• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Real Crash

Ok so yea.
    So we started out looking like this

doing this...

Then it happened....
    It was inevitable, it finally happened. And im sure ALL of you will get a good laugh and giggle out of this. I crashed my car, hard, into a ditch and through a barbed wire fence....it's trashed. No structural/chasis or engine damage that i know of yet, as i was able to drive it home afterwards but, I am gonna need a new hood, driver fender, front bumper, front lip, headlight, sidemarker, foglight, corner lamp, and alot of paint work. I was on a roll all night too, i cleared 3 corners with smooth slides in 3rd gear with relying 100% a braking techniuqe for technique. Then i got to this corner...I was entering a banked 90 degree corner HOT (relying on front grip for proper weight transfer), and the gravel/rocks on the road caused my car to understeer, and then i just flew straight off the road and into a ditch at near 40+mph. :willy:
    I will have pics of it tommorrow. Now you can officially call me "boro" S14, and i will join the group of "zip-tied" racing, because i am poor, and have no job i will have to rely 100% on zip-ties and junkyards to fix my car. The winter is coming up, so it doesnt have to be a show queen lol. (like it ever was) I will get pics tomorrow, i wish i would have gotten pics of me teter-tottering in the ditch, ya'll would have laughed your asses off. Really though, the S14 looked kind of at home sitting there planted into the fence and *Censored**Censored**Censored* in the ditch lol

and NO, my insurance WILL NOT cover this. I only have liability. So this will ALL be out of pocket :thumbdown

PICS:

I got REAL lucky, and there is no frame damage at all.

And since this car is my only car, and my daily driver, we had to fix it... here is what we did last night, "fixing it"....

sorry about your car, but its bound to happen to everyone right? Nice stitches by the way, you sure your gonna have a problem covering the price with those doctor skills of yours haha.

Comment

in my opinion i love cars with battlescars, makes it look like its actaully used you know? looks awsome.

Comment

LOL they really look like stiches. sorry about the crash, but that fixup is funny good luck with the car!

Comment

all apart of learning.. it could have been worse..

Comment

Haha Awesome... i love the stitches. It looks good on black too... I think i may try my suture skills. lol

Comment

better off than my tree encounter...

Comment

Once again, nice job on the stiching!
                Sorry it happened but its gonna be expected drifting. heh

Comment

maybe you can get a kouki front end while you're at it, fixing up your car

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDrifter
                    better off than my tree encounter...
                    i think there might be something with lfs people and trees? or is it just me but i've heard like 2 other incidents including one of my own almost happeneing.

Comment

Honestly man, thats not too bad. I've seen much worse. If you were still able to drive away then it wasnt that bad. I would leave the body how it is and do some more mods. hahahaha. Most important thing though, dont let this drive you away from the sport. It happens to everyone. Keep a good spirit, rebuild (be it mentally or physically), and make a comeback.

Comment

keep your car like that it'll scare people away, or make them feel bad when they get beaten by frakenstien....

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                          Honestly man, thats not too bad. I've seen much worse. If you were still able to drive away then it wasnt that bad. I would leave the body how it is and do some more mods. hahahaha. Most important thing though, dont let this drive you away from the sport. It happens to everyone. Keep a good spirit, rebuild (be it mentally or physically), and make a comeback.
                          Yep, that is exactly how i am thinking. I went out again tonite to practice/have some more fun. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, after i used my belt to attach the bumper back on, i was sliding it again minutes after i pulled it out of the ditch. It was bound to happen, and honestly it'll probaly happen again if i ever want to become a good driver. "even monkey's fall from trees"

Comment

your lucky you only got body damage...my last 240 was killed when my friend crashed it and bent the frame back 2 inches on the left side...

Comment

Nice, Leave it as is and save for a sexy kouki front.

Comment

Working...
                              X