Drift WRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift WRX

Has anyone got any pics or info of Nobushige Kumakubo 2004 Subaru WRX drift car that is in D1GP?

Comment

is it still AWD or RWD

Comment

Considering the fact that they dont let AWD cars in D1 AND the fact that the rear tires are smoking, the car is RWD. I am 100% sure, because there used to be a topic on it!

Comment

that sucks its not AWD

no AWD in D1 it dosen't say that here
          Last edited by kairles; 05-31-2005, 03:06 PM.

Comment

goes to show who can and cant appreciate great engineering when they see it.

Comment

[sigh]....this has been discussed before...

http://d1gp.com/rules.html

Comment

Some more pictures
                Attached Files

Comment

converted to rwd w/ a hollenger (spelling is off) tranny and a skyline driveshaft (i think)

Comment

Originally posted by kairles
                    that sucks its not AWD

no AWD in D1 it dosen't say that here

NOPE. But it DOES say that HERE: http://d1gp.com/rules.html

Also, why does it not being AWD suck? That rocks. When converted to RWD (a relitively easy process, easier than it seems), WRX's make surprisingly good drift cars. Just ask Chris Foresberg, who has had the special chance to ride in Kumakubos WRX above.

Comment

Definitely one of the best looking cars I've ever seen. Anybody know of any videos of this car in action?

Comment

Originally posted by WIPLASH
                        goes to show who can and cant appreciate great engineering when they see it.
                        great response

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                          NOPE. But it DOES say that HERE: http://d1gp.com/rules.html

Also, why does it not being AWD suck? That rocks. When converted to RWD (a relitively easy process, easier than it seems), WRX's make surprisingly good drift cars. Just ask Chris Foresberg, who has had the special chance to ride in Kumakubos WRX above.
                          I sure it is a good drift car and I know it is easy to convert a wrx to rwd its less work than other awd cars(dsm,evo,stealth/3000gt)

It sucks cause he picked the wrx cause its not the traditional platform that are seldom utilized for drifting, and sence d1 does not allow AWD cars why not pick a RWD car that is not used their is plenty out there

its just my opinion
                          Last edited by kairles; 05-31-2005, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Go Scoobie!

Sorry, just had to.

I wouldn't mind seeing an awd class at some point in the future. It would be fun to watch. I don't think a rwd and awd could drift together though, at least not too easily. Their behaviors might be a little too different to to run together in a safe manner. As well, one may end up having a disadvantage over the other in a particular order just by the differences in technique.

Don't go posting that awds can't drift either. A rally driver may smack you up side the head, lol. If that's not enough, I'll lay a physics smackdown on you Haha, I amuse myself.

Comment

Kuma's new car is a GDB running a 2.5 engine with a TD06 25G and from what I've seen it looks like a normal Impreza gearbox with the driveshafts removed. It may have Hollinger internals and it's probably sequential as his Silvia was sequential too. The "driveshaft" I'm not sure of but the diff is a R33 GTR diff which was fabricated to fit. The normal R160 Impreza diffs are weak so they changed it to a GTR33. Also the radiator is mounted in the rear of the car hence the big vents in rear panels. Car was built by Jun!

As for choosing a car that's already RWD......Well D1 is just a big corporate show now so I expect Kuma was paid a lot by Subaru. Maybe their sales aren't so popular with young drivers now so they thought having a D1 Impreza would help their sales...Who knows. Plus, it's different...

Silvias in Japan are like clitorises...every *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* has one!

Comment

Working...
                              X