Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
    Nitrous to help f*ck up your car
    hahha, use it for chillin your intercooler (freeze your boost)

Comment

If used properly, nitrous wont mess up your motor. Its the people that dont know when to use it, or the people that use too much that end up blowing their motors. Boosted mentioned a good technique to battle turbo lag, a window switching nitrous system set to deliver a small shot of nitrous (20-40) at the lower RPM will bring you into the powerband (boost) faster. Alot safer than blasting the motor with a 150 shot near redline (this is how you blow motors). And like Dori-Star said, nitrous also has cooling properties. If used properly it can be used to lower the temperature of air going into the motor. Cooler air = denser air = more air getting packed in. But not too sure about freezing your boost (LOL!), maybe you're thinking of spraying the IC with water (like the Evo 8)??

Comment

hahah...

thats kinda my expression for chillin your boost... haha, freeze your boost!!!

hey, in tha newest superstreet... they have something called the cry-o2, same thing, except its o2, must check it out....

Comment

N2O is great for cooling. It works wonders for turbocharged vehicles when sprayed onto the intercooler. Personally I'd use a water+alchohol mix for IC cooling.

Comment

Mr. sparkle - Personally I'd use a water+alchohol mix for IC cooling.
            hows that work?

Comment

hmmm

how does that work i would really like to know

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted
                nitrous to help with the spool up.
                For touge, I don't think so man...

Comment

hahaha

true true! but you would think that people who really touge would know this already haha.

NOS I NEED NOS AND HARRY I NEED IT BY TONIGHT!

Comment

single turbo, pm me with any questions

Comment

IMHO! :X Its a heavy car, keep the RPM's high during the drift by downshifting accordingly before going into the drift to utelize the fair sized turbo when you need it. I mean dont get a turbo large enough that when you downshift to 5-6 x1000 rpm that it will not be nearly instantanious boost...you want to be able to predict what your cars gonna do and shift on the fly!

Comment

::nods::

Comment

Originally posted by tontot77
                          single turbo, pm me with any questions
                          custom work?

Comment

i say single turbo. smaller turbo, quicker spool, less lag.

i know some of you say you've driven a turbo car, but it doesnt really seem like it. turbo lag is hardly there if the turbo's are small. quick spool up.

its easier to tune a car with a lower compression ratio with higher boost. but if you can tune well and the internal's are well then you can boost big amounts with the higher compression.

and as for the thread starter... i think you should try and drift the car the way it is now. because the faster you go the harder it gets. kinda like drifting when its raining.

on the nitrous helpin spool up. i'd like to see you try it. spray for a spool up. please record this on video so i can laugh when you blow that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up :P

Comment

The car does well Drifting....I like the control that the V8 gives.

The SR20XXX is sitting and waiting for a an upgraded turbo and then it'll be about a month or 2 before its on the road(waiting 4 other 'stuff').....I cant wait...need boost...noooooowwwwwwww

there are Superchargers on the market for the 1UZFE but I think a single set-up would be really cool.

And I can take the nitrous out of the car

Comment

#1..id say that a supercharger would be best for your application, becuast with a S/C you get that instant torque and u need that to get your wheels spinning,comared to a turbo with turbo lag

#2 nitrous doesnt do anything to your engine besides give it horsepower., it blows peoples engines becuse there engine either

-not running enought fuel to accomodate the extra oxygen that nitrous gives you.

-the engine isnt strong enought to withstand the pressure of nitrous

-the shot is just to big for the engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X