No announcement yet.

I Would Like to see more domestics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well here in SA i think i'm one of the fue that drift 180sx's the rest of the guys are using BMWs and cobras for drift/gymkanas i guess that is autocross to you guys

Comment

Well as you can see this is my first reply and sure you can call me a nub to drifting.com. But i am not a nub however to the world of drifting. As a matter of fact i happen to own an AE86 corolla. But im getting off topic so ill shut up about that. I think personaly that domestic cars shouldnt be used for drifting since in my opinion it would create more controversy in drifting. Think about it, all of the American muscle drag racers tend to think theyre beter at drag racing than japanese cars since they have bigger and more powerful engines and what not. I think drifting will succumb to this attitude. This will cause drifting to have those arrogant people thinking domestic cars can drift beter since they have more powerful engines and bigger cars. Thank you.

p.s. I'm not trying to start a fight im just expressing my opinion

Comment

So you're not new to Drifting because you own an AE-86? I don't own one, so I guess I am new to the world of Drifitng. Sounds pretty dumb doesn't it? Yeap, sure does. But so does

I think personaly that domestic cars shouldnt be used for drifting since in my opinion it would create more controversy in drifting. Think about it, all of the American muscle drag racers tend to think theyre beter at drag racing than japanese cars since they have bigger and more powerful engines and what not.
        You obviously don't go to the track much because most of the people there are Imports and they are the loudest, most vocal bunch. Also they are most often the poorest bunch there. The Muscle guys are usually older and more mature guys with money. Importers are also the most obnoxious when it comes to the Import/Domestic bullcrap that always goes on. There is always going to be an us vs them in any sport where 2 or more countries compete. Take the Olympics for example, same thing. Or Figure skating or Horse racing or anything that has another country in it. You know why? Because it is always US that makes it that way. Americans always want to turn something into an America against the world scenario. That's just how we are and how we get our people to stand behind us. Too bad too because that is actually totally opposite of what the people in Japan who are into Drifting are all about. They are all about respect and they don't care what kind of car you drive, Domestic, Import, FF, FR whatever, they respect it all there.

The sad thing is that, when you show a Muscle car guy how fast your car is, they are impressed because 85% of them are into Speed and power. Do the same to an Import guy and they don't care because 85% of them are into it because it's rebellious and the new thing.

I'm sorry to tell you but you kind of are a newb. Not to be mean but you really think like one if you think that Drifting should stay all import cars. That's about as closed a mind statement as I have ever heard. That may be why you might just be left out. The Domestic's are coming, get used to it. I understand your opinion but don't agree with it. The above is why. Welcome to the site

Comment

Now onto others.

Feintmotion, while what you say is valid, lay off the guy. No need to get all nasty on him for really no reason. He stated his opinion and while you and I disagree, you don't need to insult him.

Slidingsky. I don't know if you saw it but I remember one underpowered Hachi of Alex Pfeiffer hang and almost pass Sam Hubinette in Atlanta. Actually more than 2 times. Sam wins events because he goes into them as if it's a race. Look at his lines and style and you can see that. Wouldn't matter what car he was in. So the 200 hp vs 600 hp really doesn't float. Drifting isn't about HP as much as everyone thinks. You can only put so much power down in so much space and Drifting is cornering, not straights. Also ( I don't like to believe it either) the Viper is a production chassis. Thats is the only way it can compete in the event. Sure, it's purpose built and all that stuff but it falls under a production run chassis line and therefore is legal. Grossly overpowered and just plain out ridiculous for Drifting but able to compete none the less

As for spelling, yea, learn to spell correctly. But just because he might butcher the English language doesn't make him any less knowledgable about the sport. Why I remember a certain Pimp Extreme who's spelling was horrible but anything he says you can bank on it because he is closer to the heart of Drifting than anyone here. Lives it, breathes it and is it. But people, really, do learn how to spell and punctuate. Occasional ones are okay but too many and your information starts to look not so good.

Comment

I'm a domestic guy and have loved domestics since I was a kid. Though I also love imports...and well I don't consider domestics to have really any advantage over imports other then high torque and hp. I've been drifting my Camaro on and off for about three years now. I've also drifted my friends 240 and my other firends hachi. I have to say its much easier to drift their cars than my camaro. You can get alot more angle and what not out of a hachi or 240. My car is so long that getting super sideways is a hard thing to do. The only way to do it is to go extremely fast so the angle can be held or the rear end will spin around. I'd type more but I just noticed I'm late for work already haha. I'll finish this later.

