he finally decides to back out of drifting and focus 100% on Rally X.

Prediction #4 (Inspired by Jacob/Slapshotnerd): Sam Hubinette Racing (SHR) is building a new 2013 Dodge Charger* for Kearny while the Challenger will get some serious revisions to make it more competitive.

Prediction #5: On advice from his agent J-Rod will debut his new hip hop single "Send-It". Despite mixed reviews from critics the single will shoot to #1 on the billboard charts leading to an eventual collaboration with Justin Bieber and Ludacris.

Prediction #6: Someone will eventually get a picture of Ryan Sage and Jim Liaw holding hands.

Prediction #7: Chris Rado will replace Tony Angleo as the next Formula Drift judge. He will be fired promptly and replaced with Bebop, Bebop will quit because Formula Drift refuses to go with his idea to establish classes. He will then establish his own series called "Super Mega Muscular Fun Time Ultimate Drift Battle Hard Series". The SMMFTUDBH series will de-throne Formula Drift and D1 as the world's premere drift series.

*Changed from Challenger to Charger
      Last edited by MonkeySlide; 01-23-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
        Prediction #3: Rhys is going to stick someone in a Veloster. This person will likely be Rhys' eventual sucessor when he finally decides to back out of drifting and focus 100% on Rally X.

Prediction #4 (Inspired by Jacob/Slapshotnerd): Sam Hubinette Racing (SHR) is building a new 2013 Dodge Challenger for Kearny while the Challenger will get some serious revisions to make it more competitive.
        Do you mean the Genesis? I don't think the Veloster is FD legal...

Also, I think Sam was posting some excitement about the new Dodge Dart. I don't see him building another challenger, more likely to do a Dart when it gets released later this year. I don't think he can get one finished up before the season starts (even if he gets a pre-production one, although he did wonders with that Challenger before), but I'm pretty sure he'll have a demo car that could be easily transformed into a comp car before the end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
          Do you mean the Genesis? I don't think the Veloster is FD legal...

Also, I think Sam was posting some excitement about the new Dodge Dart. I don't see him building another challenger, more likely to do a Dart when it gets released later this year. I don't think he can get one finished up before the season starts (even if he gets a pre-production one, although he did wonders with that Challenger before), but I'm pretty sure he'll have a demo car that could be easily transformed into a comp car before the end of the year
          To my knowledge the Dart is FWD and I believe the Alfa Romeo its based on is also FWD with no AWD or RWD variant which means it is not a canidate for a RWD conversion like the tC was. Perhaps not another challenger but maybe a 2013 Charger? Hmm. I will edit that.

Although I do think there is a KDM version of the Veloster that is AWD. I could be wrong but I heard from a guy who knows a guy so I am not counting that out completely yet.

Either way I think Rhys is going to have more than one car with him in his Genesis and a potential successor in whatever the 2nd car would be.

On another note I believe you will be the photographer to make Prediction #6 happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
            Prediction #5: On advice from his agent J-Rod will debut his new hip hop single "Send-It". Despite mixed reviews from critics the single will shoot to #1 on the billboard charts leading to an eventual collaboration with Justin Bieber and Ludacris.
            I would like to buy a copy of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
              I would like to buy a copy of this.
              So would I my friend, so would I.

Comment

Scion FRS Superbowl commercial featuring Ken Gushi tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                  Scion FRS Superbowl commercial featuring Ken Gushi tonight.
                  looking forward to this!

Comment

Guess not.

Comment

I was feeling that Jerry Sienfeld nsx commercial

That clint eastwood chrysler monologue was touching as well

Comment

40 days until FD round one so please keep posting your predictions

Comment

prediction - gardella isn't drifting this season...

prediction - Falken cars claim 3 of the top 4 spots. It's going to be ASD vs ASD vs ASD vs SPD (Dai's team), with Forsberg / need for speed trying to keep it from being a 1-2-3-4 Falken sweep up top.

Comment

I predict the whole year is going to be a great season.

Lots of unanswered questions on some of the drivers status as of yet, but March I feel will be a lot of updates to give us answers on who is driving what for whom.

Behind The Smoke was such a great success that I'm sure the show will return with Dai. Maybe a few new ones following drivers too?

Tyler McQuarrie was on fire the entire weekend in Irwindale last year. What a way to end his driving obligations with Falken. When he enters the field under a new team, It's going to be very exciting to see what he will do running against anyone.

Ken Gushi and the FR-S. What a combo. If you know anything about his start into drifting, you know this was meant to be. Aside from being plagued with car issues, he was very impressive battling Dai in Irwindale last year. Now with a new car and new team, no more excuses right? This is Ken's year to really show what he is made of.

Odi and Walker are entering there sophmore year in FD after probably one of the closest ROTY battles. We all seen what they can do, and I'm betting there is going to be a battle of the two together sooner or later. That will be exciting to watch!

Bridges Racing has put together such a great program for their team this year.
                            New tire sponsor, more funding, and two excellent drivers. I definatly feel they are the underdog team to watch this year.

George M. from AZ is an excellent and professional driver on and off the track. I predict if he gets the budget to make it to at least half of the FD events, he will get the recognition he needs to show that he is competitive and a real contender for ROTY.

Tony A. back in the driver seat. He has got so much heat from fans as a judge. Hammered for being a DA member, he had to undergo so much Scrutiny just to gain the respect of the fans and drivers to be understood as a far judge. Now he is driving this year? Honestly I don't blame him. Drifting with the Bloodmasters and drifting in competition is both fun for him. He is not the best, but he does it because he loves the sport plain and simple.

The ultimate question that I hope gets answered in March is who the next judge is going to be? The way they picked judges in the past, it could be anybody thats had a part in FD over the years...not really much to say about that.

All speculation aside, I'm excited to see FD survive the resession and keep the good sportsmanship in drifting alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Lifer View Post
                              Ken Gushi and the FR-S. What a combo. If you know anything about his start into drifting, you know this was meant to be. Aside from being plagued with car issues, he was very impressive battling Dai in Irwindale last year. Now with a new car and new team, no more excuses right? This is Ken's year to really show what he is made of..
                              I wouldn't go that far. It is an untested chassis its first year out. I think he'll do alright, but i dont see him hitting it out of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
                                I wouldn't go that far. It is an untested chassis its first year out. I think he'll do alright, but i dont see him hitting it out of the park.
                                I thought about that when I was writing it too, but IMO, based on his driving in the past, and how well engineered the FR-S is, I just have a feeling we are going to be surprised how quick he will get that car down. He has had more seat time in that car than ANY driver in the USofA(that I'm aware of), from stock to competition form, and the season hasn't started yet. I'm not expecting some crazy domination from the first event. Just consistancy in placing high and keeping a high points standing for the championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X