No announcement yet.

Can a stock 240SX drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The alternative to the others,cool katakana,haha.
    Attached Files

Comment

re:

actually... if you see the firsdt post i have in here where i schooled you... its in there..rofl

Comment

Re: re:

Originally posted by driftaholic
        "NUMBER ONE---and lets all try to get this clear...
        DRIFTING IS NOT RACING--never was, never will be.
        It is an exhibition of skill."

OK...... First of all, I don't think that ANYBODY in this board has EVER made more of an a$$ out of themselves than you did in that statement...

Time to take you back to school buddy.....
        OK Drifting in its Purest form, in Japan is RACING!!
        If you Knew ANYTHING about this "exhibition of skill" as you put it, you would know a little history about the SPORT. It originated in Japan in the mountains.. *Japanese Translation* Touge=Mountain Pass) Drivers would drive as fast as they could going up and down the mountains while racing (Grip Racing today) Drivers started to get their cars sideways while going through the corners, and it started to be known as "cool".
        HOWEVER drifting IS the FASTEST way through a turn!

There are 2 types of drifts...
        1)Racing Drift (the fastest way through a turn
        2)Show Drift (the exhibition of skill that you pointed out earlier).

Drifting allows you to maintain cornering speed and leave the turn with a HIGHER exit speed therefore drifting is the fastest way through a turn Maybe not how you see it here in the states or on Option Video, because that is D1, and D1 is a SHOW TYPE of drift! But if you get into history, and the pure form of the sports, you will see that the statement that you made was obnoxious, and that you have just been OWNED! It is OK, there is no need to cry, or call the police, it is just something that happens to people when they don't research before they open their mouths.

If you have an argument to that statement there, then PLEASE post it up, because i would like to hear this..

Thank you, have a nice day
        I still don't see anywhere that you actually explain what real drifting IS. You have tried to explain 1)WHY someone would drift, 2) WHERE drifting came from (although it is still only a very small part of the actual history), 3)That there is more than one type of drift.

-------------You still have not explained how a drift is anything different than a slide---------------

Until you do so, you have failed to present anything approaching a refutation of my claims that 1)anything can be drifted and 2)sliding (even accidental) constitutes a drift.

I know you guys are having a great time talking about how ownedededed I am but, when you go back through every post, I am the only one here who has 1)answered the question presented in the thread to begin with and 2)presented a clear and meaningful definition of drifting.

This should really be in a different subject but you said""""HOWEVER drifting IS the FASTEST way through a turn! """""

totally false-----drifting is the fastest way through SOME turns.---actually only a few types of turns, and never fastest through a turn when "show" drifting (full lock countersteer smoking tires).

So, I am still waiting for class to begin, the bell rang, no one knows who the teacher is, and most of you forgot your pencils.
        Last edited by jboss; 12-02-2003, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Ok, i can pull the e-brake and get two wheels to kick out. Thats not drifting, thats a powerslide. Our type of drifts are a full 4 wheel slide. Id like to see some of those car you said pull this off.

Comment

a Drift is when your car is completely side ways when you go through a turn all wheels are sliding, and you have to counter steer through the turn and ajust the throttle 2.

Comment

WOW, now i know I am really playing with amatures......

How does pulling the hand-brake make a POWER SLIDE????

OK so, it's 4 wheel drifts we are looking for?----As I stated earlier, anything with 4 wheels can slide all 4 wheels simultaneously. With a little practice (and I mean little) it is pretty easy to throw just about anything into a slide without using the brake, handbrake or throttle. Just do a little scandanavian flick with a little speed---you'll be drifting in no time.

Now, since most of you haven't caught on yet, I'll be blunt. I have been posting on this board with the intention of sparking some meaningful dialogue that might help other folks getting into the sport understand exactly what that entails. That is why we are here isnt it?

If the folks on this board who proclaim to know their stuff can not even step up to the simple challenge of DEFINING the very thing they wish to emulate then it is totally helpless for newbies to try and get useful information from this board. I have seen nothing yet that indicates that anyone here is more than a rank amature--and worse yet, a RANK amature incapable of logical thought.

Waiting eagerly for class to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by jboss
                WOW, now i know I am really playing with amatures......

How does pulling the hand-brake make a POWER SLIDE????
                You know what i meant. I guess leave it at everyones defs. are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                  You know what i meant. I guess leave it at everyones defs. are different.
                  If I sttled for that then where would newbies get the meaningful information they need to grow the sport.

Taps pencil on notebook and waits for teacher to stand up.....

Comment

guys let this thread die.

Comment

hey i play with those "bean bag things" (hacki sacks)

oh and how about you all stop talking about skills and quit acting like you know more than others and show me some drift vidz of your asses!!

go BAI!!
                      XD XD

Comment

RE:

No one ever said they were better than anyone else.

Comment

Interesting thread. Hate to admit but JBoss is right. Well his idea is right but his holier than thou attitude isn't. But I have argued with him before and he proved he was right. But he is correct. He stated that any car can drift. He is right. Any car can slide sideways. 4 wheels or 2 and with a little practice can be somewhat controlled while doing it. That was the question. Can a stock 240sx drift and if it's a 5 speed can it drift stock. The answer is quite obvious. Yes it can. Can a tractor trailer drift. The answer is quite obviously, yes it can as well. While it may not be pretty and not be the KIND of drifting that we here are accustomed to, it can drift. Watch a tractor trailer lock up the rear air brakes and that trailor come around. It drifts around. So he is correct. Drifting is sliding. The difference is, Drifting is controlled sliding.

As for the powerslide being the locking of the e-brake. That is also false. Power slide points to the use of power. What you are talking about is commonly refered to as a J-turn or a 90 or the number of degrees of rotation. A J-turn is commonly used in movies. You come to a sliding stop on a camera mark. Then you can either drive out or stay there. You can do 180's as well.
                          That's one of the hardest to do because you have to be in a certain frame line and normally have to do it with little body roll on the car. Stopping is the same way. Want to have some fun. Come to a stop from 40 mph 2 inches from a cone in 20 feet and don't let the front end dip. Master that and then do it sideways from 40 mph.

And lastly, Drifting is also not the fastest way through every corner. On a hairpin curve, yes it is most likely faster but you try and drift around a long right hand sweeper and odds are you just got passed. Drifting is glorious and beautiful. It makes grown men gasp and women go into panties off mode but it is not the greatest thing in racing. If it was then everybody would be doing it. It is what it is. An art form that many can do but few can master. It just so happens to work well in certain types of racing. I love it, your father loves it and your Aunt Edna watches it every night in the VCR. But it ain't suitable for the masses. No matter how hard they try and stick it down everyones throat. Enjoy your underground status for the moment. Pretty soon, every tom, *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and harry gonna say they got a drift car even though its a Neon with neon.
                          Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 12-02-2003, 06:26 PM.

Comment

RE:

Thanks for the input. I have a feeling of who is right, but I'm not going to state it. This is just going to start all over again.

Comment

cool...6 pages damn, awesome stuff!

Comment

"little scandanavian flick with a little speed"
                                so basically you can go at 10 mph turn the car to the left to the right and then to the left again and it'll slide...okay i'd love to see that...

oh little speed like...50-60 mph? 30-40 even...id like to see you control it...

and not any car can do it with control, you need to have good weight distrib. and suspension and you need to have been doing the "little scandanavian flick"for awhile, i might be wrong and i might be totally pissing everyone off...prove me wrong...or just dont give (shiat) on what i say, i just want to see *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* happen and not heard all the time...

Comment

Working...
                                X