JUSTIN PAWLAK & Falken Team Manager JONATHON BRADFORD on MotoIQ Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Joey,

Let me make this clear, Justin was not responsible for the Wrecked comment, I did it. I thought it was pretty funny but sorry if it pissed you off. If you and your fans are super mad, please direct that toward me, Justin had nothing to do with it.

For the record, I like Wrecked a lot and read it almost every day, the guys at Wrecked do have some really good stuff that is useful information. Credit must be given where it is due.

I would like the record straight, at least how I see it.

1. We are not shrills for Falken. I am sure most people know I am a consultant for Falken but as far as MotoIQ goes, I am pretty sure Falken will not advertise with us any time soon, if they do I would sure welcome it but currently they don't. Currently they consider us to small to be worth the investment.
    2. I am good friends with JTP (at least away from the track I am, at an event we are gunning for him!). The editorial portrayed JTP in a very negative light, in my opinion unfairly. He was distraught about it and it really hurt him when he read all the hate mail and got booed in the Top 16 among other things.
    3. I knew this was not how things went down, I mean I was right there, I saw first hand how JBrad was pained to make the decision and how Tyler and JTP were both not happy campers. Like I said I was there as the events happened. Justin spoke to all parties involved and got a well rounded view of things.

So I thought it would be cool to allow JTP himself and JBrad to explain the real story of what happened. I would do it for any driver or team manager. I admit I did poke fun at Wrecked because I thought it was funny but I guess you don't think so. In that case I apologize to you and your fans but I think you owe JTP an apology as well. Maybe you should give him a call. I am serious about that.

Mike

Comment

I love motoiq and it's a fantastic website that is catered to the enthusiast that understands functionality is the basis for motorsports competition and is probably one of the very few that understands that. Mike Kojima is an amazing engineer and his expertise is evident in his work and his site. I have nothing but the upmost respect for him and the people of motoiq. that being said, remind me what team he works for? perhaps all the articles on the site should be prefaced with a disclaimer that Mr. Kojima is paid, on staff at Falken, so that people can be warned of possible bias? The cheap shot at a different website is in poor taste, especially when you take into account that the article was updated long before the motoiq article was posted and even worse when you take into account that a Falken team member is the creator and would have had first hand access to the information long before anyone else. So in my profesional opinion, directly referencing a publication is poor form. Mr. Kojima and Sir Redmond should sing kumbaya around a smoking drift tire.

Comment

I admit that I was not thinking that far into it, I just thought it was a clever pun. If anyone thinks it was in bad taste and if Joey is mad, I am the one to blame, not Justin. I am really sorry Joey, I love you! Please call JTP.

I did not create the MotoIQ FD article, What I did write was not an article just a one paragraph header for our radio show. The header is what the boys at Wrecked have taken offense to. I am a Falken team member but Justin wrote the FD coverage it not me. I don't think anything about Wrecked was mentioned there. So any offense is purely my fault I believe.

I do not think what Justin does is bad journalism it is more like accurate journalism. I don't report on FD because I am too busy to do my normal job which is helping the team win, I don't need outside distractions. That's why Justin does FD coverage and I don't. At events I hardly see him or any of the MotoIQ staff!

Yes I do work for Falken and MotoIQ but the Falken check goes to me and not MotoIQ. If anything people should accuse us of being bought by Nitto since they are advertisers but I suppose that will be coming soon enough though. Most bigger sites including Wrecked have advertisers.

I would give any other team an opportunity to have an opposing view point as well.
        Last edited by smartbomb; 09-01-2011, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
          Joey knows what he's doing. He knows he's stirring the pot..... and that's why people visit Wrecked. They want to get the unfiltered story, before the vanilla press release gets sent out to everybody
          +1

I know a LOT of people that read wrecked because it IS the most-updated and quickest updated site. Everyone knows the pot is always stirred over there, and quite honestly its pretty funny/fun to read the stuff, and troll on there.

Read Jalopnik, Autoblog, or any actually popular blog. You HAVE TO stir the pot(whole JTP thing)/poke fun at things (active aero)/post the latest info.

Wrecked does a great job at all three. You have to have enough common sense to know what goes on over there most of the time.

Bringing up the "Active Aero" thing at all here really illegitimizes any claim you're trying to make, that post was clearly, clearly a joke and something to add some content, which readers like myself do like. Its something to laugh at, and bring up later. The 'black wheel' thing has by far been my favorite post-for-absolutely-no-reason because while it is 100% a stupid discussion, its genuinely a comical point brought up that can be a fun topic at events/between events. That is unless you have an upcoming appointment at a proctologist, then everything might just seem dumb.

Wrecked does a great job being an informative, and fun resource to keep tabs on whats going on in drifting for fanboy's like myself who genuinely like the sport. Its the only site I know of that is normally updated on a daily basis, and like stated earlier, the only site that had any info on FD events as they occurred through the weekend.

The only thing Wrecked needs to improve on is some sort of log-in like on Autoblog. The fake-posting is the only thing that site has going negative for it.

Also worth noting, Wrecked has a 3rd gen Camaro. And posts about Forza sometime. Thats real driffin right there. 'Merica.
          Last edited by Mike Peters; 09-01-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

MotoIQ is also updated on a daily basis and we are proudly very different from Wrecked. I am not saying that we are better, but we are about as opposite as you can be. We are more into details and not so much the other stuff. MotoIQ does not cover just drifting either but if you want to find out how to do stuff in the drift world as a participant and how things are done from a mechanical standpoint, I think we are hard to beat.

Wrecked is really good entertainment and good at finding out useful to me information like course layouts. They usually find out about stuff like this first. I look at Wrecked almost every day because of this unless I am super busy.

I really take offense to suggestions that we alter news because of bias as was suggested. I think our content is good and solid, industry leading. Of course that is a biased opinion because its mine and I work there but it's what I live by and we have a stellar reputation in the industry. Most of the people in the industry read our site.

To suggest that Falken has control over everything I write is pretty out their as well. If you really read our site, I think you would have to have a real active imagination to think we are biased towards Falken.

Anyway enough of this nonsense, haters are gonna hate and nothing I say will sway them. Like I am found of saying, if you really hate our site the best thing to do is don't go there! I am done, I am pretty busy, I have to help win a championship and their is a lot of work to be done!

Comment

I want to tape a roundtable discussion between the writers of Wrecked, writers of MotoIQ, Jacob, Speedhunters, and MotorMavens.

Then take bets on how long everyone thinks it would take for the discusson to turn into an all out no-holds-barred brawl.

Any takers?

Comment

I'm in

Remember, I've grown up playing hockey. I'm always down for a scrum

Comment

Working...
                X