Miata wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miata wanted

I am looking for a 1st gen Miata, with few or no mods preferably. I would love to find a 94 with factory LSD. But I will settle for an open diff, and any year model. I live in atlanta, but will travel for the right car.

One in Richmond, VA that was posted on here. Have no idea if it is still for sale.

Link:
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/buy-a...-1500-obo.html

Comment

Let me guess, you saw gears and now you wana do a small block V8 conversion? A Cute Beast Lol

Comment

Originally posted by cheesy586 View Post
        Let me guess, you saw gears and now you wana do a small block V8 conversion? A Cute Beast Lol
        Nothing wrong with a V8 conversion, in fact everything is right with it

Comment

booo, eff a v8

brotary or CA18 that beast

Comment

*sigh*

Maybe he just wants a Miata...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/978012324.html

He wants 1600

Go buy that, it's high mileage, but the guy has taken really good care of it. It's probably the best condition Miata you'll get for the price!

If you're wanting to make it a drifter, I will advise against it, it's a very unforgiving car on beginners. But if you really want to do it, go for it, there's the car for you!

-Dave

Comment

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...7&rdpage=thumb

Link to a Mazda Miata

Its in pretty good condition, Full stock.
              121,329 Miles on it for like $2,000 good bargin.
              Convertible, 4 cylinder engine with 5 speed manual trany
              The body has no excesive damage, a little paint mess here and there.

Comment

No V8 in my future

I hate the LS or 5.0 swaps in that chassis, whats the point in having a light weight sports car if it's no longer lightweight. I am just wanting it to build the crap out of it, and have some fun.

I know how unforgiving that car can be for drifting, but why do anything the easy way. I have had 2 s13's and a 1jz swapped cressidia that I drifted for a while. I just want the mx-5 for the natural handling, and maybe the occasional slideways corner A miata is a much better choice for autocrossing or track days. But I am thinking of maybe making it a touge car. Flying Miata makes a h*ll of a boost kit for it, and mazdaspeed sells a modded engine for around 1500.

Comment

Yeah, I guess the Miata is an ok car, I would never drive it, I can't deal with lightweight cars, feel to...light, like you can just push them anywhere without a challenge, but I know stock Mx-5 makes some power for a lightweight.

Comment

Well then, if you've done the drifting you've said you've done, and you're sure about your choice. Buy the Miata I showed you. It seems to be ready to handle the "touge" setup you plan on running ("touge" in quotes on purpose) and it'll serve you well on the occasional drift day.

Do you as only you know how!

-Dave

Comment

Yeah, I guess the Miata is an ok car, I would never drive it, I can't deal with lightweight cars, feel to...light, like you can just push them anywhere without a challenge, but I know stock Mx-5 makes some power for a lightweight.
                      I am not really concerned with the power that the stock engine makes. I will be making changes to the powertrain as soon as I get the chassis. The car isn't a natural drifter and is very underpowered for a competitive race car. I just love the little bastards and to own a car is all about passion for me. I hate having a car that I can't stand being in or driving.
                      Last edited by ; 01-09-2009, 10:46 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

But high mileage cars tend to have alot of work needed in them, new parts, new set up, tuning, some restoration (If needed), but all in all you puting in alot of money into a just the basic stuff for the car and a little bit for the engine, and engine mods aren't cheap. Thats why I saw buy a fairly decent mileaged car that you will change the engine and the body, suspension, etc. will be in good condition.

Comment

But high mileage cars tend to have alot of work needed in them, new parts, new set up, tuning, some restoration (If needed), but all in all you puting in alot of money into a just the basic stuff for the car and a little bit for the engine, and engine mods aren't cheap. Thats why I saw buy a fairly decent mileaged car that you will change the engine and the body, suspension, etc. will be in good condition.
                          I know just how much it will take to do it, and have been looking into it for a while now. I am a tech so labor is free, and I have worked on miatas for a long time. The car may not be as cheap as a 240 but it is cheaper than some of the things people are using. Also I could get a more user friendly car but like I said I am into this car for the challenge also. I would hate having another 240, only because when I did have one the sport was newer and no one was really drifting in the states anyway. Having a car is all about personall expression for me.
                          Think about how many american cars you see sliding now, a few years ago no one was doing that on a grass roots level. Now you have almost any chassis thats rwd and manual, and it's growing all the time. It's about dedication to the sport as much as it is about the cars we're using now.

Josh

Comment

I have a question, just wondering where you're basing your experience with this from? I only ask because I've seen a good amount of cars hit up drift events with pretty darn high mileage and make it just fine. Granted, they do need a fair bit of work, but then again, any car you put on the track (unless it's already purpose built) is going to need to have most parts switched out from struts/springs and bushings to clutch/flywheel and engine parts. Drifting can be pretty abusive on a car and while having a higher mileage car may not make this any less prevalent, just because it's high mileage doesn't make it any less capable. Especially if said vehicle has been taken care of and already has a few track-spec modifications to boot.

-Dave

Comment

Higher mileage is almost a guarantee in this sport, as most of us don't have alot of money to play with anyway. I am not concerned with how much it would take to get the car back to stock. If I wanted a stock miata I could go and buy one anyway. I would rather buy an older one and have the money to tune the car.
                              I am not new to this, and have unfortunately had 3 cars that I have parted with that could have been competitive. Thats life, but do what you can when you can. Slide it like you stole it

Comment

Working...
                              X