Steering Quickener for S13's?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Quickener for S13's?????

Do they make any steering quickeners just for the s13 platform or am i pretty much on my own for that?? i would like a 2:1 ratio

thanks
    -Dustin

yoyo freethinker... you were at IRP last weekend werent ya... that beemer is the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.. nice drifting man... i just want a quickener so i can keep one hand on the wheel and one on the ebrake... its all about personal preference.. and i beleive i will like quicker steering... i figured a lot of the top drifters use quickeners and are just staying quiet about it.. i will just rig up one

Comment

i was one of the amatures out there sucking it up... i was the red s13 with black rims and open exaust. im contemplating going 1.5:1 or 2:1

Comment

just another mod to make drifting easier. where is all going to?

Comment

well then you dont like where drifting is going.. drift your stock car.. suspension, power, seats all that crap is for what??.. you got it , to make drifting easier...dont hate..appreciate

Comment

lol... its called being more competitive. and being safe... if i have a hand ready to snap the handbrake...it could save my *Censored**Censored**Censored* from understeering into a wall..

Comment

i wouldt say drifting with one hand is iether of those

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
                i wouldt say drifting with one hand is iether of those

happy 700th post.

anyway... when i was drifting at IRP i was doing better with one hand(just couldnt get much steering angle with one hand).. i was fumbling around too much with two

Comment

thanks lol

for me it took some getting used to with 2 hands, but then when you start to get into third gear (if your not already) 2 hands help alot to make really fast adjustments and be more accurate in my opinion but whatever works or iss fun jsut do that

Comment

Originally posted by santi
                    well then you dont like where drifting is going.. drift your stock car.. suspension, power, seats all that crap is for what??.. you got it , to make drifting easier...dont hate..appreciate
                    dude i never had a problem of reaching my e brake for a correction with my stock steering. If there is no challenge in the sport, it becomes boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Slava Orlov
                      dude i never had a problem of reaching my e brake for a correction with my stock steering. If there is no challenge in the sport, it becomes boring.
                      you guys both have good points but just call it personal preference

as for the steering thing does anyone have a diagram or something to show me how it's done, i'd like to see the difference

Comment

all i'm saying is if it gets easier you can take some aspect of it to another level..modification is inovation.. some bmw's are like 8 turns lock to lock. it's not about being able to do it one handed .. it's about making wicked fast switchbacks.. or saving a spin that normally wouldnt be saved.. and thats what competition is all about .. getting that edge on your opponant

Comment

As for the one handed steering thing, why not use one of those balls like those featured on Semi-Trucks?

Comment

Originally posted by Xantos
                            As for the one handed steering thing, why not use one of those balls like those featured on Semi-Trucks?

LOL a tractor ball? that would be sweet... ahah

Comment

Originally posted by Xantos
                              aka a suicide knob, cause if it breaks off, you wreck. also why they are illegal in most states.

Comment

Working...
                              X