Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Most Realistic Racing Simulator

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...163302069.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mR8rsu6T8aQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

According to who? Jerking you around a couple inches isn't going to be enough to simulate real forces.

This gets my vote.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sFCRh-anfRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

can it drift?

Comment

@ Cavi Mike that rig is WAAAY overkill in trying to simulate the feeling of road/car feedback.

From what I have seen (other than the F1 rig above) DBOX is the best in the market for motion racing simulator rigs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tdoQCUrtgs

Comment

Originally posted by Lifer View Post
          @ Cavi Mike that rig is WAAAY overkill in trying to simulate the feeling of road/car feedback.
          Oh really? Obviously you don't understand what a "G" is as-in G-force. 1"G" is equal to 1x the power of Earth's gravity. If your car can accelerate at 1G - which is typical of a powerful street car - your body would need to be rotated backwards 90degrees and face the ceiling in order to replicate that. In a corner, an F1 car can pull up to 4G's. That means that NO simulator out there can even replicate that but at the very least the one I showed can make a better attempt at it than what INFO posted.

*edit* I'm sorry, modern F1 cars are capable of pulling 6G in a corner now. 6x the Earth's gravity is trying to rip you out of your seat.
          Last edited by Cavi Mike; 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
            Oh really? Obviously you don't understand what a "G" is as-in G-force. 1"G" is equal to 1x the power of Earth's gravity. If your car can accelerate at 1G - which is typical of a powerful street car - your body would need to be rotated backwards 90degrees and face the ceiling in order to replicate that. In a corner, an F1 car can pull up to 4G's. That means that NO simulator out there can even replicate that but at the very least the one I showed can make a better attempt at it than what INFO posted.

*edit* I'm sorry, modern F1 cars are capable of pulling 6G in a corner now. 6x the Earth's gravity is trying to rip you out of your seat.
            lol, ok man whatever makes you feel better.

Comment

"Road Feedback" and Lateral G's are two different things...

Comment

Your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                  Your point?
                  He was talking about road feedback (bumps, suspension reactions to road surface) and you came back at him with an argument about G forces, which is unrelated

Comment

Read the portion of his post that I quoted - "WAAAY overkill" - that is what I was responding to. That's why I quoted it. If it can't replicate reality, it's not overkill.

There's a reason why pilots train in these things: (notice the HUGE pistons that keep it 6 feet off the ground)

Comment

Sure the previous rig you posted and this one here would be perfect if you wanted to simulate flying. I'm not going into the understanding of what "simulation driving,racing,drifting" means. If this is what you believe is a perfect sim-rig for driving then go get it buddy.
                      I think you greatly underestimate the uncanny power of the mind. It is capable of recreating the "simulation" of G-forces that you convincingly feel while racing/drifting in both the F1 rig and the DBOX rig. All you need is some familiar feedback in the seat and wheel to what you are doing behind the wheel, then the mind does the rest. Dozens of world renowned Pro drivers from various disciplines think this just right too.

Comment

Working...
                      X