No announcement yet.

My AE86, Finally Coming Together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the second choice. The frist one looks great and you will get props eather way you go, but I love the all purpose look.

Also, If you want to drop 9k in to the exterior, go right a head. People have to remember that a good paint job can run you a few thousand dollars. Hell, my Z is getting repainted stock color (cheapest choice) and its costing me about 2k.

45k is quite a lot for a 86, but you know what? If i had the money I would drop that much in to my Z in a second (RB26DETT + Archie + 300zx = lots of fun). And Im sure other people would aggree w/ me.

BTW, Im archie. Ive been looking at this forum for a bout 5 months now and felt it was time to join.

Comment

Personally (sp?), I'm feelin the first one. But its not like my opinion matters go with what you like more.

Comment

fender flares look better imo...

Comment

sorry about the verbage,i say go for the jbloods i dont think any one in the states has them. 9k is really not needed unless u r gonna go for show room shine susp, and lord know what u coud do to the interior.i could see it in the engine though . my susp was just over 600 with some good deals i got. but so far its pr front coilovers, t3 spacers,kyb agx's and trd japan rear springs. and it handles great. and is stiff as he11.sound like a nice project enjoy it....... dont just build it with 45 grand and turn around and sell it, beleive me u might get a forth of it. have fun

Comment

go with the second ones, okinawalevin is selling some on club4ag.com right now for like 600ish plus shipping. Very hard to get from what i understand. Yea, and 45K is way too much to be spending on a corolla, Unless you are going for a show car with the 18K on interior/exterior. If you are racing the car, what are you gonna spend on the interior, all you need are gauges, roll cage, seat and steering wheel. Not much else to it, you would have to try to spend 9K for that.

Comment

Some have misunderstood me, 45K over 5-6 years is the extreme maximum I'm willing to spend this defenitely does not mean that I will spend close to that much. Also what if I buy some 2,500 coilovers dont like them and buy some different coilovers that cost 2,000 thats 4,500 on suspension already. In those 5-6 years I might decide to paint the car different colors which can easily get the exterior cost up to 9K. And the interior doesn't have to be made out of gold to cost 9K, for example:

2-Bride seats- $1,800
              2-Takata Harnesses $900
              1-Nardi steering wheel $300
              1-Hub kit $100
              1-Quick release kit $300
              1-custom roll cage $1,500
              1-Short shift kit $300
              1-Pedals $75
              1-Complete DefiLink gauge setup $1,000
              1-Basic stereo setup since it will be a daily driver $1,000

That's around 7K-8K for the interior. And the 9k for restoration thats for all the little things that will break. I most likely will spend 25K maybe even less but 45K is the max.

Comment

Originally posted by young gun
                go ahead and blow 45k of daddys money, when you crash it do to unbalanced tuning and destroy a 9k aero/paint package, and crap all over your 9k interior, and bend your 9k suspension, and blow up your 9k motor........ im gonna laugh my *Censored**Censored**Censored* off
                lol you're funny I'm not rich and I dont have a dad to buy me whatever the hell I want. I work hard to buy all the things I own, I pay for things by working long 12 hour days and trying to get the most overtime I possibly can. Who do you think you are to be able to say what you said. You don't know crap about me, and even if I break every single part on my car I bet I had a hella of a time doing it.

Comment

$2500 for ae86 coil overs?!?! ok you really dont know what your doing...give your 86 to me and buy a 240.....

Originally posted by vigvoodoo
                  Some have misunderstood me, 45K over 5-6 years is the extreme maximum I'm willing to spend this defenitely does not mean that I will spend close to that much. Also what if I buy some 2,500 coilovers dont like them and buy some different coilovers that cost 2,000 thats 4,500 on suspension already. In those 5-6 years I might decide to paint the car different colors which can easily get the exterior cost up to 9K. And the interior doesn't have to be made out of gold to cost 9K, for example:

2-Bride seats- $1,800
                  2-Takata Harnesses $900
                  1-Nardi steering wheel $300
                  1-Hub kit $100
                  1-Quick release kit $300
                  1-custom roll cage $1,500
                  1-Short shift kit $300
                  1-Pedals $75
                  1-Complete DefiLink gauge setup $1,000
                  1-Basic stereo setup since it will be a daily driver $1,000

That's around 7K-8K for the interior. And the 9k for restoration thats for all the little things that will break. I most likely will spend 25K maybe even less but 45K is the max.

Comment

Originally posted by bluballz
                    $2500 for ae86 coil overs?!?! ok you really dont know what your doing...give your 86 to me and buy a 240.....
                    You don't know what you're talking about. When I say coilovers I mean coilovers not some cheap sleves.

This is what I mean by coilovers (TODA RACING Type FS coilovers)
                    $2,705.00

Comment

o0o good choice vig
                      oh and the negative views on this thread, all i have to say is vig's 8-6 might be the closest thing to a compitition ready corolla than what u guys might pick out with the same budget u wont be able to afford
                      atleast its just an estimate so it might be lower

Comment

Spend that money and don't let anybody come down on you for it. But all that cash buys a hell of a lot of track time too. The bonus from that is you keep the skills you get and can use them on any car you might own in the future...

Comment

Mmmmmmm.... Fightex coilovers.... yummy

Comment

Well said slonie...

Its your car... its your money... do what you have to do.

But in the end you have to remember its still an old car that needs lots of TLC to be driven daily.

I wish you luck in your build up.

Comment

lol people are getting pissed for a $45000 corolla that doesnt even exist yet.. go down to club 4ag and read up on the $100 000 AE86 and you will love it (its under tech reference)

Comment

get the J-blood overfenders, if you can afford them.

Comment

Working...
                                X