Rhys Millen & Hyundai Part Ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhys Millen & Hyundai Part Ways

Rhys Millen Racing made the announcement today that Hyundai is dropping their support of all North American motorsport programs which will include both his Formula Drift and Global Rallycross teams.

https://rhys-millen-racing.myshopify...s-with-hyundai

Does this mean he won't be at Irwindale for Round 7?

Comment

Originally posted by theSidesweep View Post
      Does this mean he won't be at Irwindale for Round 7?
      He will still have support from Hyundai through the end of 2012. After that though it is up in the air.

Comment

Sad to hear. He's a great driver though, I'm sure he'll be picked up immediately by another company.

Comment

with the success of the current formula drift season and 2011 season, and especially the pikes peak wins and records which have been set in recent years, i dont fully understand this move on hyundai's part. I cannot speak for global rally cross because i have not been paying attention to that side of the sport, but still it seemed as if the success of the program had finally been found and had been growing strong every year

Comment

Originally posted by ztkrevolution View Post
            with the success of the current formula drift season and 2011 season, and especially the pikes peak wins and records which have been set in recent years, i dont fully understand this move on hyundai's part. I cannot speak for global rally cross because i have not been paying attention to that side of the sport, but still it seemed as if the success of the program had finally been found and had been growing strong every year
            They probably feel like their marketing dollars can be better spent elsewhere. Not sure where that space is considering they have at least two "sporty" type cars in their line up (genesis coupe & veloster) but I am sure they have something in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
              They probably feel like their marketing dollars can be better spent elsewhere. Not sure where that space is considering they have at least two "sporty" type cars in their line up (genesis coupe & veloster) but I am sure they have something in mind.
              Maybe they're looking to bolster the luxury image with the Equus and Genesis Sedan, now that they've established a respectable sports car segment?

Comment

Working...
              X