Comment

drifting is becoming....

Comment

Drifting is becoming it's own sport, it's own entity. Times are changing, car's are changing. People are getting into the sport from other sports and cleaning up. Papadakis is getting into it, he's an Import Dragger. One of, if not the best. I think that is great. But I think that Drifters should be getting that ride, not draggers. But since he has the gumption and the money to do it, he is. I salute him for actually doing something.

It's funny that all everyone does on this site is complain and whine about where Drifting is headed, how it is getting there and now, what car's should and should not be used. Funny thing is, nobody DOES a thing about it. If you don't like the way Drifting is heading, change it. If you don't like who is in it and how they run it, get your own rear end in there and change that. If you don't like Domestics in the sport, don't drive one. It's all pretty simple. Get out of your computer chairs and make your own way in the sport. Don't wait for an event, make one. Don't wait for a sponsership, go out and find one. Don't expect someone else to hand you a car, go out and build one. If you piggy back off of someone elses hard work, you'll never bask in the glory.

Comment

lets just drift and enjoy life!!!!!!!!!

and leave the petty arguments alone...

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE

Comment

Remember in a free market economy you endorse a product service or individual by spending money on them and there supporters. If you feel an individual or groups or company shouldnt be envolve in drifting then send your money elsewere preferable towards people and things you want to support. As opposed to nothing at all.

However that means having the integrety to do so.

Ghost is right about needing to do something about it, but remember the power of a voice. and the power of voices in unison. Use this board to express whatever opinion you wish. and express it often if you truely feel that way.

Anyways enough of my rambling.

Comment

Word.

Just make sure that your voice is heard. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                        Word.

Just make sure that your voice is heard. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
                        It helps if you practice the fine art of the word and try to present your arguement in the most coherent and convencing way possible. Not always an easy thing to do though..
                        Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-26-2004, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by feintmotion86
                          1) Use punctuation so you don't look like an ignorant redneck.

2) dont' refer to them as "jap" cars.

Actually never mind. You can't polish a turd, so why try to cover your your ignorance?
                          what is wrong with you? calling people ignorant right after you called them ignorant for no good reason? "you cant polish a turd"? i'd say ur the ignorant one... also i pretty much agree lets all just shutup and drift.. although these forums are helpful to newbies to drifting

Comment

Originally posted by scirocco
                            also i pretty much agree lets all just shutup and drift..
                            Yes we can drift 24 hours a day seven days a week. As much as i've like it its just not going to happen, so we might as well talk about drifting while we are not out drifting

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                              [B]So you're not new to Drifting because you own an AE-86? I don't own one, so I guess I am new to the world of Drifitng. Sounds pretty dumb doesn't it? Yeap, sure does. But so does

Wow theirs no need to be nasty towards me. I just said I wasnt new to drifting thats all. I never said I wasn't new becasue I own an AE86(wow ur arrogant). I have been into Drifting long before i have owned an AE86. And i can accept the fact that domestics are going to be involved in the world of drifting. And yes i still am a nub compared to most people who do drift. But the thing is I have opinions. And just because i dont think like everyone else does, it doesn't make me a nub. By the way i dont live in areas like you(at least i dont think i do). I live in some *Censored**Censored**Censored* rich white neighborhood in New Hampshire and all of the kids have really powerful muscle cars and we dont have any tracks around here (that i know of at least). And when you think all of the older people have powerful muscle casr ur wrong. Most of the KIDS(who are extremely arrogant and mean by the way) are driving their 400 hp mustangs and vettes and camaros and chargers and chevelles thinking they can do everything under the sun. Oh and actually your wrong about the people who drive imports up here. They are the most humble people. Oh and stop acting like you know the japanese better than everyone else. I can guarantee that alot of them are against FF and domestic cars. But since you know everything i guess your right. And if im coming off like an @ssh0le, im sorry. But when someone insults me im not just gunna stand around with my thumb up my @ss.

Comment

Yeap you are right. Talking about it is good. Whining, complaining and bitching about it while doing nothing to further it or change it is quite another.

Comment

Working...
                                X