sr20det individual throttle bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sr20det individual throttle bodies

Guys, ur my last hope, i have been looking everywere for individual throttle bodies for my sr20det. If you know ANYTHING, please post, price if no question, i just perfer something already made, instead of custom made, but still tell me anything you know. You guys are the best, and long live tarzan!!

you can put ITB's on a turbo'd car?

Comment

Originally posted by MoNkEy_MaGiCx
      you can put ITB's on a turbo'd car?
      yes

Comment

it seems like it would have to be a full custom job with a lot of work involved, and would look rather odd.

Comment

Why would you want to do that? Turbo with ITB?

I don't get why... You're not going to get more power out of it... Forced Induction takes care of most of the variance for each intake port.

Matt.

Comment

please don't flame me as I am not a big nissan guy but didn't some of the n/a sr20's come with itb's? and I do know that if you go itb with a turbo motor you can change the power band with different length and diameter runners and allow more air flow per port by using a bigger plenum before the throttle plates, as opposed to just a big plenum with one throttle body. it would allow finer tuning of each cyl and more even pressure distribution across the cylinders if designed correctly.

Comment

There has never been one in a hyper rev... does that mean they don't exist... no, but good luck finding it if it does. Custom would probably be the route to go. But think about it, the SR20DET has been around for a long time... if it was that great someone would have made it to sell. Then again that kind of customization is some crap idea that doesn't seem to really do all that much for power, longevity, etc in real life as much as it does in theory. I know that ITB's for a while were a huge thing but they fadded away, when that happenes, it is usually for a reason.
              Last edited by LOVMUFN; 09-14-2004, 03:58 PM.

Comment

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003webcat...ompengine.html

tell me wat you think!!!!

Comment

link don't work

Comment

sorry about that, try this one

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-ca...ompengine.html

Comment

I'd love to hear ITBs on a SR20. But I hear them on my 20V all day, so maybe I should turbo it...I've heard that and it's bad @ss.

Comment

not to flame but think of it this way if you can find itb's for a sr already made by a manufacter good luck in my opinion i would just get a aftermarket turbo it would be cheaper and you more than likley would get more power out of a turbo than itb's. But hey if you want to go for it go for it. besides it would be preety cool, but i would go turbo. just my 2 cents

Comment

im doin' both, hehe

Comment

(turbo and ITB's)

Comment

if you have a sr20de then they make kits but if you have a sr20det just go ahead and get a aftermarket turbo. anyways here is a pic of the kit from tomei
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X