Which suspensions are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which suspensions are you using?

i know tanabe, tein, JIC, kei office, etc. has a huge assorment of suspension parts for our drift cars. Coilovers, tie rods, underbraces, control arms, sway bars, etc.
    if any of you have any of these products, please leave a short review of how they perform and quality and if they were worth it.

im personally looking into alot of tanabe products cuz they have an affordable line-up. thanks in advance

TEIN Flex, Racing Beat Sway Bars..

Comment

um why not check out silk-road coilovers thier designed for drifting for 1300 thats pretty cheap.

Comment

You might also want to take into the consideration that JIC, Tein, and Tanabe are all lowerend brands. If you get really serious and you are running these, one day you are going to eventually have to upgrade to be competative. Just something I would like to add. Alex Pfeiffer and I were have a long discussion about how my JICs are crap, but they are good starter crap has he put it. I figure learn on crap so you can tell the difference between a cheap setup and a good setup.

Comment

i dont really understand why you say these companies are "lower end"? Are you talking about straight up drift setups?
          i wouldnt put these companies in the lower end because not everybody wants the craziest set of coilover out there. im leaning towards a more comfortable street setup like the tanabe pro-ss or JIC Flt-A1US because my last car had JIC FLT-A2's and were a bit much for street driving.
          And i wouldnt exactly consider tanabe Pro-DD, Tein RE/RA, JIC FLT-A2 to be lower end by any means.
          then theres Kei office and endless that i think are maybe a step above but in no way superior.
          which "high-end" systems did you have in mind and what do they have that others dont?

Comment

If you talk to any of the pros or Lorin for that matter they say JIC and Tein are over rated crap. That is basically what I am talking about. I believe I also stated that if you are going to be really serious, driving major events like the D1 or Formula D, you definately need to look into some Kei Office or Zeal coilovers. This is straight from the pros, such as Alex Pfeiffer, Andy Yen, and Lorin (not a pro but he knows his *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*). Hell, I am running JICs so it isn't like I don't approve of them, they are good crap as Alex stated.

Comment

i'm running silkroads like em alot so far. price was decent and they came in 4days from japan

Comment

I really haven't heard much about them actually.

Comment

for what kinda car? how much do you want to spend?

i personally have for my s14 tanabe springs and kyb agx struts. greddy front strut tower bar, suspension techniques rear sway bar. tein tension rods, tein tie rods. i wish i would have just saved up for coilovers instead of getting spring/struts.

Comment

Tein HE's..cheap and good

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                      You might also want to take into the consideration that JIC, Tein, and Tanabe are all lowerend brands. If you get really serious and you are running these, one day you are going to eventually have to upgrade to be competative. Just something I would like to add. Alex Pfeiffer and I were have a long discussion about how my JICs are crap, but they are good starter crap has he put it. I figure learn on crap so you can tell the difference between a cheap setup and a good setup.
                      Weird then, that Chunky Bai is using Tanabe Sustec-DD... If HE's in the lower-end of the drift scene - lower-end is fine by me!

Comment

The setup Bai is running has different valving then the set you can purchase from tanabe. Tanebe uses KYB inserts. Notice the adjustment knobs, same as AGX.

The reason why i say alot of these different coil over packages are crap is because i've had an oppertunity to drive/drift on a good amount of different setups. There is a difference, its up to you to decide what to go with, but i do suggest going for a higher end brand. Kei Office, Zeal, RS*R, they have my votes.

What I was trying to explain to Prodigy is that you will not really know the difference between the cheeper end brands or the high end brands till you get some experience. My suggestion to him was to just drive on what you have and what you can afford to run. The most important things is to go out and drive. It really doesnt matter what brand or type you go with, but anything is going to be better then stock.
                        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

i have hks hipermax II's. i like'em.

i think i'd suggest some tein's. i like how theyre everywhere and you can get'em rebuilt easily.

but suspension is something you dont want to skimp on.

Comment

i wouldn't say the mentioned companies are lower end but normal in the middle type stuff

does eney body know much about bilstien?

Comment

silkroads rock

Comment

Working...
                              X