No announcement yet.

Rookie Of The Year (Who is YOUR pick?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Of The Year (Who is YOUR pick?)

Ok

This year we have a pretty close and heated battle for the top Rookie position. The top two runners are only separated by a mere 5 points. Charles Ng with his LS powered Mazda RX7 is in the lead with 228.50. But Fredric Aasbo in his Supra isn't far behind with 223.50.

We also have 2 other drivers with a shot depending on the top 2 drivers performances. Dean Kearney is still hanging in there with 182.25, and "Mad" Mike Whidett is still in position of a upset with 150 and some change. Its a long shot for both but we have seen odder things happen in the past. They both will need to be shooting for a win. All will be decided Oct 8th and 9th at Formula D "Title Fight" at Irwindale Speedway.

So who is your pick to win best rookie?
    Charles Ng
    50.89%
    Fredric Aasbo
    37.28%
    Dean Kearney
    6.51%
    "Mad" Mike Whiddet
    5.33%

Aasbo, based on average finish.

Ng has attended 2 more rounds, and is only 5 points ahead. I think before the end of Irwindale, Aasbo will claim the title outright, which will be a miracle since no other driver has ever earned rookie of the year without committing to every event.

Comment

yup. agree.

Comment

Aasbo.... so much fun to watch

Comment

The "Rookie of the year" must Charles Ng.

Comment

Aasbo FTW I'll go one further and predict he'll be on the podium at Irwindale.

Comment

My pics are Aasbo 1, Mike 2.

Comment

I'm pulling for Ng, since he went through the whole pro am thing. It will be nice to see a true rookie win it all. But if Aasbo beats him out, that's just what it is... the guy in the raggedy supra earned it.

Comment

charles ng

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                    I'm pulling for Ng, since he went through the whole pro am thing. It will be nice to see a true rookie win it all. But if Aasbo beats him out, that's just what it is... the guy in the raggedy supra earned it.
                    +1

also like Aasbo though

Comment

Dang Charels Ng fans came out of the woodwork.

Comment

My vote has to be Charles Ng. He's the only true rookie in the running. Not to take anything away from any of the other drivers listed, they all kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*, but they are ALL former champions from other professional drifting series'.

Comment

james deane.

Comment

Charles Ng

Comment

Freddy is a bad mofo!!!

BUT Charles is a true rookie to pro drift. I dont have many issues with awards given, but a pro is a pro. Going to a different series doesnt make them not a pro. If that made sense.

Both those dudes are really cool, dedicated, and bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* drivers. I wish them both luck.

I also wish the other contenders luck. I just havent had an opportunity to build much of a relationship with them yet. My bad. I havent made many events LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X