RUMORS: Joon Maeng New Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUMORS: Joon Maeng New Team?

Most of you probably already know by now that Joon Maeng and Burgenholtz Racing have parted ways.

It looks like Chelsea DeNofa will be taking over the Nitto RX-8 (for now).

The other day Joon mentioned on twitter that an announcement (likely in regards to a new team) would be on his site JoonMaeng.com soon.

So I ask you...

Where do you think Joon is gonig to end up? What team do you think signed him?

I've been checking Joon's website constantly since last night to find out the news.

I cant think of a established team that will sign him this late in the season, I'm just hoping most of the major sponsors will follow Joon to his new ride.

I really don't think Chelsea should move to Bergenholtz... he is pretty well setup and it seemes B-Holtz cant get the bugs worked out. I would really like them to throw Haruguchi in that car and slap on some 326Power stickers since he will be at Washington promoting his 326 products. Haruguchi wants back in FD but says he needs a "sponsor".

Bad situation but all parties must make the best of it.

Comment

I think he would be best in his SR-powered S13. His best career results have been in that car.

Comment

My prediction is it's going to be Falken that takes Joon in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lifer View Post
          My prediction is it's going to be Falken that takes Joon in.

Falken has a couple of cars in their so cal warehouse and the ASD 350Z... they could make it happen if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post

Falken has a couple of cars in their so cal warehouse and the ASD 350Z... they could make it happen if they want.
            That is...Awesome. Greatest response ever Bebop.

Comment

I dont thing Falken would take joon. They just want to win. T mcq got the boot despite finishing 5th in pts last season w/ 3 Falken drivers ahead of him. Plus its obvious Falken is cutting back across the board. Maybe Falken offers tire support, but theres no way Joon will be behind the wheel of a teal and blue car, especially since him and JR dont get along anymore

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
                I dont thing Falken would take joon. They just want to win. T mcq got the boot despite finishing 5th in pts last season w/ 3 Falken drivers ahead of him. Plus its obvious Falken is cutting back across the board. Maybe Falken offers tire support, but theres no way Joon will be behind the wheel of a teal and blue car, especially since him and JR dont get along anymore
                Any smart racing team wont care whether they are friends or not. They are all Professionals and will behave so when they are on the clock with the team. Joon has the ability to win and push hard. I don't know what happened to Joon and JR or if he is even a DA member anymore, but that should have ZERO affect in Falkens decision. If they are even considering it, or what Joon is up to otherwise, we will have to wait and find out.

Comment

Joon and JR not cool with eachother....LAME!

Sure its not a beef him B-Holtz and JR?
                  Last edited by Bebop; 07-09-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I never heard anything about Joon not getting along with JR or JTP not getting along with JR but either one of those senarios sounds like a pile of BS.

Anyhow, I agree with JDM. Falken has been scaling back so I do not really see them taking on Joon unless Lucas Oil comes on as a co-title sponsor the same way Discount Tire has with Dai's car. It would be sweet to see Joon have Falken support though.

The way it is now there are not many "big" teams in Formula Drift anymore besides Falken. Hankook Tire supports a lot of drivers but each one has their own team. There are not many teams who are in a position to bring on another driver unless they bring money with them. I think the most likely senario is that Joon got Lucas Oil to step up and he is going to run his own program.

Comment

I meant Joon not JTP... my mistake please forgive.

Comment

As much as Joon is a nice guy with integrity and character, at the end of the day teams want to win. Some drivers can take any car to the podium (i.e. Tyler with the Supra, Porsche, 350Z, S15) and some can't.
                        Even Sam struggled when he switched from his Viper to Charger and then Challenger. Dai struggled with the IS until he moved back to the S13. Joon seems better in an S-chassis car.
                        Hopefully, he signs on with a good team.

Comment

Well based on his facebook and website, he is running as a privateer till further notice. He will be running an S13-LS which he has had plenty of seat time with inbetween rounds for fun. He will definatly be the man to watch this coming round.

Comment

Looks like Joon ain't making it out to Seattle guys.....

Comment

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! .......

Comment

Working...
                              X